2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

13 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Un-uh! No way! Mayfield is in no way Manziel. He is intense, but he is not Manziel. That comparison really gets my goat. >:(  Do you hear any of his team mates or his head coach bad mouth him? Nope. 

Love the Groundhog Day clip. One of Murray's best movies, IMO.

I have to agree with this... Manziel was always a disaster waiting to happen, I don't think so with Mayfield. That rose bowl was an all time great game.

4 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Daniel Jeremiah's latest mock has the Browns taking Fitzpattrick at 4 and .... has Nelson dropping to us at 9.

I have a really hard time believing Nelson drops past Chicago. They signed the ND O-line coach. 

10 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Anyone have an estimate of what kind of draft pick we could get for Garnett?

guess would be 5th at best... and it would be a team in need (duh) + a F/O that loved him as a prospect, and has the hubris to think he could do more with him

10 minutes ago, John232 said:

I have a really hard time believing Nelson drops past Chicago. They signed the ND O-line coach. 

I don't think he makes it past tampa either. And I wonder if the Jets/ Denver go QB in the first round, both of whom could use him. If I were the Broncos and Jets, I'd still go quarterback, but you just never know. 

The good thing is, there are a lot of guys in play for each of those - the Bears, if they don't get Fuller back, could easily go Ward / Fitzpatrick / James. So could Tampa. 

4 QBs plus Chubb and Barkley.  That makes 6 for sure. We need two teams to either love other guys more than  Nelson or simply have really good guards and really bad d-backs.  Fitzpatrick, Ward and James are each guys that some teams might want more than Nelson. But we need for two teams picking ahead of us to feel that way.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh, and the bears could also easily go Edmunds. Forgot to add him in there. 

Oh, yeah. Should have included him in the list of guys that teams might take ahead of Nelson. So that makes 4 in total. We need for two of those 4 to go in the top 8.

Joe Thomas just announced his retirement.  Maybe the Brows will get overly nervous about their ability to get better without a good LT and start falling in love with Connor Williams or Mike McGlinchey at 4.  OIld Browns managment would at least consider it; I doubt these new guys in charge will.

3 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Joe Thomas just announced his retirement.  Maybe the Brows will get overly nervous about their ability to get better without a good LT and start falling in love with Connor Williams or Mike McGlinchey at 4.  OIld Browns managment would at least consider it; I doubt these new guys in charge will.

If they do, it's terrible. With how short his arms are, I'm not even sure if Williams is a tackle at the next level, and McGlinchey has a good shot to be there at the first pick in round 2 I think. 

32 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Oh, yeah. Should have included him in the list of guys that teams might take ahead of Nelson. So that makes 4 in total. We need for two of those 4 to go in the top 8.

FWIW I just looked more closely at Jeremiah's latest mock.  He not only has Fitzpatrick going at 4, he has BOTH James and Ward going in the top 8 leaving us Nelson at 9.

Archived