If your team needed a HC AND GM, would you want Bill Belichick?

General Tso

On 1/4/2024 at 1:08 AM, Xmad said:

If I'm the chargers duck yes.

If I'm anyone else not in win now mode with a competitive roster, nah.

Bill will probably coach till the win record for 75-ish. 

If my choices were between re-tread #1 and re-tread guy with 6 SBs gimme the 6 SBs.

Their roster is extremely overrated. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

No because A). The game has passed him by and B). The passage of time has shown him to be a beneficiary of Tom Brady.

Just because Tom won one with TB doesn't negate all of the Top 8 Defenses Belichick created to aide in every single one of Bradys SB rings , in NE. 

Fact is FQB, let alone the GOAT are hard to replace.  Only a few Franchises have been lucky B2B.

Montana-Young but then what?

Farve-Rodgers guess we'll see?

Aikman?

Peyton?

Brees?

Elway?

Marino?

Although everyone is quick to anoint all high drafted Rookie QB as a "FBQ", it's not always the case. 

Brady-Belicheck is no different the Montana-Walsh. Not saying none of the 4 win without the others but they were the perfect fit together. 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

I haven't really been keeping up with the chatter, but are we even sure Belichick even wants to continue coaching and if so, the GM?

Even if he's willing to just be a HC, though, I'm not sure if I'd be optimistic about hiring him. I'm not one of those haters who think he was just riding Brady's coattails or anything, but I do think the game has perhaps passed him by. If a team feels like it has a competitive roster already (like the Chargers), I could see maybe going for it, but I'd still prefer a younger coach eager to make a name for himself.

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Just because Tom won one with TB doesn't negate all of the Top 8 Defenses Belichick created to aide in every single one of Bradys SB rings , in NE. 

Fact is FQB, let alone the GOAT are hard to replace.  Only a few Franchises have been lucky B2B.

Aikman?

Peyton?

Brees?

Elway?

Marino?

Although everyone is quick to anoint all high drafted Rookie QB as a "FBQ", it's not always the case. 

Brady-Belicheck is no different the Montana-Walsh. Not saying none of the 4 win without the others but they were the perfect fit together. 

Belichick is the most overrated coach in NFL history. His record without Brady is trash. He's lucky he had Brady to bail him out of all his bad drafting decisions, especially at receiver.

6 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Their roster is extremely overrated. 

Meh top 10 starting QB, decent foundation on offense and a pair of solid pass rushers there's a core to work with.

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Aikman?

Peyton?

Brees?

Elway?

Marino?

Peyton to Luck until luck retired. 

2 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Belichick is the most overrated coach in NFL history. His record without Brady is trash. He's lucky he had Brady to bail him out of all his bad drafting decisions, especially at receiver.

Homie, the record without Brady means nothing.

Without bellicheck there is no brady lol, he's just some other scrub who gets buried on a depth chart and washes out of the league. 

Bellicheck built the defenses that won championships, Brady wasn't even a *real* good till 07. Solid QB who was clutch but then Brady came into his own.

Legitimate comparisons to Purdy rn except Purdy is playing better than Brady did in his earlier seasons minus the SB wins but we're only two seasons in.

Bellicheck is a top 2 HC all time, without Brady he'd probably win 1-3 rings, and vice versa.

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Aikman?

Peyton?

Brees?

Elway?

Marino?

Montana won a sb without Walsh too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xmad said:

Meh top 10 starting QB, decent foundation on offense and a pair of solid pass rushers there's a core to work with.

Peyton to Luck until luck retired. 

Homie, the record without Brady means nothing.

Without bellicheck there is no brady lol, he's just some other scrub who gets buried on a depth chart and washes out of the league. 

Bellicheck built the defenses that won championships, Brady wasn't even a *real* good till 07. Solid QB who was clutch but then Brady came into his own.

Legitimate comparisons to Purdy rn except Purdy is playing better than Brady did in his earlier seasons minus the SB wins but we're only two seasons in.

Bellicheck is a top 2 HC all time, without Brady he'd probably win 1-3 rings, and vice versa.

They have like 6 good players and 2 of them will probably be cap casualties. And of those  “solid edge rushers” one peaked like 3 years ago and the other is gonna be 33 this year.

There’s zero evidence bill wins “1-3” rings without Brady when he has one 1 playoff game and is under 500 in over a 100 plus game sample size without him 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

They have like 6 good players and 2 of them will probably be cap casualties. And of those  “solid edge rushers” one peaked like 3 years ago and the other is gonna be 33 this year.

There’s zero evidence bill wins “1-3” rings without Brady when he has one 1 playoff game and is under 500 in over a 100 plus game sample size without him 

He already one without Brady but you're not young enough to remember that.

10 minutes ago, Xmad said:

He already one without Brady but you're not young enough to remember that.

As a DC? Nobody cares about that lol. Do you count Josh McDaniels rings as an OC? Lol

Claiming someone would win 1-3 rings without a QB, when he has one ONE playoff game without him in an extremely large sample size is legit laughable. At some point the results are just the results 

Edited by CP3MVP

21 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

As a DC? Nobody cares about that lol. Do you count Josh McDaniels rings as an OC? Lol

Claiming someone would win 1-3 rings without a QB, when he has one ONE playoff game without him in an extremely large sample size is legit laughable. At some point the results are just the results 

I mean they are super bowl rings so yes? Josh McDaniels is a good offensive coordinator and terrible HC.

The sample size is his tenure from cleveland in the 90's, and 2 winning seasons with different QBs, context matters.

Also Brady may have 7 SB rings but you know who has 8 rings?

Do you not give credit to the designer of the building when you build one, construction doesn't happen without the designs and plays don't happen without the coaching.

Blah blah blah Bill has more rings without brady then brady without bill blah blah.

29 minutes ago, Xmad said:

I mean they are super bowl rings so yes? Josh McDaniels is a good offensive coordinator and terrible HC.

The sample size is his tenure from cleveland in the 90's, and 2 winning seasons with different QBs, context matters.

Also Brady may have 7 SB rings but you know who has 8 rings?

Do you not give credit to the designer of the building when you build one, construction doesn't happen without the designs and plays don't happen without the coaching.

Blah blah blah Bill has more rings without brady then brady without bill blah blah.

When we are talking about success as a HC why are rings as DC up for discussion? Nobody cares about that lol, the same way no one cares about Josh’s rings in a HC discussion. 

The “construction and designing” loses when Tom Brady isn’t the starting QB. 

Edited by CP3MVP

21 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

When we are talking about success as a HC why are rings as DC up for discussion? Nobody cares about that lol, the same way no one cares about Josh’s rings in a HC discussion. 

The “construction and designing” loses when Tom Brady isn’t the starting QB. 

Almost like it's hard to win in the NFL without a competent QB or offense or something.

Time tells all tales and the one that matters most is there is no Tom Brady without Bill and no Bill 8 rings without Brady.

One won two rings without the other, one won one ring without the other. 

Also **** it just for bonus points 

Chuck Noll without Bradshaw: 61-80.

Another scrub head coach made into a Hall of Famer by an all-time great QB, right?

• Like 1

Even worse than his roster management is the decisions he had made regarding the offensive coaching staff. It has reached levels of ineptitude. I wouldn't want BB on my team in any capacity 

8 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Do you think Tom Brady is 5 Super Bowls better than Peyton Manning?  

• Like 2