Kirk Cousins ends run with Vikings, signs with ATL (p.36)

vike daddy

9 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

it could very well be, that both partys are just staying hush hush, for each party’s benefit

other than, that's not what Kirk himself has said. that he's said he wishes plans were being discussed now, but he recognizes it has to wait until March.

minor detail you're leaving out....

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

other than, that's not what Kirk himself has said. that he's said he wishes plans were being discussed now, but he recognizes it has to wait until March.

Wait.  Kirk said he wishes plans were being discussed now?  I didn't notice when that happened (or maybe I forgot).  When did he say it?

8 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Wait.  Kirk said he wishes plans were being discussed now?  I didn't notice when that happened (or maybe I forgot).  When did he say it?

no, i'm saying that's NOT what Cousins is saying. but we do know what he IS.

posted on Feb 11:

Cousins: "That's kind of our attitude [waiting]. We do have a lot of work to do between September and February and when it gets to February and March, now we kind of are past it and it's like, all right, we hired an agent. The team has its role. Let's just see what happens and we kind of become like everybody else."

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethesports/vikings/ahead-of-free-agency-kirk-cousins-says-expects-to-play-several-more-years

Feb 12:

Cousins:  “Many people who ask including friends and family are surprised conversations don’t really begin until March.”

https://vikingsterritory.com/2024/news/top_news/cousins-timeline-takes?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

@CriminalMind was saying then, and is still saying now, that if the two camps wanted to deal with each other they would have done so by now, or would have announced that they are attempting to.

but Cousins himself says those conversations just don't start until March.

hey, i don't know... who ya gonna believe here...? i mean, who has better inside information, Cousins or one of us? we all gotta decide that one...

Edited by vike daddy

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

posted on Feb 11:

Cousins: "That's kind of our attitude [waiting]. We do have a lot of work to do between September and February and when it gets to February and March, now we kind of are past it and it's like, all right, we hired an agent. The team has its role. Let's just see what happens and we kind of become like everybody else."

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethesports/vikings/ahead-of-free-agency-kirk-cousins-says-expects-to-play-several-more-years

Feb 12:

Yet, according to Cousins, it’s a March thing. He told Sky Sports about two weeks ago, “Many people who ask including friends and family are surprised conversations don’t really begin until March.”

https://vikingsterritory.com/2024/news/top_news/cousins-timeline-takes?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

When I read those quotes when they were posted, and when I read them right now, I don't get the impression he wishes discussions were happening right now. Perhaps there is context I am missing.  I took it to mean he was happy to wait until March. Those quotes do not sound to me like he wanted to be negotiating a deal right now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I took it to mean he was happy to wait until March. Those quotes do not sound to me like he wanted to be negotiating a deal right now.

yes, i agree. and added as much after you quoted my post to be more clear.

it's not me thinking he should have had convos by now, or trying to say Cousins feels that way. i'm trying to show the member here who does think that, that it doesn't happen that way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vike daddy said:

minor detail you're leaving out....

Your not getting what I’m saying, both partys could be staying hush hush, abt the Vikings potential non-interest in retaining Kirk. there could be  an interest from the Kirk camp to leave that detail out, and talk about everything else. 

6 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Your not getting what I’m saying, both partys could be staying hush hush, abt the Vikings potential non-interest in retaining Kirk. there could be  an interest from the Kirk camp to leave that detail out, and talk about everything else. 

i suppose that COULD be the situation, as you write, but you have absolutely nothing to suggest it IS true. which you do state here:

"I think Vikings have already told Kirk that we’re moving on."

where does that opinion of your some from? who has said anything to support that? what are you  basing that on? that no deal has been made, will not be made, and is intentionally being kept secret?

because keep in mind, Cousins has publicly said talks aren't going to take place until March.

so are you really saying...?

• the Vikes have told Cousins or his agent they won't be coming to terms
  • Cousins knows this as fact
  • he is purposely misleading the media and fans that the conversations just haven't taken place yet

because that's quite a series of progressions to make, based on...?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

i suppose that COULD be the situation 

[…]

• he is purposely misleading the media and fans that the conversations just haven't taken place yet

Just now, CriminalMind said:
1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

i suppose that COULD be the situation 

[…]

Expand  

Messed up with the quotating. 
This is exactly what I’m thinking could be a fair possibility. 

KAM could be seen as acting rational, example ‘we had a contract offer in place in Sept, and once Kirk said no, we decided to start looking at other options, and nothing has changed over the last 6 months. His injury further hurt his cause and negotiating leverage.’

Kirk is seen as acting rational ‘I’m waiting till March to see where I’m going. I’m not going to eliminate Minny because I want other teams to think Minny is still pretty viable. Plus I don’t want it to become public knowledge that Minny is moving off of me and that’s Minny decision. Hurts me in free agency negotiating with other teams.’

Some non official (& official) media members have speculated this could be the case too, in the absence of publicly released information. You just have to look for it. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Some non official (& official) media members have speculated this could be the case too, in the absence of publicly released information. You just have to look for it. 

this reminds me of one of my grandmothers, my dad's mom...

she was a pretty healthy old bird and lived in to her early 90's, but to hear her talk she was the most unhealthy person out there. insisting that she was sick with something, she'd go from doctor to doctor who all gave her a clean bill of health until she could find one that would passively agree, and would consent to having some tests run. now she felt vindicated that she truly was sick.

she just had to look for it.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

she was a pretty healthy old bird and lived in to her early 90's, but to hear her talk she was the most unhealthy person out there. insisting that she was sick with something, she'd go from doctor to doctor until she could find one that would passively agreed, and would consent to having some tests run. now she felt vindicated that she truly was sick.

It’s really not that hard to find. These individuals have been quoted on this board many times by multiple users for their information/speculation. 

Edited by CriminalMind

10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

she was a pretty healthy old bird and lived in to her early 90's, but to hear her talk she was the most unhealthy person out there. insisting that she was sick with something, she'd go from doctor to doctor who all gave her a clean bill of health until she could find one that would passively agree, and would consent to having some tests run. now she felt vindicated that she truly was sick.

By chance did she go by Vike Grammy? lol