2024 Top FA Signing

HuskieBear

2024 Top FA Signing  

22 members have voted

1. 1. We only sign 1 "top" FA - which position/player would you want?

• DE - Hunter/Young/Burns/Allen
    • DT - Madubuike/Wilkins/Jones
    • WR - Higgins/Evans/Ridley/Pittman
    • C - Williams/Biadasz
    • RB - Henry/Barkley
    • FS - Stone/Winfield

I know he’s your guy @Madmike90, but I’ll just be surprised if we spend big money on a DT at this point. With the way Dexter is progressing already, Billings/Pickens being already solid and improving, plus the talent in the Draft… feels more likely that we just bring back Jones, or a similar type rotation guy who can just help those youngsters excel

But I was also surprised how much we spent on LBs last year so, maybe. 

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I know he’s your guy @Madmike90, but I’ll just be surprised if we spend big money on a DT at this point. With the way Dexter is progressing already, Billings/Pickens being already solid and improving, plus the talent in the Draft… feels more likely that we just bring back Jones, or a similar type rotation guy who can just help those youngsters excel

But I was also surprised how my CB we spent on LBs last year so, maybe. 

That blew my mind too. I know the off-field stuff was the biggest reason Roquan was shipped out, but to throw him out, have Sanborn look at least solid, then to go out and get Edmunds and Edwards? I would have loved to see the numbers on that ridiculousness for a betting company. lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

But I was also surprised how much we spent on LBs last year so, maybe. 

I just think he would be such a game changer both as a 3T and and as a leader for that defence that he has to be considered…Dexter was really good towards the end of the season and the upside is clearly there but if you can get an utter stud at 3T in this defence and allow Dexter to rotate in there and even at LE I think it just makes that D twice as good.

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I just think he would be such a game changer both as a 3T and and as a leader for that defence that he has to be considered…Dexter was really good towards the end of the season and the upside is clearly there but if you can get an utter stud at 3T in this defence and allow Dexter to rotate in there and even at LE I think it just makes that D twice as good.

I dont disagree with the premise here, or that Wilkins is the talent you are touting him as. I just think with all the hole we still have, even on defense, that its hard to see them spending that much somewhere that we seem to already have some impressive talent. Especially if we get another real DE o pair with Sweat and Walker can slide more inside.

Last offseason we needed LBs, I was just surprised at the level of money we spent. This seems alittle different, as we already have 3/4 of the Rotational DTs most of them with good talent. While last year, the only thing we had at LB was Sanborn.

Like I said, just on D we need another DE, we need another Safety (Ejax looks washed) and of course we still have to pay JJ. And thats before we even get to the Offensive side of the ball.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I dont disagree with the premise here, or that Wilkins is the talent you are touting him as. I just think with all the hole we still have, even on defense, that its hard to see them spending that much somewhere that we seem to already have some impressive talent. Especially if we get another real DE o pair with Sweat and Walker can slide more inside.

Last offseason we needed LBs, I was just surprised at the level of money we spent. This seems alittle different, as we already have 3/4 of the Rotational DTs most of them with good talent. While last year, the only thing we had at LB was Sanborn.

Like I said, just on D we need another DE, we need another Safety (Ejax looks washed) and of course we still have to pay JJ. And thats before we even get to the Offensive side of the ball.

That’s just it…I’m not sure we still have that many holes in comparison to the resources we have…even if we don’t trade out of #1…we have plenty of cap & picks to fill holes and a truly dominate 3T would have a massive impact on this defence.

9 minutes ago, refundmytickets said:

You almost have to look at the offense, don't you?

Whatever you do at QB, you're committing to building around that guy. Bring in a top WR and another OL. You don't want to be wondering if your QB has enough help.

OL for sure, you need atleast a real Center out of this Free Agency period (Id be worried about a Rookie there right now) and you could argue that we need a T or G out of FA or the Draft to push for a Starting spot.

I expect us to add one or two vet Weapons (WR/TE) but Im not so sure its a "top" guy there. We have the Top Guy in DJ Moore, and he needs to be paid as well. Not to mention a seriously talented Top 50 crop of WRs in the draft. I would expect it to be more along the lines of some reliable complimentary pieces, since you can get seriously burned with Free Agent WRs.

