Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

We need to make this hire ASAP. It’s senior bowl week and it would be nice to have Peters and our HC in Mobile. Johnson should take some time off as he has been working like crazy but it would be nice to get this done and get our top guys down there too get into these players because the SB is a huge factory for teams to watch and see how these players will work and behave through a week with NFL coaching and we need them there

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

All of our targeted coordinators are now officially eliminated. I expect us to have our HC by Wednesday next week. Full court press time.

I'm sticking with tomorrow afternoon :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Idk about them but when Trent accused the training staff of borderline criminal malpractice and then refused to cooperate with the investigation into it, I was out. Dude just wanted to leave DC.

Yup.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, e16bball said:

And then board his plane from Dulles to Seattle for a job he has a chance to get 🙏🏼

After seeing some of the playcalling in the second half, I think McDonald has cemented himself as the guy I want.  He was already in my top three with Johnson and Slowik.  But any time you hold Mahomes to 17, you expect the offense with a x2 MVP to pull the weight on the other side of the field.  

I won’t have an issue if they hire Johnson, but McDonald put himself ahead in my opinion.  

13 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

After seeing some of the playcalling in the second half, I think McDonald has cemented himself as the guy I want.  He was already in my top three with Johnson and Slowik.  But any time you hold Mahomes to 17, you expect the offense with a x2 MVP to pull the weight on the other side of the field.  

I won’t have an issue if they hire Johnson, but McDonald put himself ahead in my opinion.  

I feel like I need to know the OC ahead of time. That'll be such a big deal with a rookie QB. I get the appeal, but the OC matters so much more there. 

• Like 1

Its pretty crazy where we are now vs. where we were just a year ago. By the end of this week we may have signed the young up and coming AGM everyone wanted and the young up and coming coordinator everyone wanted (Ben Johnson). That would never have happened under Snyder. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I feel like I need to know the OC ahead of time. That'll be such a big deal with a rookie QB. I get the appeal, but the OC matters so much more there. 

I don’t need to.  I think with McDaniel and the organization/culture he comes from, that he will know how to pick the right coach.  But it does matter, and I think that any young bright potential OC would love to attach themselves to the Commanders for a couple years for the opportunity.  We won’t be lacking for people who want to come here now under our new leadership.  But the gap between McDonald and Johnson has closed considerably.  

45 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Johnson’s offense scored 31 points — and what could very famously have been at least 37 — against a defense that gave up an average of 17.5 points a game. 

MacDonald’s defense held the Chiefs to 17 points — a team that averaged less than 22 points per game.

Not sure I see where the one guy clearly distanced himself from the other, particularly in MacDonald’s favor. If Johnson made the strategic call to run the ball on 3rd down at the goalline at the end, that would give me pause — but I’m assuming that probably had to be based on Campbell’s input because of the strategic importance of it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I don’t need to.  I think with McDaniel and the organization/culture he comes from, that he will know how to pick the right coach.  But it does matter, and I think that any young bright potential OC would love to attach themselves to the Commanders for a couple years for the opportunity.  We won’t be lacking for people who want to come here now under our new leadership.  But the gap between McDonald and Johnson has closed considerably.  

There was a lot of movement already at OC this offseason. What names would be left that you would be comfortable with? You're almost to "run it back with EB" territory, lol. 

Just now, e16bball said:

Johnson’s offense scored 31 points — and what could very famously have been at least 37 — against a defense that gave up an average of 17.5 points a game. 

MacDonald’s defense held the Chiefs to 17 points — a team that averaged less than 22 points per game.

Not sure I see where the one guy clearly distanced himself from the other, particularly in MacDonald’s favor. If Johnson made the strategic call to run the ball on 3rd down at the goalline at the end, that would give me pause — but I’m assuming that probably had to be based on Campbell’s input because of the strategic importance of it.

That seven points in the second half isn’t pretty.  If it wasn’t such a drastic swing, I’d give it to you, but it was a tale of two halves and I was dumbstruck by how far away they got from things in the first half.  

Again, not saying I don’t want Johnson.  But with the whole body of work from McDonald this season against great offenses and great QBs, he’s my guy.  But it’s not like a Rivera situation where we hire Johnson and I’m going to say I told you so.  Far from it.  

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

There was a lot of movement already at OC this offseason. What names would be left that you would be comfortable with? You're almost to "run it back with EB" territory, lol. 

No we aren’t.  There are still plenty of people who didn’t get promotions to OC who would be out there looking for jobs if the promotion was there.  

We’re also at that point because we waited, too.  Not saying it was right or wrong.  But we’re going to be one of the last teams to build our staff, and we might not even have all of the people the new coach wants in place until 2025 no matter who gets hired.