Jamin Davis to undergo season-ending shoulder surgery

turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Might as well. I don’t think he’s very good but I’d like to see if he is or isn’t for myself. 

I've seen him play really well in college. The problem is (as we all can agree) that many times, college is not a predictor of how a guy will play in the pros.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I've seen him play really well in college. The problem is (as we all can agree) that many times, college is not a predictor of how a guy will play in the pros.

I hate to say this but from reading scouting reports on him and stuff I think he’s got a bit of the Perry Riley & Zach Brown complex. He’s a talented athlete but doesn’t have it all upstairs. I think our best hope is he’d develop into an OLB while Jamin progresses and can be the MLB we wanted him to be when we drafted him in 2021. And, if neither are great at relaying signals, calling the plays & getting guys lined up that we retain Cam Curl & he can call the defensive plays as our SS/BN/WLB type who also locks down TEs.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

That’s too bad. He’d been more good than bad recently and I wanted him to keep building on that. 

If you shine a turd, in the end it’s still a turd.  

Obviously not a great comparison, because I would never do that to a person, but Davis has not played up to his billing at all in his career, despite what “improvements” we’ve seen this year.  

I’m not even sure a new regime doesn’t move on from him this off-season.  

14 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Obviously not a great comparison, because I would never do that to a person, but Davis has not played up to his billing at all in his career, despite what “improvements” we’ve seen this year.  

This is what happens when you reach with all of your picks. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

There’s no reason to move on from a rookie deal. He has one more year. They probably won’t give him the 5th year option & depending what he does in in 2024 he could be re-signed or let go in FA in 2025.

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Fans of the team could’ve made better picks than this regime. 

For sure. None of us had Jamin or Forbes going R1.

None of us had Mathis or Quan Martin going R2.

None of us had St Juste going R3.

None of us had John Bates & Percy Butler in R4.

I will say though that many fans were wrong about some picks too. I didn’t want him, but most C’s fans wanted AGG who couldn’t play at all.

Edited by turtle28