WE WANT DALLAS (to beat us so we get the 2nd pick). The Week 18 Thread. Rivera's last game.

I’ve said previously in other posts that the only thing I give Ron Rivera credit for is that he gave this team some respectability. Probably other coaches could have done the same but will give him credit for that. 
He’s just too old school and not flexible, especially would not admit there were wrong decisions in personnel made and the way he had his team coached. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Gibbs had two playoff appearances, Shanahan had a division title and Gruden had a division title.  Yes, RIvera has a division title but it was a sub .500 season and during the Covid year.  He had zero winning seasons here as far as record goes.  He’s been as terrible as Spurrier and Zorn.  

I’m just happy it’s over. He came here to work for Snyder when literally nobody wanted it. He tried he didn’t do a good job but he handled it with class. At the least it’s the last piece of a Snyder era and it’s a real shot to move forward

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I’m just happy it’s over. He came here to work for Snyder when literally nobody wanted it. He tried he didn’t do a good job but he handled it with class. At the least it’s the last piece of a Snyder era and it’s a real shot to move forward

I’d even argue the class part this year with how he’s thrown guys under the bus on his way out, but you are right, this is officially the end of the Snyder era.  

• Like 1

This so much reminds me of the Dallas games in 2009, 20013, 2019 & earlier this year. I just do not give a ****.

I’ll continue to hope Howell plays better but we lose & secure the #2 pick.

How about Howell being the first QB since Cousins in 2017, to start every game for us?

That’s quite a feat considering how much punishment Howell has taken this year. 

16 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I’d even argue the class part this year with how he’s thrown guys under the bus on his way out, but you are right, this is officially the end of the Snyder era.  

Rivera had been throwing certain players under the bus for the last 4 years, most people just didn’t care bc they agreed with what he said but, he still shouldn’t have been throwing players under the bus in the media like he has. It creates distrust in your players and issues on the locker room  when that happens.

21 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’ve said previously in other posts that the only thing I give Ron Rivera credit for is that he gave this team some respectability. Probably other coaches could have done the same but will give him credit for that. 
He’s just too old school and not flexible, especially would not admit there were wrong decisions in personnel made and the way he had his team coached. 

I don’t know that he did. We certainly weren’t respect on the field. 

On 1/5/2024 at 11:45 AM, Slappy Mc said:

On a side note, if this team allows 54 points to Dallas this weekend, it will be the worst scoring defense in NFL History. At 480 points allowed (30.0 PPG) we currently are sitting tied with two others for 13th most. 

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/which-nfl-defense-allowed-the-most-points-in-a-single-season

2nd most this season is Arizona at 434 points allowed (27.1)

Just despicable & everyone thought we’d have a top 5 D. If we had a top 5 D like our talent at the beginning of the year said we could have we’d be playing for a playoff game today despite having a first year starter at QB IMO.

Not a good look a coach-centric defensive HC who had entire control of the roster and routinely drafted defensive players high over offensive players.

Edited by turtle28