2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

I think the WR question is always an interesting one. James Washington is winning me over, that dude can flat out ball. His body is being picked apart way too much. He's 5'11" 210 with 34" arms (the same as Marcus Davenport who's 6'6). He's a potential #1 receiver in a class where there are very few. Right now I have the WR class ranked: 

1. James Washington
  2. Anthony Miller
  3. Simmie Cobbs
  4. Michael Gallup
  5. DJ Moore

I'm low on Ridley and Sutton. They have potential but I just think they've been overrated as surefire #1 options, they aren't. Ridley creates separation well and seems very polished but his hands are iffy at times, athletically he's average, and doesn't have elite measurables. Sutton can't create separation and has inconsistent hands too but worse is that he body catches a lot and that's a trait I hate.  

Lazard has been disappointing at the SB and It might be time I leave his bandwagon. @Forge could be right he's just too slow, a switch to TE like Seals-Jones might be the best thing for him. Lazard has some mean blocking in him. 

RANK

50 kerryon-johnson-180122-200x200.jpg

Kerryon Johnson, RB, Auburn

Johnson is a very productive back. He has outstanding patience, vision and stop/start quickness. He lets his blocks develop before using a very slick jump-cut and bursting through the line of scrimmage. His running style is very reminiscent of Le'Veon Bell's.

Funny, I said something similar the other day. Where's my paycheque, NFL Network?!

6 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Lazard has been disappointing at the SB and It might be time I leave his bandwagon. @Forge could be right he's just too slow, a switch to TE like Seals-Jones might be the best thing for him. Lazard has some mean blocking in him. 

Lazard will be fine at WR. Same things were said about Devin Funchess and Kelvin Benjamin. Both have been decent wr so far...with room to still grow. I think he'll be somewhere between Funchess and Benjamin. 

1 hour ago, sherm said:

Lazard will be fine at WR. Same things were said about Devin Funchess and Kelvin Benjamin. Both have been decent wr so far...with room to still grow. I think he'll be somewhere between Funchess and Benjamin. 

I can see it but it's going to take the right scheme and time to develop...

7 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I think the WR question is always an interesting one. James Washington is winning me over, that dude can flat out ball. His body is being picked apart way too much. He's 5'11" 210 with 34" arms (the same as Marcus Davenport who's 6'6). He's a potential #1 receiver in a class where there are very few. Right now I have the WR class ranked: 

1. James Washington
  2. Anthony Miller
  3. Simmie Cobbs
  4. Michael Gallup
  5. DJ Moore

I'm low on Ridley and Sutton. They have potential but I just think they've been overrated as surefire #1 options, they aren't. Ridley creates separation well and seems very polished but his hands are iffy at times, athletically he's average, and doesn't have elite measurables. Sutton can't create separation and has inconsistent hands too but worse is that he body catches a lot and that's a trait I hate.  

Washington was measured at 5'10". :)

12 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

xD True!

Not a fan of Washington. Yes, I know, I am a Sooner homer so I should not chime in on any Pokes from Okla St.

Hey the rivals perspective is one of my favorite to listen to. I didnt watch as much big 12 as I wanted to this year, I mostly stuck with Pac12, SEC, and top 25 teams. 

Archived