Week 17: VIKINGS (7-8) vs Packers (7-8)

swede700

2 minutes ago, Scottish_Viking said:

Then we would be shot at DE, plus needing a DT, plus all the other needs. And even with Kirk back we need to draft a QB eventually. Unless we are in the matrix and bring in A Rod to throw to number 18 like Favre once did. Full circle and all that.

The defense was never going to be a 1 or 2 off-season fix.  Zimmer's failures of developing guys like Watts and Jaleel Johnson are why we see what we see now.  Hopefully, they can bring back Wonnum on a lesser deal 

2 minutes ago, Scottish_Viking said:

And he isn't guaranteed to be back next year. Obviously this team on the field isn't the real team. But if we can't bring Kirk back next year and can't draft well at QB, then tonight is next season in its entirety.

No, it wouldn't be as bad as tonight, because they would sign Minshew as a placeholder, and choose the 4th QB in the draft, if they somehow can't trade up all the way up to the get the 3rd (Daniels).  But Quesi is aggressive, and I think KOC will want Daniels over Penix.  With their jobs on the line, I think they'll do whatever it takes to get Daniels.

12 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

you're just making this up. you write as if you have personal contact with him and know his mind, and you do not.

😂, it's my opinion, we all have them. It is a public forum after all. I will stand by it though If we can't secur Kirk or draft well in regards to QB then JJ will be gone, as other teams will be happy to pay him. And he is of the quality that he will have his pick of the teams.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Not a good night for the defense...what an understatement by Collinsworth.

Seems the defense was vastly overrated. Didn’t really have an answer for playoff caliber teams at the end of the day. 

4 hours ago, Robb_K said:

No, it wouldn't be as bad as tonight, because they would sign Minshew as a placeholder, and choose the 4th QB in the draft, if they somehow can't trade up all the way up to the get the 3rd (Daniels).  But Quesi is aggressive, and I think KOC will want Daniels over Penix.  With their jobs on the line, I think they'll do whatever it takes to get Daniels.

Why Daniels?