Packers 2024 Opponents

Brat&Beer

Generally speaking, I'll look to all-pro selections as an indicator of whether a player reached an elite level relative to the rest of the league.  In theory, a PFF score should be good metric to look at, but PFF...

1 hour ago, Zycho32 said:

Fair, but looking back at the conversation, where did the all-time thing come from? Best I saw was he might be the best QB in the NFC(not a Packer, so it's bullcrap but still).

That’s exactly what I said and if Mahomes, Jackson, Burrow, Allen, and Stroud are the top 5 in the league even removing Love for the sake of being a Homer, Stafford isn’t in the top 5 in a season but he can still be the NFC’s best. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

2 more days until Packers family night.  I know it's not a game or as high action of a scrimmage as it used to be, but I still like tuning in to get the first look at some players as well as hearing from John Kuhn and company up in the booth.

20 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

2 more days until Packers family night.  I know it's not a game or as high action of a scrimmage as it used to be, but I still like tuning in to get the first look at some players as well as hearing from John Kuhn and company up in the booth.

I'll try to watch it, again, and again I will be very bored and flip away to watch other things.

It has become a nothingburger.  

I'll bet it is more fun to go to, but then again, when I used to go, it was at the beginning of Family Night and there was just more action.

On 7/19/2024 at 7:48 PM, TheGreatZepp said:

That’s exactly what I said and if Mahomes, Jackson, Burrow, Allen, and Stroud are the top 5 in the league even removing Love for the sake of being a Homer, Stafford isn’t in the top 5 in a season but he can still be the NFC’s best. 

How does CJ Stroud get into the top 5 QB? Here are last year's stats for two quarterbacks. Which one was better? 

GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG SACK RTG QBR
15 319 499 63.9 4,108 8.2 23 5 75 38 100.8

17 372 579 64.2 4,159 7.2 32 11 77 30 96.1 62.1

6 hours ago, Old Guy said:

How does CJ Stroud get into the top 5 QB? Here are last year's stats for two quarterbacks. Which one was better? 

15 319 499 63.9 4,108 8.2 23 5 75 38 100.8

17 372 579 64.2 4,159 7.2 32 11 77 30 96.1

I only see one set of stats so Stroud’s…

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

What? 

It's a gag on dismissing someone from the equation. Already discounted Love, so his stats technically don't exist for him.

Can also be read another way, noting how the quote function only shows the topmost parts of the quoted message, which hid the second line of stats unless you clicked the 'expand' icon.