2023 Wild Card Round: NFC 7) Green Bay Packers @ 2) Dallas Cowboys

Who wins?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Green Bay Packers
    • Dallas Cowboys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/14/2024 at 09:30 PM

2 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

No one and their mother would have expected that. Had he did he’ll be bragging how he just paid off his house if he had that much confidence/conviction… He’ll be up piled and piles of cash. Amazing game by Love and pack. It was unreal to watch. 

I fully expected Love playing like this was well within the range of outcomes. Everyone here knows it. I've been hyping him for years.

I never bet on GB (or any sports for that matter), though.

Also definitely didn't unblock that dude, unfortunately can still see when people quote him, though.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

It's like 80% everyone else and 20% Love. And a few of us have been saying exactly this all season long.

That and MLF took the kid gloves off the offense and trusted his QB. Remember people bitching about Love's footwork all the time? Now they're awing at the off platform throws he's making consistently. Yes, he's got **** to work on, as any QB does, but he's been the same QB all year. Everything else came together beautifully around him and he's popping off now. 

• Like 3

Just now, incognito_man said:

Love has been pretty consistent all year. He's absolutely playing better now, but the difference is wildly exaggerated. The ridiculously young offense around him has been far more volatile than Love himself has been.

OL is playing light years better. Jones back. Those are the biggest changes on our offense.

Incremental improvements in pass-catchers is next biggest.

Love's composure (unsurprisingly corresponding to the better OL play) next.

The offense is absolutely loaded around Love, but are super young. Once the other 10 guys started to play more consistently, Love's performance took off as well.

It's like 80% everyone else and 20% Love. And a few of us have been saying exactly this all season long.

Love went from an arguably top 15ish QB in the league to the best QB in the league. He's tearing up top defenses throwing to rookies and UDFAs

I fully expected Love playing like this was well within the range of outcomes. Everyone here knows it. I've been hyping him for years.

I never bet on GB (or any sports for that matter), though.

Also definitely didn't unblock that dude, unfortunately can still see when people quote him, though.

You’re from GB and you don’t bet? What’s wrong with you? 

Either way this season is a massive success. Just seeing Love grow has been a huge plus. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mdpackfan22 said:

Love went from an arguably top 15ish QB in the league to the best QB in the league. He's tearing up top defenses throwing to rookies and UDFAs

he is, and it's because this offense is loaded and finally playing up to it. It's never just one guy.

he is, and it's because this offense is loaded and finally playing up to it. It's never just one guy.

Amen.

Unit is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more cohesive than they were during that awful stretch where they were consistenly behind the chains and throwing the offense out of rhythm. They "got it cleaned up" and now we're seeing the poetry in motion. Was always about growth overall and not just 10. 

• Like 1

Just now, El Ramster said:

You’re from GB and you don’t bet? What’s wrong with you? 

Either way this season is a massive success. Just seeing Love grow has been a huge plus. 

absolutely

i felt just getting to playoffs was a big success (and put the team one year ahead of Rodgers' era who missed playoffs his first year, lost WC 2nd year, won SB third year).

In the offseason, I thought this was a 12 win team due to easy schedule and offensive talent. Had a bottom 5 DVOA defense though which dragged the top 6 offense down. Still inarguably a successful season.

• Like 1

Was our offense loaded during Love's dominant stretch? Watson, Jones and Musgrave missed multiple games. Wicks missed a game, Reed was banged up. 

Just now, Mdpackfan22 said:

Was our offense loaded during Love's dominant stretch? Watson, Jones and Musgrave missed multiple games. Wicks missed a game, Reed was banged up. 

yes

they are YOUNG

ridiculously talented. but young. and they were banged up and missed time during the ugly stretch. No surprise the offense (including Love) struggled when most everyone was playing some ugly football. But the flashes were always there. All year long. Starting in week 1.

Let's halt the whole "rookies and UDFA" talk to boost Love. His pass-catchers are the envy of league right now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

How dare you disrespect WR1 Bo Melton like that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

That and MLF took the kid gloves off the offense and trusted his QB. Remember people bitching about Love's footwork all the time? Now they're awing at the off platform throws he's making consistently. Yes, he's got **** to work on, as any QB does, but he's been the same QB all year. Everything else came together beautifully around him and he's popping off now. 

Anyone who watched him never questioned the talent. They questioned the other stuff. He still has a lot to prove, but he is clearly on a very good track.

But ya as with every team the Packers entire team was struggling. Now that they are hitting their stride suddenly the coaching looks good, the weapons look good, the defense looks competent, and the QB looks good. Crazy how that works.

• Like 1

yes

they are YOUNG

ridiculously talented. but young. and they were banged up and missed time during the ugly stretch. No surprise the offense (including Love) struggled when most everyone was playing some ugly football. But the flashes were always there. All year long. Starting in week 1.

Let's halt the whole "rookies and UDFA" talk to boost Love. His pass-catchers are the envy of league right now.

We were healthier during our ugly stretch than Love's dominant stretch

55 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I've watched every snap of his career. He looks nothing like the player he did 2 months ago. Not even the biggest Packers homers thought he would play this well.

Look at that effing Avy. The guy is a Vikings/Bears plant trying to come off as a packer fan who prayed Love would suck and now trying to cope with Love being on the cusp of the 3rd great one.

• Like 2

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Anyone who watched him never questioned the talent. They questioned the other stuff. He still has a lot to prove, but he is clearly on a very good track.

Obviously can't crown someone off a 9 game stretch but I'm not sure what "other stuff" there is to question? Anyone that did their proper digging on the kid knew he was a cerebral player. So if he's smart and talented, the only thing you're waiting on is for the game to slow down for him and it has, in spades, these last 9 games. He's in total control of that offense. 

Find any game thread in the Packers forum, where we were struggling, and you'll find comments from myself talking about MLF being a problem with not fully trusting Love yet and the offense as a whole due to the youth. Now MLF has full confidence and the entire playbook is at their disposal. Love's just getting started.

• Like 2

Just now, beekay414 said:

Obviously can't crown someone off a 9 game stretch but I'm not sure what "other stuff" there is to question? Anyone that did their proper digging on the kid knew he was a cerebral player. So if he's smart and talented, the only thing you're waiting on is for the game to slow down for him and it has, in spades, these last 9 games. He's in total control of that offense. 

Find any game thread in the Packers forum, where we were struggling, and you'll find comments from myself talking about MLF being a problem with not fully trusting Love yet and the offense as a whole due to the youth. Now MLF has full confidence and the entire playbook is at their disposal. Love's just getting started.

Ya he needs to do it for longer. QBs have gone on heaters before. I don't think this is a mirage, but he needs to come in looking like this next year and he will cement himself. That is all. 

Or he can just beat the Niners and I'll crown him screw it.

• Like 3