2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

watching NFLN right now.. well, it's on and I glance up every now and again.

Just saw that DJ Moore just made it up to #  2 on MIke Mayock's WR rankings. 

just found the whole list of top 5s

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000920805/article/mike-mayocks-2018-nfl-draft-position-rankings-20

I like a lot of these early WRs, and think maybe SF is better off going with a cheap rookie, at this point. 

17 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000920805/article/mike-mayocks-2018-nfl-draft-position-rankings-20

I like a lot of these early WRs, and think maybe SF is better off going with a cheap rookie, at this point. 

Huge rise for Moore. And, yes, I just said a little while back that really good veteran receivers are overly expensive and we should just go ahead and use a high pick on one this year or next.  Doesn't have to be our first, but something higher than the comp 5th we spent on Taylor.

Nice to see Penny hit Mayock's top 5 RBs.  I'd really like for us to pick him up, but I had third round in mind. Don't think he'll be there then. Surprised to still see Orlando Brown in the top 5 after arguably the worst combine performance of all time. Also Davenport one spot ahead of Landry and Edmunds one spot ahead of Smith.  Think it might come down to one of those two guys.

My only thoughts on the draft is, do you think there's anyone that is honestly willing to trade with us? I know Buffalo is creeping closer, but rumor is they are trying to trade into the top 5. I don't know if there is anyone else. I'm assuming someone is going to try and jump someone to get Lamar, I just doubt it will be around us (maybe NO, Ariz, or Pitt)? It'll be interesting leading up to the draft. I just don't think theres a clear cut person we may take either, Edmunds, Landry, Derwin James, Ridley, or someone out of left field? 

16 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Huge rise for Moore. And, yes, I just said a little while back that really good veteran receivers are overly expensive and we should just go ahead and use a high pick on one this year or next.  Doesn't have to be our first, but something higher than the comp 5th we spent on Taylor.

Nice to see Penny hit Mayock's top 5 RBs.  I'd really like for us to pick him up, but I had third round in mind. Don't think he'll be there then. Surprised to still see Orlando Brown in the top 5 after arguably the worst combine performance of all time. Also Davenport one spot ahead of Landry and Edmunds one spot ahead of Smith.  Think it might come down to one of those two guys.

I would like to get Penny! I don't like Davenport so much, he's really raw from my understanding and of course didn't play against great competition. 

34 minutes ago, StevenK said:

My only thoughts on the draft is, do you think there's anyone that is honestly willing to trade with us? I know Buffalo is creeping closer, but rumor is they are trying to trade into the top 5. I don't know if there is anyone else. I'm assuming someone is going to try and jump someone to get Lamar, I just doubt it will be around us (maybe NO, Ariz, or Pitt)? It'll be interesting leading up to the draft. I just don't think theres a clear cut person we may take either, Edmunds, Landry, Derwin James, Ridley, or someone out of left field? 

I read so many convoluted trade possibilities... I try not to tangle my brain into possible trades. QBs, EDGE guy, you just never can tell how badly a F/O wants a particular player enough... and is willing to jump ahead of a team they think is targeting him right after our spot. So there's always a fair shot at getting that trade back for SF.. but to predict it? eh... 

Saw a really interesting mock today. They had Cleveland taking Chubb with the first pick and Darnold with the 4th (after the Giants took Barkley and Buffalo moved up to 3 to take Allen). How rare is it for one team to get arguable the best QB and the best pass rusher in the same draft! Anyway, then Rosen and Mayfield went. Fitzpatrick at 7 and Ward at 8.  That gave us Nelson at 9. Nice for us - and nice if you're a Browns fan.

8 hours ago, oldman9er said:

DJ Moore is the #1 WR in this class to me. He absolutely dominated last year. He "only" had 1033 receiving yards but then you look at the fact that the Terps threw for 1940 passing yards on the year and that tells a different story. That's an absurd 53% market share for him. That paired with his age (21 - he's 2 years younger than Ridley and 2.5 younger than Ateman) and explosive athleticism (137 Sparq - 97 percentile) show me he's got an incredibly bright future.

Hop on board the DJ Moore hype train before it fills up!

34 minutes ago, DirtyJersey9er said:

I have a feeling Buffalo may trade with the Colts now.  If that happens and Chubb drops below 5 we need to trade up.

Ooh that sounds good! I wonder who we would have to trade with or jump. 

46 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Ooh that sounds good! I wonder who we would have to trade with or jump. 

So Cleveland is almost a lock to get a QB and trade the other pick to a QB needy team or get Saquan.  Giants will likely go QB.  Colts are actually a decent trade down option for a QB needy team as well.  I think if Cleveland goes QB at 1 the Colts get Barkley.  In that scenario Broncos probably take Nelson and Jets also go QB.  So let's say 6 or 7 if that goes down? 

4 minutes ago, DirtyJersey9er said:

So Cleveland is almost a lock to get a QB and trade the other pick to a QB needy team or get Saquan.  Giants will likely go QB.  Colts are actually a decent trade down option for a QB needy team as well.  I think if Cleveland goes QB at 1 the Colts get Barkley.  In that scenario Broncos probably take Nelson and Jets also go QB.  So let's say 6 or 7 if that goes down? 

That’s not that big of a jump either, I like it. 

Archived