QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

I get the sense that we are either going to trade into the back half of the top ten for JJ or we are taking Latham at 13. If both are gone I'm guessing that we will be trading back.  I'm cool with JJ. I watched at least 6 of his games at Michigan and I thought he looked good.  But honestly, I would have bet my bourbon collection that Teddy Bridgewater was going to be a perennial all pro...   

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I think Fields goes to ATL, I think that makes a lot of sense. Kirk Cousins resigns with Vikings. QBs go 1,2,3.

Even if the Vikings resign Kirk I could see them targeting JJ McCarthy to have a developmental guy in the wings behind him.

20 minutes ago, Geezy said:

That leaves Tennesee(good chance they stick with Levis) Denver, Raiders  in the top 13 looking for QBs, and Pitt a little down the board. 

I think JJ  goes top 10 to one of these teams. I’d have no problem with him at 13, but would be a little iffy adding more than an extra 3rd to get him. 

would you rather have JJ at 13? Or possibly with a trade up, or one of Nix or Penix in the 2nd? I don’t see us being able to trade into the top 3. 

In addition to the Vikings I also wouldn't sleep on the Giants (#6) or the Jets/Steelers/Rams/Seahawks being sleeper teams that want to add a QB early.

I think there's a legitimate chance McCarthy goes at #3 or #6 and don't think there's any chance he makes it past the Broncos at #12.

If you have faith in JJ at #13 as a potential franchise QB, is giving up a 3rd round pick to secure him at #10 really that big of a deal?

There has been a lot of chatter about Nix going high, I've seen some speculate he could be a top 15 pick.

2 minutes ago, SodakRaiders said:

I get the sense that we are either going to trade into the back half of the top ten for JJ or we are taking Latham at 13. If both are gone I'm guessing that we will be trading back.  I'm cool with JJ. I watched at least 6 of his games at Michigan and I thought he looked good.  But honestly, I would have bet my bourbon collection that Teddy Bridgewater was going to be a perennial all pro...   

Didn't most of the Latham rumors start to circulate before we hired our new GM? A RT over a DT/CB at #13 would be so lame.

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Even if the Vikings resign Kirk I could see them targeting JJ McCarthy to have a developmental guy in the wings behind him.

In addition to the Vikings I also wouldn't sleep on the Giants (#6) or the Jets/Steelers/Rams/Seahawks being sleeper teams that want to add a QB early.

I think there's a legitimate chance McCarthy goes at #3 or #6 and don't think there's any chance he makes it past the Broncos at #12.

If you have faith in JJ at #13 as a potential franchise QB, is giving up a 3rd round pick to secure him at #10 really that big of a deal?

There has been a lot of chatter about Nix going high, I've seen some speculate he could be a top 15 pick.

I don’t think the Vikes will spend 45 mil and a top 10 pick on QBs in the same offseason. 

i don’t see the Giants going QB, I think they add a WR to help Jones. Jets and Rams are built to compete now so I think they aft to help now. I listed the Steelers and I can see the Seahawks. 

I said anything more than an additional 3rd for JJ would give me pause. 

I can see Nix going in the first round, especially if someone moves up and gets that extra year of a rookie contract. 

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Didn't most of the Latham rumors start to circulate before we hired our new GM? A RT over a DT/CB at #13 would be so lame.

RT go top 10 all the time now. It ain’t sexy but it’s necessary. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Nothing can make a mediocre QB look better than a good run game.  But yes,  not sexy at all.   

Edited by SodakRaiders
after thought.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

1. Yep. Practically guaranteed. 

2. Nope. A 3rd to move up for a QB is totally palatable. A lot more than mortgaging the farm for multiple years to move up. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SodakRaiders said:

Nothing can make a mediocre QB look better than a good run game.  But yes,  not sexy at all.   

11 hours ago, Geezy said:

RT go top 10 all the time now. It ain’t sexy but it’s necessary. 

I understand the rational and it wouldn't be a bad pick if he ends up being a cornerstone tackle for us. But your odds of finding a good RT later in the draft or in free agency are much better than finding a high end CB, pass rusher, or DT.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We're currently the favorite to sign Kirk Cousins over Minnesota.

I was honestly thinking this might happen after you reminded me of our OC hire as I thought we'd go after Fields. Would put us in a weird situation. Do you still draft a QB and have AOC and the draft pick sit and learn or do you ride with those two? I'm guessing the latter. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We're currently the favorite to sign Kirk Cousins over Minnesota.

It makes sense, we’re on the outside looking in on the top 4 QBs in the draft, and we can afford him in FA. 

I’m 50/50 on Cousins. Achilles, wants a fully gtd contract. I’d be willing to go two years but anything after that is too much for a 36 year old QB coming off a major injury. 

On the flip side he was playing at a high level and would have some nice pieces at his disposal and would make DA happy 

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Please trade for Trey Lance. Cowboys projected to extend Dak Prescott. It will only cost a mid rounder. Lance could make the GM look like a genius. Lance younger and better than Bo Nix. Lance should be in this draft class and would be QB3 too. 

Whatever you're smoking, gimme some. 

Lance was and remains a bust. The only QB3 thing about Lance is his position on both San Francisco's and Dallas' depth chart during the 2023 season. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Whatever you're smoking, gimme some. 

Lance was and remains a bust. The only QB3 thing about Lance is his position on both San Francisco's and Dallas' depth chart during the 2023 season. 

You have a fix mindset. Become a visionary