2023 Wild Card Round: NFC 7) Green Bay Packers @ 2) Dallas Cowboys

Who wins?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Green Bay Packers
    • Dallas Cowboys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/14/2024 at 09:30 PM

2 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers are so goddamn lucky they had a weak *** playoff field in the 2010 NFC playoffs. They had to beat the 11-5 Lovie/Cutler bears to get to the Super Bowl (who got there by beating a 7 win team😆) AND Jay Got hurt lol. Neither guy has made a SB since. 

If we are going to continue to keep it all the way real what years in the NFC post 2010 would that 2010 packer team even get to the SB? 2012 and 2016 maybe? 

I don't know what happened to them in the playoffs in 2011, but that year, they had one of the best offenses I've ever seen.  In the same league as the '98 Vikings, GSOT Rams, and '07 Patriots, IMO.

30 minutes ago, Soggust said:

McCarthy has a SB and a winning playoff record over 20 games.

Seems pretty decent to me

11-11 isn't great.  1-3 with the Cowboys is even worse.  Been a lot of mediocrity with 1 magical run with a top 5 QB all time.

Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers are so goddamn lucky they had a weak *** playoff field in the 2010 NFC playoffs. They had to beat the 11-5 Lovie/Cutler bears to get to the Super Bowl (who got there by beating a 7 win team😆) AND Jay Got hurt lol. Neither guy has made a SB since. 

If we are going to continue to keep it all the way real what years in the NFC post 2010 would that 2010 packer team even get to the SB? 2012 and 2016 maybe? 

Pfffft!! Dude that team was so good, seriously.

2014 we were an onside kick away from making the Super Bowl.

27 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

11-11 isn't great.  1-3 with the Cowboys is even worse.  Been a lot of mediocrity with 1 magical run with a top 5 QB all time.

We say this, but that top 5 all time QB couldn't seem to win without him. 

I just think it's hard to win in the NFL. A team is only supposed to win once every 32 years, right?

1 hour ago, Soggust said:

Would you fire Shanahan if you guys lose in a similar fashion  (Brock throws a couple picks and can't stop them)?

Just curious I don't have anything up my sleeve, it just seems like if we are firing a guy for not getting it done in the playoffs, I'm curious if it would apply to a coach that is universal considered better. Maybe the answer is simply, yes. 

I do think I'm leaning towards you should keep him, but I also know I'm a mediocrity lover so maybe im trying to stay flexible on this.

1 and 3 in the playoffs.  Couple home losses.  

Jones likely sees a better option in BB, Vrabel, Harbaugh 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Maybe it's unfair to McCarthy, but it went flat in green Bay at the end, he had to do a whole rebrand thing, and so we are working on 6-7 years of just being underwhelmed  with him. And now in Dallas when people have doubts, part of that is heavily focused on the coaching. 

Its almost always easier to change the HC vs revamp the roster

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Soggust said:

We say this, but that top 5 all time QB couldn't seem to win without him. 

I just think it's hard to win in the NFL. A team is only supposed to win once every 32 years, right?

He was also well past his prime and completed 67% of his passes 9 TD 3 int avg 287 pass/ypg without McCarthy.  Hardly the reason they lost those games.  You subtract the Super Bowl year and those numbers are astronomically better than what he did with McCarthy.  Even if you include the SB year, his playoff numbers without McCarthy exceed what he did with him. McCarthy has Rodgers to thank for having a career as an NFL head coach.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Also worth noting that I think this is considered a particularly interesting coaching cycle. Bill? Vrabel? These are guys that some people may consider just straight upgrades on McCarthy 

Add Harbaugh to that list

• Like 1

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

He does.  

That loss today was not your ordinary loss

Felt kind of like what happened just yesterday with the Browns, right?

QB throws a few picks, defense can't get a stop? 

We firing Stefanski or is it different because he had Flacco who was good until he wasn't and we think Watson will be a difference maker?

Just now, Soggust said:

Felt kind of like what happened just yesterday with the Browns, right?

QB throws a few picks, defense can't get a stop? 

We firing Stefanski or is it different because he had Flacco who was good until he wasn't and we think Watson will be a difference maker?

CLE was on the road.  Dallas at home.  

More factors at play with injuries at key spots.

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

He does.  

That loss today was not your ordinary loss

That loss was mostly on Dan Quinn, frankly. 

The Packers were playing mid-90s chuck 'n' duck football and the Cowboys defense couldn't do anything about it.

Edited by Apparition
  • Like 1