Week 15: Ravens @ Jags

Ray Reed

4 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah, he’s unbelievable. If he doesn’t get voted All Pro, it’ll be a crime.

Kyle Hamilton
Roquan Smith
Patrick Queen
Justin Madubuike
Brandon Stephens

Our top 5 defenders atm IMO.

I'd put Clowney above Stephens. He had a rough game tonight (and last week). But, I guess, Clowney hasn't done a whole lot recently either. Maybe Michael Pierce?

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'd put Clowney above Stephens. He had a rough game tonight (and last week). But, I guess, Clowney hasn't done a whole lot recently either. Maybe Michael Pierce?

Clowney is an impact player as well, but similar to Oweh, he doesn’t finish often enough… he’s also wearing down some, you can see it.

I thought about putting Clowney and Pierce at HMs, but then I’d have to also list KVN there as well because he’s played less games and has made some huge cerebral and impact plays as well.

But Stephens has put legit clamps on many a WR at this point. He’s always in tight coverage but is not getting his head around too. Even when he gives up a catch, he’s usually in the area to rally. Outside of a peanut punch, I’d say he’s playing on a similar if not greater level than AP Humphrey in just pure coverage.

36 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Justice Hill is going to have to level up for the playoff run. He's talented enough to do it, but we need to sign another pass catching back. 

He’s our best pass blocking RB and has shown to be our best pass catching RB as well. I’m good with what he provides.

The depth however terrifies me and it was nice having both Hill and Mitchell with that juice but with different rushing styles.

Now I’m faced with looking up who Monmouth RB Owen Wright is and his preseason and college highlights. That and we’ve got Melvin Gordon who I’m terrified of fumbling the ball away in a critical playoff situation.

Recorded the game last night, will watch later and give my thoughts. Takeaways without having watched:

-Huge that we can lose to San Fran and still get the 1 seed now

-Keaton injury SUCKS. Hope that doesn't lead to an inevitable Melvin Gordon fumble in the playoffs

7 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Recorded the game last night, will watch later and give my thoughts. Takeaways without having watched:

-Huge that we can lose to San Fran and still get the 1 seed now

-Keaton injury SUCKS. Hope that doesn't lead to an inevitable Melvin Gordon fumble in the playoffs

First half observations

-Oweh playing hard out there

-Kyle Van Noy creates 2-3 huge TFLs a game for us, usually when the opponents is around our ~30

-The "Humphrey is the worst contract on the team" takes I saw last week and wanted to call out seem even more asinine today. Humphrey is a far superior player at his position than Ronnie Stanley is. Humphrey has days like today and against the Lions where he can still shut down legit WRs. Stanley gets dominated and/or hurt seemingly every game

-Queen's tackling has been suspect the past 2-3 weeks

-Hamilton is ungodly 

-Outside of the bad INT Lamar is playing very well. He has to be one of the worst screen QBs in the league though. They are never thrown on time or super accurately

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

-The "Humphrey is the worst contract on the team" takes I saw last week and wanted to call out seem even more asinine today. Humphrey is a far superior player at his position than Ronnie Stanley is. Humphrey has days like today and against the Lions where he can still shut down legit WRs. Stanley gets dominated and/or hurt seemingly every game

IDK I think the argument stands. Stanley has played more games than Humphrey this season so you can't really say he's less injury prone since he came back last year. Stanley has played 150 more snaps than Humphrey this year. 

For the year Humphrey has 3 PDs, 0 INTs, 19 tackles. I'd say he's just an average DB, and we are getting great production out of our no-name CB group. Stephens has definitely surpassed Humphrey and Maulet and Darby as just as good at this point. 

The reason Humphrey's contract is worse is because we can plug in random vets making $1-2 million and get just as good production. Whereas you can't find random noobs at that price to play starting LT. 

2 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

IDK I think the argument stands. Stanley has played more games than Humphrey this season so you can't really say he's less injury prone since he came back last year. Stanley has played 150 more snaps than Humphrey this year. 

For the year Humphrey has 3 PDs, 0 INTs, 19 tackles. I'd say he's just an average DB, and we are getting great production out of our no-name CB group. Stephens has definitely surpassed Humphrey and Maulet and Darby as just as good at this point. 

The reason Humphrey's contract is worse is because we can plug in random vets making $1-2 million and get just as good production. Whereas you can't find random noobs at that price to play starting LT. 

Agree to disagree.

Ronnie Stanley’s cap hit this season is 23 million. Humphrey’s is 12. Humphrey has had some very good outings mixed with some bad ones. Stanley has been bad/below average all season.

• Like 1