Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

3 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

No, not at all. I believe Bill Callahan was given the OC title. I just thought it was kind of odd that you’re starting as a HC for the first time and you are handing those duties off to a guy who has never done it before. Ben calling the plays makes sense, I guess it’s a title thing when you call someone the OC I just imagine/assume he’s the guy that calls the plays. 

15 years ago you're probably right.

On 1/21/2024 at 10:17 AM, MikeT14 said:

I’d like to pivot to something. 

Let’s assume we hire Ben Johnson. Who do you all want to possibly see be brought in for DC?

On the otherside, we hire Mike Macdonald. Who for OC?

OCs: Anthony Lynn (SF AHC, RB), Alex Van Pelt (Browns OC), Brian Johnson (Eagles OC), Tanner Engstrand (Lions PGC)

DC: Ben Bloom (Browns D-Line), Ephraim Banda (Browns safeties), Shane Bowen (Titans DC), Donald D'Alesio (Chiefs safeties)

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

What has Raheem done to be in the mix for a H C job ? 

He’s in my Top 5.  Fantastic leader, got a raw deal from his time with the Bucs but he’s spent a lot of time developing himself and has spent a good amount of time around some great offensive minds.  

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

OK. Why bring Hank Fraley here as the OC? Is it what I said that they’re close and that’s the way to get him here. Will he be the lead OL Coach but call him the OC?

When Gruden and McVay were here, McVay game planned the offense and basically did everything but call the plays.  That is how it would work.  

They could also offer Assistant Head Coach- OL or something like that.  Many NFL and college teams do that as well.  We did it with Bill Callahan.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, e16bball said:

If we’re sticking in the 4-3, I’d be pretty interested in Ryan Nielsen as a DC option. Looks like the Falcons are going to let him walk. They had a pretty nice season on defense and took a big leap forward under his stewardship — although surely some of that was related to signing a few good players.

He’s a DL coach by trade, and extremely well-regarded in that area. We may need some help with that, especially if the draft skews heavily towards the offense (as I expect it to).

Adam Schefter 

Jaguars are set to hire former Falcons’ defensive coordinator Ryan Nielsen as their new defensive coordinator, per sources.

Ian Rapoport 

The #Panthers are hiring Dan Morgan as their new GM, per me, @JamesPalmerTV, and @TomPelissero. After an exhaustive search, Carolina stays in-house. 

A former Pro Bowl player in Carolina, Morgan has been assistant GM since 2021. Now promoted, he’ll work to hire the new coach.

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

All the defensive minded HC, based on what you posted 17 teams think I’m right. 

I actually like Macdonald. I do worry about filling out a staff for him because the ravens overall have an amazing defensive staff and I don’t think most of them are leaving when they’d more than likely get promoted. But that’s with any younger coach who are they filling their staffs out with. This is clearly a big battle for Johnson as most the teams haven’t made hires. So honestly I’m worried a lot more than just about Carolina. But we will see if he wants to be here we will ultimately get him. If not then honestly we just have to hope it’s for the best. Personally I think the clean slate along with the Peters hire and the very through job I think he’s doing with this search and with the holdover staff the fact that everyone wasn’t just fired I think speaks volumes. He could have came in and axed everyone. But he clearly came in got to work and is giving people on job chances to show their value even if it’s just collecting reports and getting to know them behind the scenes I think this is a great thing having patience in the most pivotal football position on this team

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

What a downgrade.

See I actually think Callahan is a hell of a DC. He’s not Vrabel the HC as we know yet but he’s maximized a Bengals defense that really is void of a superstar and they’ve been really tough. We will se how he is as a HC. One less team in the Ben Johnson market though I like that.

6 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

See I actually think Callahan is a hell of a DC. He’s not Vrabel the HC as we know yet but he’s maximized a Bengals defense that really is void of a superstar and they’ve been really tough. We will se how he is as a HC. One less team in the Ben Johnson market though I like that.

Callahan coaches offense my dude 

7 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I'm just saying when you have Mike Vrabel, who did more with less, and by all accounts was a great leader, the move has to be seen as an upgrade or a higher upside move. This just isn't that to me. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I think the Titans made a huge mistake in firing Vrabel. I think they'll regret it for a while.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I actually like Macdonald. I do worry about filling out a staff for him because the ravens overall have an amazing defensive staff and I don’t think most of them are leaving when they’d more than likely get promoted. But that’s with any younger coach who are they filling their staffs out with. This is clearly a big battle for Johnson as most the teams haven’t made hires. So honestly I’m worried a lot more than just about Carolina. But we will see if he wants to be here we will ultimately get him. If not then honestly we just have to hope it’s for the best. Personally I think the clean slate along with the Peters hire and the very through job I think he’s doing with this search and with the holdover staff the fact that everyone wasn’t just fired I think speaks volumes. He could have came in and axed everyone. But he clearly came in got to work and is giving people on job chances to show their value even if it’s just collecting reports and getting to know them behind the scenes I think this is a great thing having patience in the most pivotal football position on this team

This is definitely an important thought thread.