Week 17: VIKINGS (7-8) vs Packers (7-8)

swede700

2 hours ago, Morlee said:

Why Daniels? 

I've heard rumours that KOC and Kwesi like Daniels' assets, and Williams and Maye will likely be out of their reach (grabbed with the top 2 picks).  Daniels should be the 3rd QB (maybe available somewhere between picks 6-10?  Those picks would be possible to grab in a move-up from where The Vikings will land after their loss to The Lions next week, who will play their best players to grab their best seeding possible (2nd in The NFC?).  And they should be very angry, and "out for blood", from being "cheated out of a win" yesterday by the refs who didn't pay any attention to the player who was wrongly penalised for not reporting as eligible on the 2-point extra point, when he clearly went over to the officials and was saying something to them before the play.  I can't see Mullens leading The banged-up and injury-ravaged Vikings to a win against them.  After that loss, they could  end up with picks #8 or 9, and only have to move up a few picks to snag him, if things go well.  If he's out of reach, they could go for Michael Penix. 

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Just watched the replay.

This team, without Kirk Cousins, sucks. 

The defense was smoke and mirrors, and teams have figured it out. They need talent.

At least all the Hall talk can stop. 

Was the defense ever any good? Were they just overrated because we wanted them to desperately be good to pull for Flores? it seems against decent offenses they really struggled. Hard to get excited about shutting down the Bears and Raiders. I agree, the talent level is severely lacking and Flores can’t scheme it up to the point of hiding those flaws against good teams. Maybe he’s not the defensive guru thought to be. I know much has been made about how much he blitzes, curious if it matters much at the end of the day. What the pass rush success rate on this team and how much did the pass rush just simply benefit from having two good edge players in Hunter and Wonnum?

Looking at the defense, the CB group needs to be completely overhauled. Maybe keep Murphy but I don’t know if Evans and Blackmon should be starting. Safeties probably need to be looked at too. Harrison Smith needs to be replaced. Is it better to move Mettelus into that role or keep him where’s he at and grab a new Safety; if only they had a talented first round pick who could just slide into a starting spot.

LBs are probably fine with Pace and Hicks. DL needs some impact players too and they have to bring back Hunter. I’m fine moving on from Wonnum and giving more reps to Jones, depth will be needed though. 

Probably looking at edge or CB with that first round pick unless they go QB.

Edited by vikingsrule

13 hours ago, Nzd07 said:

Besides Brady, name me one NFL player who took less money to go to a contender. I'll wait.

To be fair, Kirk took less to come here over going to the Jets. Not that I blame him, I would have done the same thing...

• Like 2

Not much to say that hasn't already been said, what an embarrassing loss. Frustrating how often these blowouts seem to happen on the national stage. Sure would be great to be a Ravens fan this year with all of the dominating performances they've had, I'll be pulling for them in the playoffs.

I don't envy the hand KOC was dealt this year with all of the injuries and QB carousel. Regroup and reload for 2024. #SKOL

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Not much to say that hasn't already been said, what an embarrassing loss. Frustrating how often these blowouts seem to happen on the national stage. Sure would be great to be a Ravens fan this year with all of the dominating performances they've had, I'll be pulling for them in the playoffs.

I don't envy the hand KOC was dealt this year with all of the injuries and QB carousel. Regroup and reload for 2024. #SKOL

I'll be pulling for the Browns.  My wife was born in Cleveland and she and her whole family are Browns fans.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Even as a Packer fan, the Vikings have done an admirable job rebounding from the Kirk Cousins' injury.  Other than last night, the Vikings have been competitive in every single game.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Captain Relax said:

I'll be pulling for the Browns.  My wife was born in Cleveland and she and her whole family are Browns fans.

If there's a team that would win their first Super Bowl instead of the Vikings, for me, it would definitely be the Browns over the Lions.  I'm glad that the Lions won the division and are having some success, but I don't want them getting to and winning a Super Bowl before the Vikings do. At least with the Browns, we have some attachment with Stefanski. 

• Like 3

On 12/31/2023 at 10:32 PM, vikingsrule said:

Seems the defense was vastly overrated. Didn’t really have an answer for playoff caliber teams at the end of the day. 

I wouldn't say they were overrated, I'd just say that, for a good portion of the season, they were playing better than their talent level would have suggested.  Once the gaps were found in the scheme (which there always are), they began to get exploited.  But, I still think a lot of their trouble vs. the Packers was because a lot of the defensive players were just flat-out tired and the young secondary got massively exploited and were out of position.

On 12/31/2023 at 10:23 PM, Captain Relax said:

Collinsworth needs to retire and play golf...he's such an idiot.  He's worse than Romo. 

I think he's gotten to the point that he's so far removed from when he was playing that he just doesn't get it any longer.  He was one of my earliest favorite players from other teams (I've always had a soft spot for the Bengals), but he's not very good as an analyst any longer.  His slobbering over Jordan Love just drove me nuts...even when he was just lobbing up punts that miraculously got caught because the Vikings' defenders were so out of position that they weren't even in the zip code of the receiver.  I could have made those passes. 

• Like 2