Draft Discussion 2.0

FGK

2 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Here it is guys. The event of 2018 everyone has been looking forward to…  

MOCK OF AGES! Take 1: Pre-Free Agency 

I’m going to make a few broad FA predictions: 

We address QB with a vet. Dorsey uses his KC connections and trades for Alex Smith. We send Philly’s 2nd rounder and our 5th for him.  

Browns Sign Cody Lattimer from Denver. Denver has Thomas and Sanders still Lattimer is coming off his rookie contract and when given the opportunity has shown a lot of flash. He also can return kicks too! Signed as an insurance policy incase Gordon goes to pot (pun intended) and if Mr. Can’t catch a cold breaks his hand again.  

Malcolm Butler from New England. Butler is a solid CB and rumor has it that New England will let him walk.  

Crown Jewel – Jarvis Landry. We bring in a big money contract and make Jarvis our #1 WR.  

Players worth mentioning we let leave – Crowell.

Now onto the draft! (No trades. They are hard to predict... Besides Alex Smith)

1st (Browns) – Sam Darnold USC QB! (I know he hasn’t declared yet but if he does, he has to be our guy.) Darnold might not be ready to start day 1 but he is the best sit and let learn QB in the draft. With Alex Smith leading the helm for at least a year, Sam Darnold can do exactly what Rodgers was allowed to do and learn the pros for a whole season. Darnold has the size, strength, accuracy, touch on the ball, pocket presence, Big Ben make something out of nothing factor, scambling that you want from a QB along with the leadership and character you want in your locker room. This guy is a can’t miss if we take our time.  

1st (Houstons) – S. Barkley PSU RB! With the 4th overall pick and QB going at #2, we are sure to have our pick of either Barkley or Fitzpatrick. Indy needs OLine and DB help. I could see them taking Nelson or Fitzpatrick. That is why I’m saying we pick Barkley. Barkley is the complete package at running back. He can pick up the pass rush and block. He can be a hard nose north and south guy. He can go out for the screens. He can even return kicks if needed. Barkley is a complete player and we cannot miss the opportunity to add that to our offense.  

2nd Round (Browns) –Kolton Miller UCLA RT – A lot of people have Brown, McGlinchey, Williams, or Okorafor ahead of him BUT they are LTs. Kolton started off at Left but since they switched him over to right he has been excellent. I think he would be a good fit on our line. AND because other teams pick from the list mentioned, he falls to us in the 2nd.  

2nd (Houstons) – James Washington OkSt WR – Why pick a wideout when I have us signing two of them in FA? Well because I truly believe the combination of Kizer and the practice squad all-stars is the reason we went 0-16. Can’t catch Coleman has yet to play 16 full games a season and Gordon is a beer away from being gone for another 3 season. Plus if everything works out, I would love for the only serious discussion regarding our WR core to be “Do we cut Higgins or Louis?” come summer of 2018. (Alternate pick would be Isiah Oliver Colorado CB.)  

2nd (Philly) traded for Alex Smith 

3rd Round (Browns) – Troy Fumagalli Wis TE – For the last few seasons of Big Ten ball, I have always heard his name called followed by FIRST DOWN! We have not had a sure handed white guy on the team since Brian Brennan.  

4th Round (Browns) – Brian Allen Mich St C – We need an insurance policy in case our interior oline gets hurt. Having a future Center that can play all positions in development is a good idea. Why Allen? I dunno saw his name on a bunch of mocks going around the 4th.  

4th (Carolina) – Tarvarus McFadden Florida St CB – Tall for a CB and again I saw him around the 4th on a few mocks. Could be wrong but I think we should pick DB here.  

5th Round (Browns) Traded for Alex Smith 

5th (KC) – Josey Jewell Iowa ILB – Just a depth pick here. Be happy I put down a name.  

6th Round (Browns) – BPA (Ah the lazy man’s mock pick of choice for the late rounds!) I’m targetting any fallen top 10 talent left on my draft boards here. I would also look for injured players who were can’t miss before their injury types as well.  

7th Round (Browns) – Again BPA. These are too hard to predict right now.  

There you have! I went offense heavy because our offense was offensive.  

That is all

Mastercheddaar

There is absolutely no indication Andy Reid wants to trade Smith. If he wanted to start Mahomes next season, we would have seen a lot more of him during KC's slip, in order to prepare him for starting for KC next season.

Riding the bench means nothing in the scheme of things and hardly measns Andy Reid wants to start Mahomes.

I like the first 2 picks, but after that, it gets quite questionable????

6 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

There is absolutely no indication Andy Reid wants to trade Smith. If he wanted to start Mahomes next season, we would have seen a lot more of him during KC's slip, in order to prepare him for starting for KC next season.

Riding the bench means nothing in the scheme of things and hardly measns Andy Reid wants to start Mahomes.

