Week 15: Ravens @ Jags

Ray Reed

SNF

Jacksonville has been a house of horrors for this franchise throughout most of our history

Probably a game we have to have if we want the 1 seed

Also a game we probably have to win to maintain a 2 game lead in the division & the Browns have a pretty easy schedule to end the year. Jacksonville is more desperate, but this is one we need too 

NW 21 mph winds in this game, which is 2x what we saw last week. I’ll be interested to see how this passing attack handles the strong winds.

That said, the last time the team saw 20 mph NW winds was at M&T Bank against the Detroit Lions in a blowout victory.

My mind still has me scarred from that Buffalo playoff game while my gut tells me that we win this game by 3 scores and send a message. 34-9, Ravens.

After last year against the Jags, we know the team won’t be underestimating the Jags. Lamar is now 14-4 in prime time games and seems to be warming up some. The Jags have just played against 6 physical and/or desperate football teams in a row and are banged up: Steelers, 49ers, Titans (division), Texans (division), Bengals, Browns.

Ravens on the other hand are relatively fresh having had just two games in the last 31 days. This feels like it could be the type of game that remains “close” throughout the 1st half but then the doors blow off in the second. Something like 17-6 at the half with a last minute field goal taking it from 14-6 to a more commanding lead. Then in the second half the Jags fatigue sets in and the game gets to be a bit out of hand.

…. at least this type of game would be best for my heart, can’t keep enduring the heart cardio like we saw against the Rams.

11 minutes ago, Nobellythrower said:

etienne is better then kyree from the rams, run defense is going to have to get better or there going to get gashed and mix it with play action 

Idk about that, especially not this season. Etienne is averaging 91.5 YFS/game, 0.77 TDs/game while Williams is averaging 110 YFS/game and 1.1 TDs/game.

This season Kyren Williams has been decisively better.

1 hour ago, Nobellythrower said:

Etienne leads in broken tackle, also has more scrimmage yards, and way better receiving back 

He’s got more scrimmage yards because he’s played in 13 games vs Kyren who was hurt for a few games and thus has only played in 9 games.

That’s why I used yards from scrimmage per game as opposed to just YFS totals.

2 hours ago, Nobellythrower said:

etienne is better then kyree from the rams, run defense is going to have to get better or there going to get gashed and mix it with play action 

Lucky for you, we can’t run block at all. He’s averaging less than 2 YPC between the tackles the last 5 games. Y’all should be ok.