Packers 2024 Opponents

Brat&Beer

1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Long overdue. 

I'm from the UP so up there GB vs Det was the blood feud, but given all that city has been through since the last time the team was truly good (possibly great) in the 50s, I don't begrudge the Lions some time in the sun. 

Get back to me after they're a pain in our ***** for a couple more years though, I'll probably have them ranked right there with the Vikings in the "f those guys" category. 

Eastern UP the Lions are definitely the deal but West, closer to MN it is the Vikings I do believe. I'm what the Yoopers call a troll, I live below the bridge. 

Matt Stafford - 15 years - has led the league in:  Attempts (twice), Completions, INTs.

Dak Prescott - 8 years - has led the league in:  Completions, INTs, TDs.  

Stafford is nothing but a compiler.  The Bruce Smith of QBs.

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Matt Stafford - 15 years - has led the league in:  Attempts (twice), Completions, INTs.

'Cept he won a title.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

1 hour ago, Zycho32 said:

'Cept he won a title.

Eli won a title and he's an absolute compiler

Watching Eli and Plaxico abuse Al Harris in the '07 NFCC was brutal, but it was for the best.  GB was not going to beat that 18-0 NE team, and seeing the Brady Patriots go 19-0 with a SB would have been horrible.  I've had a soft spot in my heart for Eli and the Giants ever since they won that SB.

• Like 1

The thing about "he won a title" and "he's a compiler" is that some guys just are high variance quarterbacks who happened to hit the highs in the playoffs one year.  There's nothing wrong with that, since you can hoist a trophy doing that, but it's also inherently frustrating.

I'm just sayin' Matt got a title, which Bruce sadly never got despite having so many tries for it, so the comparison seems a little off.

That and I will admit to not understanding what makes a 'compiler' in this sort of sport and where the bar to hurdle that label is(I really hope it's not another one of those 'gut feeling' type things 'cause I just find that an admittance that no reasonable conversation can be had about it).

51 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

I'm just sayin' Matt got a title, which Bruce sadly never got despite having so many tries for it, so the comparison seems a little off.

That and I will admit to not understanding what makes a 'compiler' in this sort of sport and where the bar to hurdle that label is(I really hope it's not another one of those 'gut feeling' type things 'cause I just find that an admittance that no reasonable conversation can be had about it).

Stafford is 11th in yards and TDs all time.  However, he has never even sniffed being the best QB during his career.  He is in the same boat as Phillip Rivers and Matt Ryan. Really big stats because they played a long time when the stats started blowing up.  It is a disservice to all former players to put these guys that were maybe the 5th best player in any given season among all-time greats.  That is where I have the problem.  

9 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Stafford is 11th in yards and TDs all time.  However, he has never even sniffed being the best QB during his career.  He is in the same boat as Phillip Rivers and Matt Ryan. Really big stats because they played a long time when the stats started blowing up.  It is a disservice to all former players to put these guys that were maybe the 5th best player in any given season among all-time greats.  That is where I have the problem.  

Fair, but looking back at the conversation, where did the all-time thing come from? Best I saw was he might be the best QB in the NFC(not a Packer, so it's bullcrap but still).