Week 17 Other Games GDT

SteelKing728

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

We need help. Who wants to help us?

I’d rather not seek help, if we need help we should just stay out of the race. Having to back in because you aren’t actually winning games in December is the worst way to make the playoffs and you can’t even say they are creating a winning culture by doing so. They could have beat Chicago, Cincinnati or Detroit down the stretch and they didnt.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I’d rather not seek help, if we need help we should just stay out of the race. Having to back in because you aren’t actually winning games in December is the worst way to make the playoffs and you can’t even say they are creating a winning culture by doing so. They could have beat Chicago, Cincinnati or Detroit down the stretch and they didnt.

The 1987 team that reached the NFC title game "backed" into the playoffs, losing 3 out of their final 4 regular season games and needed the help the final week to even make it as the final seed. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Detroit blew the game, the refs blew the game, and Dallas tried to blow the game. 

So what exactly happened? Did a6th lineman come in and they called one of the starters eligible? Or a one of the starters supposed to be eligible which confused the refs?

4 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I know that.  But what was about the play the coaches went over it with the ref before hand?

The coaches informed the officials of their formations that will have a declared eligible receiver. Which is standard. 

So the fact that the officials announced the wrong player as eligible just makes the whole situation worse. 

• Like 2

A lot of bad calls can be excused to an extent because things are moving so fast and its hard to get it right this happened between plays which makes it really bad. 

Could the lions have called time out if they noticed he said the wrong number to get it straitened out or were they put of time outs?

Wouldn't an extra point have tied it? I don't get going for 2 once they got pushed back