2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

Would love to trade back with Buffalo. Maybe even use the later pick to get a future first rounder next year if no great value is there. I like how the defense is taking shape and even though you build a team from the center out, I'd like to position ourselves for a WR upgrade. Maybe I'm overestimating the Bengals foresight but With trades becoming more common and another sub par season,  I'd love to position ourselves to make a midseason acquisition of AJ Green. He's that special kind of WR I could see available that is in his prime, can do everything and worth a big trade. Probably a pipe dream but I think it's a realistic possibility that I'd like to be prepared for. 

Why is everyone so sure Buffalo is content with #9 overall? They clearly have their sights on a QB and have enough ammunition to move into the top 5 if they want. Not sure why everyone assumes they would make for an easy trade partner. Only if they have to 'settle' for a top 9 pick. 

More and more, I think the guy is going to be Harold Landry. It's a valued position that we couldn't address in Free Agency. He tested well for composite athletic ability at the combine. He had a comparable number of sacks over two years to Bradley Chubb, even with missing time. He has solid counter rush moves. He adds a speed rush to the defensive line that we do not have currently. Most importantly, the LEO position is the force multiplier on the front that we were lacking last year, because it allows Solomon inside on passing downs, adding significant value at two positions on passing downs simultaneously. Marsh would be the Dumervil role, coming on as the pass rusher on the other side on pass rush downs. 

I love Fitzpatrick as a player, but Adrian Colbert plays the exact same style and position as Minkah. They are almost identical in terms of size and speed (I believe Minkah is one inch taller), and both best suited to the role of single high safety. I'm all for drafting BPA for a young team that is still trying to find its way, but that just seems like a waste. I think the team struck gold with Colbert, and it seems like a terrible move at this point to spend a 1st round pick on a guy who would be looking to take his job. Colbert got praised up and down by the coaching staff and front office for his professionalism, and his play when he came in as a starter last season. What kind of signal would it send to drop a top ten pick on his replacement?

I hope Fitzpatrick gets taken before the 9th pick because I think that out of all the top prospects in the draft, he is probably the single worst "need" fit for the 49ers.

15 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

According to 49ers expert Colin Cowherd, we really like Denzel Ward!

I just don't see it with the long big corners we have. I can't see us drafting a short corner in the top 10. Idk where Colin gets his info from ether. Lol 

Archived