Week 17: VIKINGS (7-8) vs Packers (7-8)

swede700

13 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It was bound to happen.  I think next season KOC is going to have to commit himself to run the ball better, even though it's against his instincts.

I am not sure that KOC is very interested in a running game.  He talks about how important it is in interviews, but it's not in his DNA. Even when playing with a lead he calls pass plays.  A one dimensional offense is much easier to defend...but, it seems as if O'Connell just doesn't get it.

Just now, Nzd07 said:

This team is injured to hell, and we smoked this same GB team when we were healthier earlier in the season. Quit overreacting.

Any giving Sunday. We need to soon pay CD, TJ, JJ and try to retain Hunter and Kirk. And If we move up for a QB next draft, give up a fair bit of capital. Need help at LB, Edge, Defensive Tackle and probably Guard. Plus RB. Would need a home run in the draft to be a contender.

4 minutes ago, Scottish_Viking said:

Any giving Sunday. We need to soon pay CD, TJ, JJ and try to retain Hunter and Kirk. And If we move up for a QB next draft, give up a fair bit of capital. Need help at LB, Edge, Defensive Tackle and probably Guard. Plus RB. Would need a home run in the draft to be a contender.

It's almost like losing a top 10 QB makes your team look worse than it actually is.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Nzd07 said:

It's almost like losing a top 10 QB makes your team look worse than it actually is.

And he isn't guaranteed to be back next year. Obviously this team on the field isn't the real team. But if we can't bring Kirk back next year and can't draft well at QB, then tonight is next season in its entirety.

1 minute ago, Scottish_Viking said:

And he isn't guaranteed to be back next year. Obviously this team on the field isn't the real team. But if we can't bring Kirk back next year and can't draft well at QB, then tonight is next season in its entirety.

Ultimately, I feel pretty confident in thinking that they'll work it out with Kirk and he'll be back.  I feel less confident about someone like Danielle being back. It is critical that they draft the right QB, however.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

Ultimately, I feel pretty confident in thinking that they'll work it out with Kirk and he'll be back.  I feel less confident about someone like Danielle being back. It is critical that they draft the right QB, however.

Hall looking poor has really thrown a wrench in things, unfortunately. We probably need to grab someone in the 1st or 2nd. Luckily, this is a QB rich draft, so some guys will probably fall that would go higher under normal circumstances.

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Then we would be shot at DE, plus needing a DT, plus all the other needs. And even with Kirk back we need to draft a QB eventually. Unless we are in the matrix and bring in A Rod to throw to number 18 like Favre once did. Full circle and all that.

Edited by Scottish_Viking

1 minute ago, Nzd07 said:

Hall looking poor has really thrown a wrench in things, unfortunately. We probably need to grab someone in the 1st or 2nd. Luckily, this is a QB rich draft, so some guys will probably fall that would go higher under normal circumstances.

I don't think you can judge Hall yet.  I think it's just still going too fast for him as he was holding onto the ball too long.  I still think he can be a solid backup, but he's not there yet.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Scottish_Viking said:

But if we can't bring Kirk back next year and can't draft well at QB, then tonight is next season in its entirety.

I don't know about that.  The Vikings have not had but 2 or 3 really bad seasons for the whole history of the franchise.  Tonight, the Vikings are playing as bad as I have ever seen them, and my fandom goes back to 1968.  I can't imagine them being this bad over 17 games.  Maybe they are over due for a stinker of a season.  But, I don't think it will happen.

53 minutes ago, Scottish_Viking said:

Or take 33 to go to a contender?. The guy is a winner it's all he cares about.

you're just making this up. you write as if you have personal contact with him and know his mind, and you do not.

• Like 2