Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

45 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Not a surprise, pretty sure I predicted that when Peters first came on board.  That’s not a bad person to retain through this initial period of transition. 

Yeah. He's not running the show, so I don't care. He knows the deals and processes. 

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah. He's not running the show, so I don't care. He knows the deals and processes. 

It’s also important for Peters to have someone that has worked with him and who he presumably trusts to handle that, as he works through other things.  

Mayhew might leave to pursue some other opportunities, but this working relationship is extremely beneficial right now.  

9 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It’s also important for Peters to have someone that has worked with him and who he presumably trusts to handle that, as he works through other things.  

Mayhew might leave to pursue some other opportunities, but this working relationship is extremely beneficial right now.  

From a Transition Phase POV I understand this completely. My hope here is that this is going to be relatively short-term (under 2 years) and then Mayhew gets gone. I don't trust his talent evaluation and even with Peters running the show, I don't want Mayhew's input on anything. Hopefully he simply is an extra set of eyes at the Senior Bowl and also will help with the current administrative tasks for the Front Office. 

The Junkies

Will the next @Commanders coach be Mike McDonald? FWIW, his wife was born in Annapolis, grew up a Washington fan, was a Redskins cheerleader and she sang the national anthem for the @Commanders a couple of times.

Hopefully this will make some difference 

2 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

The Junkies

Will the next @Commanders coach be Mike McDonald? FWIW, his wife was born in Annapolis, grew up a Washington fan, was a Redskins cheerleader and she sang the national anthem for the @Commanders a couple of times.

Hopefully this will make some difference 

As long as she wasn't part of "The Good Bits"

John Keim

Martin Mayhew will be at the Senior Bowl (headed there with Adam Peters; other scouts, Eric Stokes already there). Mayhew is expected to remain with Washington, though the title remains uncertain. The team has not yet made any formal announcement about his role.

48 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

John Keim

Martin Mayhew will be at the Senior Bowl (headed there with Adam Peters; other scouts, Eric Stokes already there). Mayhew is expected to remain with Washington, though the title remains uncertain. The team has not yet made any formal announcement about his role.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/martin-mayhew-is-expected-to-remain-with-commanders

First real thing I don't like. Trust the process...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

John Keim

I am not a fan of this at all.  We are the one franchise when a new GM comes in that he doesn't clean house?  I know it takes time to transition, but it seems like all we have done is change the top dog and are going about our way- business as usual.  I don't want- business as usual.  We need change and keeping these guys in place just slows that process down.

The glass half full view is that we are leveraging the existing staff's talents during the transition.  The glass half empty is that this is an indicator that Peters isn't ready for the job.

3 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I am not a fan of this at all.  We are the one franchise when a new GM comes in that he doesn't clean house?  I know it takes time to transition, but it seems like all we have done is change the top dog and are going about our way- business as usual.  I don't want- business as usual.  We need change and keeping these guys in place just slows that process down.

The glass half full view is that we are leveraging the existing staff's talents during the transition.  The glass half empty is that this is an indicator that Peters isn't ready for the job.

Scouting departments are routinely  held until after the draft when new GMs come in. I don't think we can judge anything until after this draft. Then we will see who they keep. 

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Scouting departments are routinely  held until after the draft when new GMs come in. I don't think we can judge anything until after this draft. Then we will see who they keep. 

I am not talking about the scouts.  We don't even know the names of most of those guys.  I am talking about the Martin/Marty level guys.  Enough of the Kumbaya with the prior regime.  

• Like 1