Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

Scott Abraham

Ben Johnson is the favorite to become the next head coach of the Washington Commanders.

I spoke with former NFL GM @RandyMueller_ about Johnson.

Mueller said, "the thing I like about Ben is he's not only a play caller, he's a designer, executor, teacher."

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

It really is kind of weird how the most coveted HC candidate is not being waited for like they know he has a commitment to us. 

And since we are waiting around twiddling our thumbs anyways, why not interview Vrabel?  I don't get it.  

• Like 1

The disappointment I will feel if this team hires Dan Quinn will rival that of when we hired Rivera. I don’t care how it happened or why but if you’re a defensive coach and your team gives up a 28-3 lead with basically no time left in the 3rd quarter in the damn Super Bowl of all games I don’t want you anywhere near my team. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I believe Seattle will end up with Dan Quinn and an outside shot Mike Vrabel.

We’ll get Ben Johnson with Anthony Weaver as DC if he wants the position. 

That sounds like a dream on paper.  Two talented guys from two strong cultures.  But do do you think we would be able to retain Weaver for a few years or would he just be looking for a HC job?

By the way, is Shane Day an obvious staff guy he brings maybe as OC?

Edited by offbyone
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, offbyone said:

That sounds like a dream on paper.  Two talented guys from two strong cultures.  But do do you think we would be able to retain Weaver for a few years or would he just be looking for a HC job?

I really would love that as well but that’s what happens when you get really good people there’s always that chance. Hope no HC jobs don’t open up for a few years. 

Are you thinking of Bobby Slowik, Shane Day I think works for the Texans. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lavar703 said:

The disappointment I will feel if this team hires Dan Quinn will rival that of when we hired Rivera. I don’t care how it happened or why but if you’re a defensive coach and your team gives up a 28-3 lead with basically no time left in the 3rd quarter in the damn Super Bowl of all games I don’t want you anywhere near my team. 

I have to admit, that I would likely feel the same.  

However, with McDonald, Slowik, Quinn and Johnson all still on the board, I have to think it’s a big nothing burger.  

6 hours ago, offbyone said:

Weaver is going up.  The man is getting HC interviews without ever being a coordinator.  It would be a very short stint here in Washington, and he may not even have great results as far as rankings go.  I think it’s more that front office guys just want to see him in that role.  

• Like 2