2024 Top FA Signing

HuskieBear

2024 Top FA Signing  

22 members have voted

1. 1. We only sign 1 "top" FA - which position/player would you want?

• DE - Hunter/Young/Burns/Allen
    • DT - Madubuike/Wilkins/Jones
    • WR - Higgins/Evans/Ridley/Pittman
    • C - Williams/Biadasz
    • RB - Henry/Barkley
    • FS - Stone/Winfield

16 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Ha, just posted it in the other thread. That is pitiful

You can just see he hates playing the run...clearly the rumors of free lancing in Washington were true...dude just wants to make the splash sack and nothing else.

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Brian Allen released by the Rams…we were heavily linked with him before he resigned there…adds more depth to the C pool that’s for sure.

He makes Whitehair look good

If Waldron wants to throw a bone to a guy he knows, fine bring him as a camp body to fight for a roster spot as the backup Center. Other than that, I don’t have much interest. Not only can’t he stay healthy, but he’s just not any good (like I said when many wanted/expected us to last time)

33 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

He makes Whitehair look good

If Waldron wants to throw a bone to a guy he knows, fine bring him as a camp body to fight for a roster spot as the backup Center. Other than that, I don’t have much interest. Not only can’t he stay healthy, but he’s just not any good (like I said when many wanted/expected us to last time)

I knew you’d be in here about him lol.

The guy we haven’t talked about much in here but seems to be really high on all of the FA lists is Lloyd Cushenberry. Everything I read says he’s a really good pass protector. Strong PFF marks if you’re into that sort of thing. Just 1 sack allowed in 2023. 26 years old. His RAS is just okay (7.41). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I knew you’d be in here about him lol.

The guy we haven’t talked about much in here but seems to be really high on all of the FA lists is Lloyd Cushenberry. Everything I read says he’s a really good pass protector. Strong PFF marks if you’re into that sort of thing. Just 1 sack allowed in 2023. 26 years old. His RAS is just okay (7.41). 

I'm a little worried about him. I think he'll be one of the higher paid C in FA, but before this year he was JAG. Did he finally figure it out at the relatively young age of 25, or did he get his contract year bump? 

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

There is no source to link the report to on Rotoworld (I will always call it that, just like I will always call it Twitter), but Graziano said that the Dolphins dont plan to let Wilkins leave, including using the Franchise Tag if needed. Sorry @Madmike90

aren't they like, $50M over the cap rn? they pulling a page from the saints? especially with new contracts for Tua and Jaylen due up next

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

There is no source to link the report to on Rotoworld (I will always call it that, just like I will always call it Twitter), but Graziano said that the Dolphins dont plan to let Wilkins leave, including using the Franchise Tag if needed. Sorry @Madmike90

To be fair I have come round to the idea of Danielle Hunter on a shorter term contract then look to improve the DL depth deeper in the draft or with another cheaper FA pick up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

aren't they like, $50M over the cap rn? they pulling a page from the saints? especially with new contracts for Tua and Jaylen due up next

not sure thats all that pressing for them right now. To me they are more likely to play out the string here with the 5YO and atleast one Franchise Tag with his Injury history

2 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

A new contract for Tua almost certainly reduces his 2024 cap hit (currently $23M) significantly. 

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I forget which of you brought him up as a Cut candidate, but I knew not to get myself excited about the possibility 

It was me and I believe I conveyed it along the lines of “It’s not likely, but if they did…”. He’s actually one of the guys on their roster where it makes sense to add to the end of the deal because of his age/ability rather than just doing so because they have to to get compliant. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

I'm a little worried about him. I think he'll be one of the higher paid C in FA, but before this year he was JAG. Did he finally figure it out at the relatively young age of 25, or did he get his contract year bump? 

Counterpoint - isn’t it a significant risk with most UFAs that things change for them from a preparation and/or effort standpoint once they get paid? We know he was really good in 2023 (so it’s in him to be good at this level) and that comes into FA healthy. We can’t really ask much more as a team looking to add him from the outside IMO unless a guy has played for our coach before like Evan Brown with Waldron last year.