Well the kind of money Smith would be owed with the fact they have a top10 pick waiting to play they might want to trade him to get extra cap space to bring other talent in other positions 

26 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

He's not a FA. Plus that ODB trade is insane. The Giants would never. I know you prefaced it by saying it'd never happen, but this is unrealistic even for an unrealistic off-season.

Plus Elliot the safety is highly overdrafted here.

McCarron filed a grievance against the bengals to become a UFA. He has a good chance of getting it too from what I’m reading. He’s a RFA right now. 

The reason the giants are doing that trade is because they can’t pay OBJ what he wants and the broncos are already calling about number 1. Idc who you are. QB is number 1 priority and I’m sure they’d do that trade to make sure they get Rosen or whatever QB they want 

10 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'm trying to think of a polite way to state that the above mock draft is the worst I've ever seen. I saw Roquan Smith spend 3 quarters last night getting man-handled and missing reads as an ILB, who, by the way, we already have THREE GREAT ONES in Kirksey, Collins, and Schobert. STUPID PICK at #6 overall.

An OT at #4?

Trading pick #33 for A.J. McCarron and THEN drafting Finley 2 picks later?

Trading pick #37 for Dez Bryant, who is older, slower, and hasn't had 100 yards receiving in a game in almost 2 years?

Are you Jimmy Haslem/Hue Jackson/Dorsey in disguise sending out feelers?

I love the Elliott and Penny picks though.

Like I said bro....My true Mock would be on par with TheeRealDeal. I just wanted to play around. NO feelings hurt whatsoever. It was all in good fun. I'll post my true Mock in the next couple days for sure. Haha

I will say.....I truly believe by the time the draft comes, 2 OTs will be projected in the top 10. FA doesn't have much big name talent available at OT and that might sway OTs further up the board. Especially being how highly valued the position is. Last year, OT wasn't even spit in the wind. This year, there are 3 specimens at LT. The only reason I put McGlinchey at 4 is because of JT. I don't think it will happen, but JT stated he won't play to the point of looking ridiculous. He may not like being injured, but he sure might like being a coach...he's had a taste and has done well mentoring Drango 1 on 1.

As for Roquan, I just wanted to stir up possibilities if he tests well at the combine, while his tape is strong. I understand he was "a ghost" against OU early, and even during the game ending interview he stated that he was playing within the game plan, and it changed late in the game. They let him loose. It showed how much respect they had for Mayfield early on. Too much.

I like Finley. The only reason I put him there. Besides I feel he's way better than what we currently have. 

Dez was just fun to put in with him being unhappy. That's all. Haha

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Well the kind of money Smith would be owed with the fact they have a top10 pick waiting to play they might want to trade him to get extra cap space to bring other talent in other positions 

Besides the fact the Chiefs will be roughly $11 mil over the cap at the beginning of the new league year. Alex Smith will be moved. And he knew it when they drafted Mahomes. 

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

And who is responsible/accountable for that?

Every year the top teams are over the cap or just up to it. You have to sign and resign guys to be contenders. Dorsey contributed. But the chiefs are loaded with guys well deserving of their contracts. 

6 minutes ago, bruceb said:

And who is responsible/accountable for that?

All the good talent brought in from Dorsey. He's had a rookie go to the pro bowl the last 3 years, and the talent brought in through FA. The Chiefs didn't have no where near as much ammo as the Browns have this year. Beaides....all of his 1st Rd picks are solid starters or pro bowlers. He doesn't miss early....unlike the Browns of old. 

9 minutes ago, dawgpound1816 said:

All the good talent brought in from Dorsey. He's had a rookie go to the pro bowl the last 3 years, and the talent brought in through FA. The Chiefs didn't have no where near as much ammo as the Browns have this year. Beaides....all of his 1st Rd picks are solid starters or pro bowlers. He doesn't miss early....unlike the Browns of old. 

He inherited 8 pro bowlers iirc.

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Joe Jurevicious. We don't need another TE, especially this high. Fumagalli is not going to go this high anyways. He's a 5th-7th round guy. Not fast or big, not a superb blocker. Great hands that plays in the perfect system to get open crossing the middle and sitting in zones when the LBer's jump the run game. It doesn't mean he won't be good, but there are 7-8 TE's in this class that should go before him. And again, TE is one area where we don't need to add another player. I'd pass up BPA at DT and TE, but that's about it.

I’m allowed to have one scrappy mid round player per draft. Troy fumagalli is that scrappy mid rounder. Maybe switch him out for a fourth. 

That is all

mc 

3 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

After miller is got questionable for me. I wanted to take either wr or cb with houstons pick without reaching too far. But i am dead set on not having any of the practice squad all stars next year... gordon staying clean n can’t catch staying healthy is already asking too much. 

That is all

mc

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He inherited 8 pro bowlers iirc.

He did, and he also had to replace players as their contracts were to expire. That's the other reason I brought up McGlinchey in the crazy draft I posted. Eric Fisher was drafted when their OL was still put together. Just like the Mahomes pick. He knew cap hell was coming, so he made the moves the year before to sustain competition and continous growth

Archived