Kirk Cousins ends run with Vikings, signs with ATL (p.36)

vike daddy

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

don't the Broncos still have to pay the balance of his contract, and he ends up still making 35 million or something?

Correct. 

The Broncos still have to pay Wilson his $39M salary. Anything he signs for offsets that price. So, unless someone gives him more than $39M, he’s making $39M. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Correct. 

The Broncos still have to pay Wilson his $39M salary. Anything he signs for offsets that price. So, unless someone gives him more than $39M, he’s making $39M. 

right. so it's not like "he's signing only for 1.5 mil" somewhere. he still makes his guaranteed amount, and gets to stick it to Denver for a heck of a lot of cash.

that does make him desirable, financially at least, to other teams.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Correct. 

I have been thinking a contract with balloon payments on a multi-year seems like the most logical if he can get that, and he will likely ask for that, at least initially.

Example Watsons contract:

Base amounts $400k/$1M/$46M/$46M/$46M

(Then perhaps the new team only pays the low amount in the 1st year, but they are attached to Rus in some futures years at a higher amount guaranteed)

Edited by CriminalMind

Sure you can sign him to a multi year contract but I doubt there would be any guarantees into a 2nd year. Russell can want whatever he wants but he is going to have to accept what teams offer him.

I don't see any teams looking at Russel as a long term option and more so see him as a bridge QB.

• Like 2

As many of us said, that last deal Kirk signed will look like a bargain by the end....

Wilson, as most of my Seahawks friends will remind you, lost the clubhouse is Seattle. Nothing is his fault. Everyone else is wrong. He's got issues for sure. 

• Like 1

It was my responsibility while working on the agent side to create target or asking prices for the firm's clients headed toward free agency regardless of whether I was the lead agent. In that spirit, I have set target prices with total contract value, overall guarantees and amount fully guaranteed at signing for 10 intriguing offensive players who will be unrestricted free agents or were designated as franchise players.

Kirk Cousins MIN • QB • #8

Contract package: $125 million/three years ($41,666,667 per year, worth up to $131 million with incentives)

Overall guarantees: $85 million

Fully guaranteed at signing: $85 million

Adjusting Cousins' soon-to-be-expiring one-year contract extension worth $35 million he signed with the Minnesota Vikings in 2022 for salary cap inflation would put him just below $43 million per year. Asking for slightly under this mark accounts for the season-ending torn right Achilles injury Cousins suffered in a Week 8 contest against the Green Bay Packers when he was arguably playing the best football of his 12-year NFL career.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-breaking-down-target-prices-for-10-intriguing-offensive-players-with-expiring-contracts/

Some of the rumors or smoke coming out lately has me starting to think that maybe Cousins doesn't truly want to pack up and move to Atlanta. He may have just been playing all his cards and the Vikings have called his bluff.

One way or another im anxious to end this QB saga in the coming days and know the general direction for 2024 and into the future. 

8 hours ago, swede700 said:

Do I know him personally?  Absolutely not.  But his track record speaks for itself.  Like Stefon once famously said on Twitter, there's truth to all rumors. 

I heard a rumor that Jennifer Lawrence is interested in Vike Daddy. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d rather re-sign Hunter and get aggressive in the draft for a QB. 

I’m just ready to turn the page. 

Yep I’d give Hunter A $25M per 3 year deal without a no trade clause and go play with a rookie QB. 

Edited by CriminalMind
  • Like 1