Wild Card GDT: Green Bay Packers @ Dallas Cowboys

MaddHatter

10 hours ago, quiller said:

but don’t know what type of run game GB has.  Are they a power run game or more speed oriented like Miami which we can handle better.  The power sweep type runs kill us.  

Good blocking and breaking through the first tackle attempt. Definitely more on the power side of things, though jones has been having great vision too. Think several 8-12 yard runs rather than a 40 yard run

At least from my casual eye. Jones has fresh legs which has been invaluable these past few games. 

2 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Good blocking and breaking through the first tackle attempt. Definitely more on the power side of things, though jones has been having great vision too. Think several 8-12 yard runs rather than a 40 yard run

At least from my casual eye. Jones has fresh legs which has been invaluable these past few games. 

Hankins clogging lanes up the middle, Ware and Parsons getting to him in the backfield before he gets a head of steam, and maintaining gap integrity will be key.

7 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Hankins clogging lanes up the middle, Ware and Parsons getting to him in the backfield before he gets a head of steam, and maintaining gap integrity will be key.

Maybe it's too early for one of us.....Ware????? or D-law?

Edited by HDsportsfan

8 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

DLaw has been stellar in that role this year but we have had issues with runs wide in MP side as the OL baits him inside or just walls him off enough and we don’t have coverage from Clark or a safety behind him. I also do not want to see those 4-6 yard up the gut runs consistently on 1st down. 

8 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

We don't run up the middle very much, not much of a gap or iso team. Not that having your run plugger back will hurt, just don't see too much of an impact. 

We thrive on outside zone/split zone looks. Stopping GB's run game is really a matter of how well your LB's can read out the misdirection look and flow the right way without false stepping and how well your OLB/DE's set the edge and keep contain. We're going to hit you with the LAR/Mia looks with misdirection flow one way and a TE coming across the formation the other, add in a lot of jet motion/gives and really what we're counting on is your edge players getting caught false stepping so they can easily be blocked with the flow of the play, and your LBs doing the same thing so our combo blocks have time to get up on them on the 2nd level. You don't false step to the misdirection flow of the scheme, you'll contain the run game pretty well. 

• Like 1

It's game day gentlemen. Let's go get this W

I feel better about this game the closer we get to it. Watson and Alexander's potential absences would/will be massive. There's no excuse imo- if we lose this, McCarthy should be dismissed

5 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Heeeeeeerr we gooo!

Dak’s time to shine baby, Micah and DLaw gonna step up, and Blands gonna have me eating crow with a Pick-6

Boys by double digits 38-23

I can’t believe you picked the Packers in the Gen GDT to win 🤔 😑, Cowboys win 34-17 🙂

Just one little tidbit that really scares me ….    
we are 11-1 when scoring the games 1st TD. Only Loss Miami

we are 1-4 when giving up 1st TD only win SD. 

Edited by quiller