2023 Wild Card Round: NFC 7) Green Bay Packers @ 2) Dallas Cowboys

Who wins?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Green Bay Packers
    • Dallas Cowboys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/14/2024 at 09:30 PM

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

giphy.gif

Nah, I just call out bs and double standards.. which you all get upset about, I guess. Cute that you all want to talk about me more than you want to talk about the actual football game. It’s very telling. Talk about soft. 

I've already shared at great length my thoughts on this game and feel like the Packers have a clear game plan on how to keep this game close, and with Vegas giving +7 to them on the road, I'm taking that margin.  I think this game could become a barn burner and am also taking the over of 50.5 total points.  Jordan Love is one of the hottest QB's coming into the playoffs with an amazing final 8 games, but Cowboys at home are good for 40+ themselves, especially against a suspect D like the Packers.  I expect Love to go for 300+ and for Jones and Co to put up 150+ and something along the lines of 41-38 Cowboys, with Aubrey redeeming himself for the miss against Washington.

• Like 1

Game will be very close if the TO differential remains within +/-2. I take the Packers and the over on this one. Dallas is just not a good team under pressure at home. They came out flat in the SF game a couple years back. They were flat on the road last year. The Bucs game was impressive last year, so if Dak comes out like that and they get out early, all will be well, but the O-line is banged up and the Pack could perhaps get some pressure. 

2 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Getting Jonathan Hankins back is absolutely paramount for this Defense to slow down Jones and Co.  He returned for the Washington game and says there's no hold ups but he's obviously not 100% either (who is at this point?).  If he can clog the lanes like he's known for and our LB'er maintain gap integrity, it'll be about DLaw and Micah getting penetration and tying Jones up before he can really get going.  Once he gets moving downhill, it's tough for anyone to slow him down.

16 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

It’s a team game. As a team they did not finish the season on fire. Not even close.

Their offense finished the season on fire and went 3-0. No one is saying the Packers have some great defense. Almost everyone wants Barry fired at end of the season.

13 hours ago, Jaire_Island said:

Joe Barry’s D is stellar so far in post season with GB. ;)

My theory as always - His D exceed expectations against good O’s

His D perform subpar against bad O’s

Go back and observe his 3 years with GB, he always came up with a top notch game plan against good O’s.

Sounds like a great recipe for a contract extension!

• Like 1

I kinda wanna bet the spread. On paper Dallas should win 45-17..

But something about those green and yellow turd colored packer unis that strike fear into Dallas. It’s like when GB goes up against SF! They shiver in their timbers. 

4 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

I've already shared at great length my thoughts on this game and feel like the Packers have a clear game plan on how to keep this game close, and with Vegas giving +7 to them on the road, I'm taking that margin.  I think this game could become a barn burner and am also taking the over of 50.5 total points.  Jordan Love is one of the hottest QB's coming into the playoffs with an amazing final 8 games, but Cowboys at home are good for 40+ themselves, especially against a suspect D like the Packers.  I expect Love to go for 300+ and for Jones and Co to put up 150+ and something along the lines of 41-38 Cowboys, with Aubrey redeeming himself for the miss against Washington.

One thing that could keep the score "artificially" low is that both teams (iirc) have few drives. Methodical teams somewhat. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

No you don't, you just throw out the term "double standards" even when it makes no sense. "Expecting McCarthy to win? Double standards! No other coach is scrutinized like this!"

No, I actually detail my points and make sense whereas posters like you just baselessly come around and make personal attacks because you don’t like it. We’ve been down this road before and you never even take me up on my points, which is frankly par for the course around here. Can’t touch what I say, so of course just make a personal insult and laugh. The salt is real, and it’s amusing how bothered you are over past interactions where you got dunked on. I have spent time in the past over and over again to detail my posts, but sure, just come around and be outright disingenuous and pathetic because you know you’ll be supported in doing so. I know people don’t like me on this forum - you don’t have to waste your time doubling down on what I get from so many others that are in the same spot as you are (personally history of getting wrecked, etc). 

Seriously, I don’t even go around calling people out or ask for this stupid back and forth. I say something pro-Cowboys and my notifications will blow up nearly every single time with someone trying to make it personal and then I’m made out to be the bad guy because I can actually defend my viewpoints. It’s comical, and it’s why Dallas fans don’t venture here unless they’re willing to avoid saying anything particularly positive about the team. It’s a ****storm every single time. 

I’m very willing to simply talk football, and frankly I’ve given some of you people too much credit with my responses. It’s really, really not worth my time.. and the fact that so many of you have spammed this thread with your petty grievances over my opinions is pathetic. There is probably just as much content about that as there is about the actual football game.. even though I’ve stated I’d just like to talk about the game. It’s very telling.

That all said.. let’s get back to the regular programming; Dallas by two scores.

Edited by NoFlyZone

20 hours ago, Eternal said:

Their offense finished the season on fire and went 3-0. No one is saying the Packers have some great defense. Almost everyone wants Barry fired at end of the season.

They weren’t particularly great in their final game, but I can concede that they played well against Carolina and Minnesota. Still, as a team they weren’t exactly stellar to the extent that I’d say they were on fire. The win against the Vikings was really the only noteworthy performance, with the other wins being a quiet one score win against Chicago and a late FG win against Carolina of all teams. Think they’d have to play a bit above that level to beat the Cowboys at their place.

Edited by NoFlyZone

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

They weren’t particularly great in their final game, but I can concede that they played well against Carolina and Chicago. Still, as a team they weren’t exactly stellar to the extent that I’d say they were on fire. The win against the Vikings was really the only noteworthy performance, with the other wins being a quiet one score win against Chicago and a late FG win against Carolina of all teams. Think they’d have to play a bit above that level to beat the Cowboys at their place.

Elaborate on how the GB game vs Chicago wasn't a great offensive game?