Cornerbacks

MKnight82

21 hours ago, Slateman said:

That's us.

And Breeland isn't a number 1

Maybe Bree wouldn’t be our #1, maybe it’s Fuller but moving on from Norman saves us $ and we can add two players and re-sign Breeland for what Norman costs. 3 good defenders is better than playing 1 defender elite $ who isn’t playing like one.

Fuller has been our best corner all year. He’s the only one of them that makes game changing or sealing ints and he has the potential to get better. Moreau and Fuller both actually have first round talent, that’s why we drafted them.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

He’s been average this year. Fuller has been our best corner, and Moreau has a lot of potential.

Slow down. Fuller's limited snaps and assignments have a lot to do with his success. He's been good, but he's not even a #2 yet. 

1 hour ago, footy_29 said:

Slow down. Fuller's limited snaps and assignments have a lot to do with his success. He's been good, but he's not even a #2 yet. 

Agree with this. We're jumping rather quickly on Fuller. We did the same thing with Breeland. I don't think Fuller is going to be ready to go from covering 3/4 receivers to number 1s. It's also clear

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He’s been average this year. Fuller has been our best corner, and Moreau has a lot of potential.

Why not re-sign the younger Breeland if he and Norman are grading out about the same and trade Norman or make him a June 1st cut and use the $10 million saved on a great NT or ILB to go next to Brown?

Norman’s been playing with broken ribs.  Breeland got benched this week.

Honestly I would like to trade norman and get something for him. I would take a 2nd. With that being said I wouldn’t resign Breeland either. I want to see the young bucks grow. But..... I wouldn’t mind getting fullers brother from the bears. He hasn’t had the type of season he had when he came into the league and we could get him for a cheap price IMO.

resign Dunbar for cheap and roll with Fuller, Fuller, Moreau, Dunbar, Holsey 

Might be tough to trade Norman but not impossible obviously. Another team won't trade for him unless they can sign him meaning the Skins give permission to their trading partner to talk to Norman. He's looking at around $37M salary over the the next 3 years (although none of it guaranteed) with Washington under his current contract so I can't see him taking substantially less with a new team. If you want to cut him - go ahead but there goes your trade. If I'm the other team, I'm low-balling the Skins (ie a 3rd at best) and if Washington passes wait to see if he gets waived.

I'd look at it as; if Norman were on another team, would you trade a 2nd & pay Josh $35 to $50 million over 3 to 5 years at this point in his career?

15 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Who here willing to give Dunbar a shot as a starter ? 

He shown  flashes and won't cost a lot 

I guess I'd have to ask what you mean by starter. A #1 or #2 CB not so much. Put him as the #3 or maybe try to flex him as a nickle to let Fuller play outside would be interesting. I still like Fuller on the outside - not that he doesn't do well in the nickle spot it's just I think he is better on the outside. Mostly what limits Dunbar's upside is run support playing on the outside.

On 12/13/2017 at 10:17 AM, LoganF89 said:

Honestly I would like to trade norman and get something for him. I would take a 2nd. With that being said I wouldn’t resign Breeland either. I want to see the young bucks grow. But..... I wouldn’t mind getting fullers brother from the bears. He hasn’t had the type of season he had when he came into the league and we could get him for a cheap price IMO.

resign Dunbar for cheap and roll with Fuller, Fuller, Moreau, Dunbar, Holsey 

No one is going to want Norman’s contract. I’d love to trade him to Atlanta but I doubt it happens.

On 12/13/2017 at 9:21 AM, MKnight82 said:

Norman’s been playing with broken ribs.  Breeland got benched this week.

Even before he was dropping ints and getting beat some, especially to the inside because he gives up inside routes a lot. I just don’t think he’s living up to his contract and that’s hurting our ability to sign a better ILB or NT. We’re paying him as much as most teams pay starting QBs who are near pro bowl or are players. I never liked the $ we gave him. Even last year Norman was good, but not elite and we are paying for elite. I still believe he was more of a product of the Carolina defense as a whole. The Carolina D has remained good to great w/o Norman the last 2 years while Norman has been good for us but not great and the defense around him as been below average to poor. 

Anyways, I think all my thoughts are moot because I don’t think Allen will trade or release Norman unless Norman demands it. I just hope he plays better next year and catches some ints when they hit his hands next year and the year after because we really do need him to make game changing plays like Fuller, Swearinger and Nicholson - when healthy- have.

10 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I thought we got the big money years of his contract out the way?

His contract is still high as Mknight said $17 million next year and $15 million in 2019 and 2020 but they aren’t guaranteed as the first two years were guaranteed.

Archived