Kirk Cousins ends run with Vikings, signs with ATL (p.36)

vike daddy

22 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Agreed, unlike someone like Brees who signed his extension Super Bowl weekend. He didn’t need to get all the offers from other teams to determine what the amount was to are to. Could also be that based on how the last round of extension talks with with Vikings, he may internally believe Vikings might not come up to the number other teams might. 

I would say there are multiple factors, including quality of team, pay rate and stability.

30 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

If Kirk does happen to leave (I hope that's not the case), I'm pretty confident that it'll be on good terms and most Vikings Fans will root for him wherever he plays (with the exception of an NFC North rival) 

The truth of the matter is, Kirk deserves a ring just like Stafford did. I would love to see him get one, I just hope it's with us.

He deserves a ring if he can win one. I wouldn't go beyond that.

35 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

If we don't resign Kirk, then we better trade up for a QB. 

If we don't do that, I will be extremely concerned about the lack of competence from our front office.

Its two separate things and might not be connected
a) Move on from Kirk at his asking rate

b) See if the teams at the top want to move down. It’s very possible they don’t.

so they determine what’s the next part of the plan

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

right now, everyone is an expert, or an idiot. or both.

no one has any real sources in either camp that they can quote that sheds actual truth on where the situation is. a "journalist" writes a hunch to make his word quota for the day, and then others quote that journalist as their source.

happens every year like this.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Its two separate things and might not be connected
a) Move on from Kirk at his asking rate

b) See if the teams at the top want to move down. It’s very possible they don’t.

so they determine what’s the next part of the plan

But then my question would be what is the plan if we A) Move on from Kirk, and then B) Stick at #11 and don't draft a QB or draft one who's not ready? 
It is a situation that makes fans skin crawl

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

But then my question would be what is the plan if we A) Move on from Kirk, and then B) Stick at #11 and don't draft a QB or draft one who's not ready? 
It is a situation that makes fans skin crawl

Then it's going to be a rough year. 

• Like 3