2024 Top FA Signing

HuskieBear

2024 Top FA Signing  

22 members have voted

1. 1. We only sign 1 "top" FA - which position/player would you want?

• DE - Hunter/Young/Burns/Allen
    • DT - Madubuike/Wilkins/Jones
    • WR - Higgins/Evans/Ridley/Pittman
    • C - Williams/Biadasz
    • RB - Henry/Barkley
    • FS - Stone/Winfield

If we are talking about more realistic targets then AJ Epenesa screams a Poles FA target...

• Plays a primer position & one of need
  • Great size & length at 6-6" 260lbs with 34" arms
  • Great scheme fit (if Flus is still here)
  • Has improved every year in the league 
  • Will only have just turned 26 years old at the start of next year
  • Grew up and played HS ball in Illinois
Edited by Madmike90

40 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

If we are talking about more realistic targets then AJ Epenesa screams a Poles FA target...

• Plays a primer position & one of need
  • Great size & length at 6-6" 260lbs with 34" arms
  • Great scheme fit (if Flus is still here)
  • Has improved every year in the league 
  • Will only have just turned 26 years old at the start of next year
  • Grew up and played HS ball in Illinois

Mentioned him in my original post

He's also one of the best in football at deflecting passes at the LOS

11 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Mentioned him in my original post

He's also one of the best in football at deflecting passes at the LOS

Someone in that Epenesa/Bryce Huff tier makes a lot of sense for us IMO. Gonna get paid, but not #1 DE paid. With $24M/yr already invested in Sweat we probably shouldn’t go too crazy at one position in terms of cap investment, but I don’t love the R1 options at DE where our lower pick is lining up at the moment either.

I’m feeling like adding a premier FA at 3T may be becoming less of a push this offseason than I thought earlier in the year. Dexter has flashed a lot in that role in the past month or so. That may be more of a R2-4 draft target, especially given the FA cost of that position right now. 

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Someone in that Epenesa/Bryce Huff tier makes a lot of sense for us IMO. Gonna get paid, but not #1 DE paid. With $24M/yr already invested in Sweat we probably shouldn’t go too crazy at one position in terms of cap investment, but I don’t love the R1 options at DE where our lower pick is lining up at the moment either.

I’m feeling like adding a premier FA at 3T may be becoming less of a push this offseason than I thought earlier in the year. Dexter has flashed a lot in that role in the past month or so. That may be more of a R2-4 draft target, especially given the FA cost of that position right now. 

I still think if the right one hits the open market we should make a play simply because of how important the positions is...Wilkins could hit the market due to the fact the Dolphins are already projected to be way over the cap and that they spent big on their other DT this offseason...I also think Gervon can line up at multiple spots...

That said I wouldn't mind going into next season with Gervon as the starter and Pickens behind him...I think Pickens has flashed a good bit as well as the season has gone on...maybe noting big on the stat sheet but a nice play against the run...setting things up for others...a pressure that causes an incompletion on a big down...all thse things really matter and if he can kick on then we will have two young talented guys to continue to rotate in that spot...

What I would target in the 2nd-4th round range is more of a NT...Billings has been excellent this season well outperforming expectations but no one knows how long that will last for...getting someone else in there to rotate with him would be big...

There is of course another option...if we end up with the #1 pick and want to roll with Fields it could be a smart move to only move down to #2 with NE who will have their favorite between Caleb/Maye...if we could get the same sort of deal as we got from Carolina with a young talented DT like Christian Barmore that would give us the "Tank Johnson" type of NT who is good against the run but with more than enough pass rush to still be effective if the OL gives help elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

What I would target in the 2nd-4th round range is more of a NT...Billings has been excellent this season well outperforming expectations but no one knows how long that will last for...getting someone else in there to rotate with him would be big...

Absolute favorite NT in this draft is Sweat out of Texas

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Another guy talking about culture which shouldn't be overlooked in any decision...keeping JJ just makes a ton of sense right now especially if we keep Flus and this defence where he excels.

JJ is a scheme transcendent player 

Whether or not Flus remains as HC he should be re-signed

At worst I see him being tagged. No way Poles let's this guy walk for nothing 

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

JJ is a scheme transcendent player 

Whether or not Flus remains as HC he should be re-signed

At worst I see him being tagged. No way Poles let's this guy walk for nothing 

I agree he can play in just about any scheme but it was always clearly a zone heavier scheme was his best fit since college…I do completely agree he isn’t going anywhere.

• 4 weeks later...