Ravens/Steelers 5 up and 5 down

Livewire

UP:

1. Killer B's - Ben, Bell, Brown, and Boswell all had a phenomenal game. What more can you saw about those guys? A great performance for them.

2. The tight ends - Jesse James had 10 catches for 97 yards and caught a huge third down and long pass on the game winning drive. Vance McDonald showed that he can be a nice weapon when he is on the field. Unfortunately he got hurt (again) and didn't come back. These two really stepped up with JuJu not playing.

3. Resiliency - Even though they trailed by 11 going into the fourth quarter you didn't see any panic on the team. Even when the Ravens went up by 9 with under 7 minutes to go they kept battling. Truly a great comeback.

4. Third down conversions - Against a very good defense the offense managed to convert and astonishing 12/18 third down conversions including a couple on the GW FG drive.

5. Zero turnovers - The Ravens have an opportunistic defense that feasts on turnovers. However, the Steelers didn't cough it up once. Great job on protecting the ball.

DOWN:

1. Sean Davis - After an interception on the Ravens first drive he managed to have an abysmal performance. He led the team in tackles but was far more noticeable in his mistakes.

2. Awful coaching on second and third down on the last drive - Just imagine, if you will, if the Ravens somehow got into FG range and won it. It would have been sickening. It made NO sense to attempt one let alone two passes there. It reminded me of the Super Bowl when the Falcons were in FG range only to blow it. Why do coaches try to outsmart everyone instead of making the logical decisions? If they would have lost this would have been unforgiveable.

3. Officiating - What the hell was that? I don't like to get on the officials but they were awful for both teams. I still don't understand the Burns DPI when he hardly touched but not only that the ball was five yards out of bounds. I find it funny when the haters always cry about the refs always favor the Steelers. Yeah, right.

4. Second half start - The offense was stagnant for the third quarter. Thankfully they woke up in the fourth.

5. Run defense/tackling - Really bad night. The Ravens ran for 152 yards and averaged 5.8 per rush. Plus once again the Steelers have trouble making tackles. This has been going on for years now.

i thought the much maligned mike mitchell came up pretty clutch last night, especially late in the game - he wasn't much worse than the rest of the defense in regards to the missing tackles and such but he had the near interception on the burns DPI (which would have been rubbed out but saved a touchdown) and got that holding penalty on the run stuff that we declined but that was just so perfect execution and then allowed watt to storm the backfield 

47 minutes ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

UP:  Killer Bs and JJ Watt on the game-ending strip-sack

DOWN:  Sean Davis, slow as hell MLB with their pathetic run support, and the refs

TJ Watt* ?

Up

1. What can Brown do for you? Honestly don’t understand why the Ravens put Carr 1 on 1 on the outside in a critical situation. That was horrible play calling, especially considering they had already been burned doing that.

2. Somehow making a comeback win. Props for that because it looked pretty Ugly for a while there. 

3. Strong showing to start the game, nice to see a strong start instead of falling behind 2 scores. 

4. Boswell is gold. 

5. Hubbard I thought did good. He made Bells TD run happen 

HM: Nix TD catch

Down

1. I’m still furious with the play call that allowed the Ravens pretty decent chance to kick a game winner(especially with Justin Tucker, guy’s a beast.

2. Refs were awful all the way around. Although it’s to the point anymore that it’s not even worth mentioning.

3. Sean Davis was just horrendous. By far the worst player on the field. Only thing he could have done worst I feel is drop that INT.

4. Defense is reeling. Losing Haden hurt, losing Shazier completely crippled them. Although Shazier wouldn’t of helped with the biggest problem our defense has outside of injuries and that is tackling. You could tie all our DB’s and Linebackers hands behind their backs and it wouldn’t make a difference in their ability to tackle.

5. Bryant was about to get lynched.

HM: Tuitt and Heyward were very quite.

17 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

TJ Watt* ?

Up

1. What can Brown do for you? Honestly don’t understand why the Ravens put Carr 1 on 1 on the outside in a critical situation. That was horrible play calling, especially considering they had already been burned doing that.

2. Somehow making a comeback win. Props for that because it looked pretty Ugly for a while there. 

3. Strong showing to start the game, nice to see a strong start instead of falling behind 2 scores. 

4. Boswell is gold. 

5. Hubbard I thought did good. He made Bells TD run happen 

HM: Nix TD catch

Down

1. I’m still furious with the play call that allowed the Ravens pretty decent chance to kick a game winner(especially with Justin Tucker, guy’s a beast.

2. Refs were awful all the way around. Although it’s to the point anymore that it’s not even worth mentioning.

3. Sean Davis was just horrendous. By far the worst player on the field. Only thing he could have done worst I feel is drop that INT.

4. Defense is reeling. Losing Haden hurt, losing Shazier completely crippled them. Although Shazier wouldn’t of helped with the biggest problem our defense has outside of injuries and that is tackling. You could tie all our DB’s and Linebackers hands behind their backs and it wouldn’t make a difference in their ability to tackle.

5. Bryant was about to get lynched.

HM: Tuitt and Heyward were very quite.

Great post.  I think Shazier would've made a big different in run support because you could see the ILBs were way too damn slow to get over there and stuff the run.  He would've at least made contact and slowed him down, if he didn't wrap up and get him to the ground himself.  Shazier = best player, and most valuable/important player on that defense by a mile in my book.  

2 hours ago, Neumatic said:

I'd almost rather have Gay in that spot. He's a solid tackler and you know he'll stick his nose in there and his coverage can't be much worse. 

19 hours ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

2. Awful coaching on second and third down on the last drive - Just imagine, if you will, if the Ravens somehow got into FG range and won it. It would have been sickening. It made NO sense to attempt one let alone two passes there. It reminded me of the Super Bowl when the Falcons were in FG range only to blow it. Why do coaches try to outsmart everyone instead of making the logical decisions? If they would have lost this would have been unforgiveable.

I don't understand why they didn't run it twice, even for 0 yards. Ravens had 1 timeout and 56 seconds left. You run it and take maybe 4 to 8 seconds off the clock and then its third down, no Timeouts for the ravens, with maybe 52ish to 48ish seconds left. You run one more time and run the clock down to about 10 seconds and call timeout, then kick the field goal, giving the ravens about 10 seconds with no Timeouts to essentially try one single 75 yard play, or one mid field play to the sidelines. And you still have a timeout left if things get out of hand somehow.

37 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I get it. They wanted to see if they could advance and possibly score a touchdown forcing the Ravens to have to get a TD (opening up more mistakes both ways) as opposed to giving them the chance to get a FG to win. 

But if it went how I said it they practically have to get a TD anyway.

Archived