FootballsFuture Team Subforum Activity Rankings

Tank4Drake

Bored and obsessed with data *shrug*

Ranked by Current Activity such as consistent Weekly GDT’s, weekly posts, overall posts, overall members (weekly/recent activity takes big emphasis)

Tier 1:

1. Green Bay Packers

Tier 2:

2. Cleveland Browns

3. Philadelphia Eagles

4. Minnesota Vikings

5. Las Vegas Raiders

6. Tennessee Titans

7. Washington Commanders

Tier 3: 

8. San Francisco 49ers

9. Dallas Cowboys

10. Chicago Bears

11. Pittsburgh Steelers

Tier 4: 

12. Houston Texans

13. Detroit Lions

14. New York Jets

15. Baltimore Ravens

16. Buffalo Bills

17. Denver Broncos

18. Kansas City Chiefs

19. New England Patriots

Tier 5:

20. Cincinnati Bengals

21. New York Giants

22. Los Angeles Rams

23. Miami Dolphins

24. New Orleans Saints

25. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

26. Jacksonville Jaguars

Tier 6:

27. Indianapolis Colts

28. Carolina Panthers

29. Atlanta Falcons

30. Seattle Seahawks

Tier 7:

IMG-6762.gif

31. Los Angeles Chargers

32. Arizona Cardinals

• Like 5

Feels like forums are a dying breed as a discussion platform. Shame, I’ve loved forums since the mid-00s - but it seems to me that social media is largely taking over. 

Still, don’t just mourn lost posters from before - appreciate the ones who are here now. Ten years from now, many of the usernames you currently see won’t be around… and the only threads left to browse might be the ones in your memory.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Feels like forums are a dying breed as a discussion platform. Shame, I’ve loved forums since the mid-00s - but it seems to me that social media is largely taking over. 

Bingo - plus side is that you as a consumer get to interact with more people on SM than you would with a message forum. Minus side is that the engagement is usually fleeting, you really don't build the same rapport you would with others with differing opinions - I can get into a heated debate with someone and never see them again outside of that particular topic, that's not as easy here.

An additional minus is that the ecosystem that SM presents means your experience is more homogenized to your preferences; The algorithms that curate your experience will specifically tailor to your likes and/or your interests. Message boards such as this present information a la carte; If I wanted to engage with other fans or other interests outside of my circle, I just have to find a sub and click.

All in all, message boards like this are like the fullback or the off-ball LB who can only play the run. If you have one that you use frequently, it serves its purpose. If you don't have one.... you really don't need one, you can still get the job done. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Still, don’t just mourn lost posters from before - appreciate the ones who are here now. Ten years from now, many of the usernames you currently see won’t be around… and the only threads left to browse might be the ones in your memory.

I'll still be here. 😇

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

All in all, message boards like this are like the fullback or the off-ball LB who can only play the run. If you have one that you use frequently, it serves its purpose. If you don't have one.... you really don't need one, you can still get the job done. 

So SM is like the "mobile QB" - super dominant in its heyday but also super fleeting and prone to being replaced by the next flashy thing at a moment's notice...

25 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Agreed. Sports discussions on social media are poison, so I mostly come here for my sports fix. There are a few crybabies here and there, but this site is pretty easily my favorite to discuss and learn about football. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I said this in another place where this discussion was going.  Reddit is great for combining a bunch of communities together.  But forums were still thriving from 2012-2014 when Reddit was becoming popular.  

What killed it was social media, as well as other places for communities to gather- first it was GroupMe, and now it’s Discord.  In all three of those places, you can have instant engagement with anyone around the world.  And in Facebook, you can be a part of different groups, very similar to Reddit.  

Forums are dying, but you can still have active ones.  This is one of the most active sports forums around still, especially after the loss of PSD.  It would be awesome if some folks would look at this tier list, and try to generate some activity into the ones low on the list to try and bring some more eyes to those forums.  

Also, it would help as a whole if people would make more threads.  This is always the potential for new people to find our site and register, but if they don’t see a topic about something they care about, they aren’t going to bother posting.  For example, in the Commanders forum, someone posted in one of our general threads that Terry McLauren was frustrated about his lack of targets.  I broke that discussion topic out into its own thread, because someone lurking would be able to find it easily.  

I mean, you google “NFL Message Board” and we are at the top.  That helps, but we also have to make it easier for the non-message board generation to find their way over here and be a part of the community.  

• Like 3

Just now, malak1 said:

Agreed. Sports discussions on social media are poison, so I mostly come here for my sports fix. There are a few crybabies here and there, but this site is pretty easily my favorite to discuss and learn about football. 

On social media, you can get in a flame war with someone and never see them ever again. On Reddit (which I guess is technically a massive forum) I'll argue with someone but never remember their username for the most part - so the people I see may as well be complete strangers every day. There's more of a community feel on forums like this; someone can call you an idiot and you'll spend four years waiting for your chance to point out an error they make and call them the idiot...

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

someone can call you an idiot and you'll spend four years waiting for your chance to point out an error they make and call them the idiot...

There no doubt that vindication is a reason people keep coming back. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, malak1 said:

There is nothing I loathe more than dedicated sports accounts on SM whose usernames are something like 'Pickensburgh SZN (7-7) 😤' and reply nothing                  but 'ratio Mincah better' on every post by a team/media account.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

There is nothing I loathe more than dedicated sports accounts on SM whose usernames are something like 'Pickensburgh SZN (7-7) 😤' and reply nothing                  but 'ratio Mincah better' on every post by a team/media account.

That and "cope." When did coping become a bad thing? Do people not know what that word means? 

• Like 1