28 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

OL for sure, you need atleast a real Center out of this Free Agency period (Id be worried about a Rookie there right now) and you could argue that we need a T or G out of FA or the Draft to push for a Starting spot.

I expect us to add one or two vet Weapons (WR/TE) but Im not so sure its a "top" guy there. We have the Top Guy in DJ Moore, and he needs to be paid as well. Not to mention a seriously talented Top 50 crop of WRs in the draft. I would expect it to be more along the lines of some reliable complimentary pieces, since you can get seriously burned with Free Agent WRs.

I want to sign a C and then draft one high - even a conversion C like Barton or Fautanu (I like the idea of Zinter too if he falls). Then you have young talent that can step in at C if the FA goes down but also have someone who can push Davis at RG immediately.

I expect us to add one or two vet Weapons (WR/TE) but Im not so sure it’s a "top" guy there. We have the Top Guy in DJ Moore, and he needs to be paid as well. Not to mention a seriously talented Top 50 crop of WRs in the draft. I would expect it to be more along the lines of some reliable complimentary pieces, since you can get seriously burned with Free Agent WRs.

Looking at the early FA WR lists I keep bringing myself back to Curtis Samuel and Tyler Boyd. Reliable, consistent, durable complementary pieces. Then drafting a rookie early we hope can be a big time contributor, and another rookie in the middle rounds to push for reps at WR3/4.

For me a legit starting C is the only absolute must that we have for FA. Biadasz is my guy and I’d give him the bag, but even a guy a little older but who is maxed out as a solid and reliable veteran has to be had. From where we’re at and regardless of who the QB is C the one spot we absolutely cannot afford to miss again. When C is bad it screws up so much. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I want to sign a C and then draft one high - even a conversion C like Barton or Fautanu (I like the idea of Zinter too if he falls). Then you have young talent that can step in at C if the FA goes down but also have someone who can push Davis at RG immediately.

I always think grabbing a rehabbing OL is a good move, because they fall a bit, and should be able to be a contributor on the discount in the draft. Extra bonus points if they could be a Center

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Looking at the early FA WR lists I keep bringing myself back to Curtis Samuel and Tyler Boyd. Reliable, consistent, durable complementary pieces. Then drafting a rookie early we hope can be a big time contributor, and another rookie in the middle rounds to push for reps at WR3/4.

Ive got alot of WRs Id like to add for whoever our QB ends up being in '24. BUT Tyler Boyd would be the Smartest signing we could make for makin the Offense more reliable. I still wish we would have pulled Robert Woods, but this might be the next best thing for a QB

19 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

For me a legit starting C is the only absolute must that we have for FA. Biadasz is my guy and I’d give him the bag, but even a guy a little older but who is maxed out as a solid and reliable veteran has to be had. From where we’re at and regardless of who the QB is C the one spot we absolutely cannot afford to miss again. When C is bad it screws up so much. 

You know Im all in on Biadasz, but I am quite surprised how down the rest of the internet is on him. PFF has him in like the 90s for FA rankings, behind Andre James, Cushenberry and Brewer. That seems off to me, but they arent alone

My last resort for 2024 Starting Center is Nick Harris, I think he is still very talented, and he will be fully recuperated now.

• Like 1

Ive got alot of WRs Id like to add for whoever our QB ends up being in '24. BUT Tyler Boyd would be the Smartest signing we could make for makin the Offense more reliable. I still wish we would have pulled Robert Woods, but this might be the next best thing for a QB

I really like KJ Osborn in the 3rd WR role for us

You know Im all in on Biadasz, but I am quite surprised how down the rest of the internet is on him. PFF has him in like the 90s for FA rankings, behind Andre James, Cushenberry and Brewer. That seems off to me, but they arent alone

My last resort for 2024 Starting Center is Nick Harris, I think he is still very talented, and he will be fully recuperated now.

I haven't heard anything about the Raiders OL, so I can't speak to that. Living in Denver I've heard about Cush and he's just a guy. 

7 hours ago, refundmytickets said:

You almost have to look at the offense, don't you?

Whatever you do at QB, you're committing to building around that guy. Bring in a top WR and another OL. You don't want to be wondering if your QB has enough help.

That would be my choice... to sign a another WR1 and a C, then tag/sign Johnson.  Cut Ejack and Whitehair.  Use the cap/draft of upgrade other position.

• 2 weeks later...