Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

Several years ago when John Elway stepped down as GM/EVP of the Broncos and announced he and the Bowlen Trust would hire a GM, almost everyone here IMMEDIATALEY assumed it would be Adam Peters, given that he had been with the team from 2009-2016 before moving on to SF to join Kyle and John Lynch. The Broncos, for some reason, didn't even interview him, but during that process he was also promoted from VP of Player Personnel to Assistant GM, not sure what the difference is TBH. 

My point of coming in here and crashing your party is just to say could do a lot worse than Adam as your GM - he has had roles in so many different facets and has ties to the major coaching "trees" in the league, so you wouldn't be pigeon-holed into a certain tree of HC candidates.  If I was a Washington fan, I'd be elated if Adam Peters is the way Josh Harris & Co decide to go. 

Good luck, guys, I'll be following closely. 👍

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

First time I've seen this-just read Keim says we're hiring a Pres of Football Operations AND a G M .. 

Can't link it - it's on Bleacher Report . Correction, Hogs Haven under KyleSmithforGM

Hahaha Kyle is alright. I’ve had my run-ins with him on there but he was just a dude in the comment section who they randomly asked to start doing articles. He has no inside info. Remember, HogsHaven is all fan driven. 

• Like 1

JP Finlay 

Best news for Commanders fans? Both Cunningham and Peters have told other teams no. Not interested. Now theyre both in the running for the Washington job. Peters prob the favorite, but theyre both in it. They want this job. In DC. This is very different. This is good.

WOW! This is going to get even more interesting..

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

JP Finlay 

Best news for Commanders fans? Both Cunningham and Peters have told other teams no. Not interested. Now theyre both in the running for the Washington job. Peters prob the favorite, but theyre both in it. They want this job. In DC. This is very different. This is good.

WOW! This going to get even more interesting..

Competency from a management position... here? Really!?!? Are we returning to the realm of legitimacy?

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952evs3zwd2023xxdp76

• Like 4

4 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Several years ago when John Elway stepped down as GM/EVP of the Broncos and announced he and the Bowlen Trust would hire a GM, almost everyone here IMMEDIATALEY assumed it would be Adam Peters, given that he had been with the team from 2009-2016 before moving on to SF to join Kyle and John Lynch. The Broncos, for some reason, didn't even interview him, but during that process he was also promoted from VP of Player Personnel to Assistant GM, not sure what the difference is TBH. 

My point of coming in here and crashing your party is just to say could do a lot worse than Adam as your GM - he has had roles in so many different facets and has ties to the major coaching "trees" in the league, so you wouldn't be pigeon-holed into a certain tree of HC candidates.  If I was a Washington fan, I'd be elated if Adam Peters is the way Josh Harris & Co decide to go. 

Good luck, guys, I'll be following closely. 👍

Thanks man, we agree.

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Zoom has to make this infinitely easier for coaches, especially those still in the playoffs.  

That’s what I told a ravens fan who was complaining about his zoom interview taking away from the playoff game they have in 10 days. 🫤

24 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

What's happened to warp speed ?? Hire someone already !! 

It’s 96 hours after the dismissal of Rivera and we have two finalists, who are meeting six person committee to decide who they are going to hire.  That’s pretty warp speed to me?  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It’s 96 hours after the dismissal of Rivera and we have two finalists, who are meeting six person committee to decide who they are going to hire.  That’s pretty warp speed to me?  

I don't get it nap 🤣

I'm not a patient person, and this is all fine by me. Sheesh. 

JP Finlay

Top Commanders coaching priorities from @PFTCommenter:  
1) Mike Vrabel - "he's a fantastic coach"
2) Ben Johnson  
3) Jim Harbaugh

My order would be:

Ben Johnson (especially if we draft a QB)

Mike Macdonald 

If Vrabel is the choice I wouldn’t hate but rather see Johnson or Macdonald 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF