NFC Wild Card: 6. Los Angeles Rams (10-7) @ Detroit Lions (12-5) Sunday Night Football

Louis Friend

Rams @ Lions   

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets revenge?

40 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

THIS might just be the best matchup of the weekend. I feel like this is the best WCW we’ve gotten in a long time. Interested in every game except Eagles/Bucs. 

Yeah I'm sure Eagles-Bucs is going to be about as exciting as Bills Steelers. 

Actually thinking the run games for both teams is going to play a bigger part in this game. While the run defense stats for both teams are good for the year neither team has faced the type of run games these teams employ. The focus may be on the QBs and the passing game but it very well may come down to who can just limit turnovers and have their will in the run game imposed. 

55 minutes ago, Dash said:

Actually thinking the run games for both teams is going to play a bigger part in this game. While the run defense stats for both teams are good for the year neither team has faced the type of run games these teams employ. The focus may be on the QBs and the passing game but it very well may come down to who can just limit turnovers and have their will in the run game imposed. 

Detroit has had 4 games against the top 6 rushing teams. They are 3–1 in those games. The loss being in Dallas. 

@KC- Pacheco had 23 yards; CEH had 22 yards. W

@ MIN- Chandler had 17 yards; 1 TD W

@ Dallas- Pollard had 49 yards. L

Vs MIN- Chandler had 69 yards W

Lions give up the 2nd fewest rushing yards allowed a game at 88.8. They have not given up 70+ yards to a running back this season. 

Lions are 5th in the league in rushing yards per game with 135.9 and have two running backs with 1,000+ scrimmage yards and 10+ TDs.

Lions gain 47.1 rushing yards more than they give up. 

Rams have faced 3 top 6 run games. They are 1-2 in those games. The one win is week 18 against SF when everyone sat. 

Vs SF- CMC had 116 yards; 1 TD L

@ Dallas- Pollard had 53 yards L 

@ SF- Mitchell had 52 yards; 1 TD W

Rams are 12th in fewest rushing yards allowed a game at 106.8.

Rams are 11th in the league in rushing yards per game with 120.3. They have one running back with 1,000+ yards and 10+ TDs. 

Rams gain 13.5 more rushing yards a game than they give up. 

“Both teams are good” seems to vastly downplay how great Detroits run game (offensively and defensively) have been this season. 

6 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Detroit has had 4 games against the top 6 rushing teams. They are 3–1 in those games. The loss being in Dallas. 

@KC- Pacheco had 23 yards; CEH had 22 yards. W

@ MIN- Chandler had 17 yards; 1 TD W

@ Dallas- Pollard had 49 yards. L

Vs MIN- Chandler had 69 yards W

Lions give up the 2nd fewest rushing yards allowed a game at 88.8. They have not given up 70+ yards to a running back this season. 

Lions are 5th in the league in rushing yards per game with 135.9 and have two running backs with 1,000+ scrimmage yards and 10+ TDs.

Lions gain 47.1 rushing yards more than they give up. 

Rams have faced 3 top 6 run games. They are 1-2 in those games. The one win is week 18 against SF when everyone sat. 

Vs SF- CMC had 116 yards; 1 TD L

@ Dallas- Pollard had 53 yards L 

@ SF- Mitchell had 52 yards; 1 TD W

Rams are 12th in fewest rushing yards allowed a game at 106.8.

Rams are 11th in the league in rushing yards per game with 120.3. They have one running back with 1,000+ yards and 10+ TDs. 

Rams gain 13.5 more rushing yards a game than they give up. 

“Both teams are good” seems to vastly downplay how great Detroits run game (offensively and defensively) have been this season. 

The chiefs game Pacheco only had 8 carries and one would have to go back and see what the downs and distances he had those on. 

Pollard averaged 4ypc this year with a rush yards over expectations of -0.16. Pollard has not been what was expected not him.

Chandler averaged 4.2 you with a rush yards over expectations of -0.14. Also pro football reference has Chandler at only a 45% success rate this year. 

Williams averages 5 ypc with a 0.45 over yards expected.

Rams did not particularly slow down McCaffrey and the Mitchell game was the last game of the season with the 49ers backups playing most of the game. Plus he's no McCaffrey. Already touched with Pollard. 

Gibbs averages 5 ypc with a rush over expectations of 0.4. Montgomery averages 4.6 up with a 0.26 rush yards over expectations. 

Not saying that the Lions or Rams run defenses won't be ready but it'll be interesting to see the strength on strength in the run game. 

The rush yards over expectations per attempt is from next genstats. 

2 minutes ago, Dash said:

Not saying that the Lions or Rams run defenses won't be ready but it'll be interesting to see the strength on strength in the run game. 

They sort of mirror each other with strengths and weaknesses. Which is why I believe it’ll be a close game. 

24 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

They sort of mirror each other with strengths and weaknesses. Which is why I believe it’ll be a close game. 

Honest we can be ran at. We are bigger this year. But if Det is going to cruise on by, running it down would be their best option. We haven’t really faced a double headed back field either. I posted in the stats game, the Rams have shut down the best Rb for said teams. Butt like det our weakness is running QBs and neither of our guys can fly. So that’s good. I just wonder if they sell out for the run game and force Goff to beat us. That’s what I’ll do.. Double Sun god and stuff the run game… But if det can get the ball running and melt 8-10 mins off the clock per possession it’s finna be a long day. 

Kenneth Walker: 64 yards.

Cmc :116 yards 

Joe Mixon : 65yards 

Zach Moss: 70 yards 

Swift: 70 yards 

Najee: 53 yards 

Pollard : 53 yards 

Aaron Jones: 73 yards 

Charbonnet: 47 and Walker 18

James Conner: 27 yards

Kareem Hunt: 48 yards 

Lamar Jackson: 70 Yards 

chris Rodríguez: 35 yards 

Alvin Kamara: 19 yards 

Saquan Barkley: 39 yards.

Only cmc went over one hunna. Didn’t post the cards game cuzit was ugly for them. Dobbs led the way with 47 the rb had 40. 

Edited by El Ramster

1. Isaiah Pacheco 23 yds/ CEH 22 yds

2. Kenneth Walker 43 yds OT

3. Bijan Robinson 33 tds/ Tyler Allgier 12 yds

4. Aaron Jones 18 yds/ AJ Dillon 11 yds

5. Chuba Hubbard 35 yds/ Miles Sanders 32 yds

6. Rachaad White 26 yds 

7. Gus Edwards 64 yds

8. Josh Jacobs 61 yds

9. BYE

10. Austin Ekeler 67 yds

11. Khalil Herbert 35 yds 

12. AJ Dillon 43 yds 

13. Alvin Kamara 51 yds 

14. D’Onta Foreman 50 yds 

15. Samaje Perine 37 yds/ Javonte Williams 27 yds

16. Ty Chandler 17 yds

17. Tony Pollard 49 yds 

18. Ty Chandler 69 yds 

Like I said, strength on strength. 

Running backs and the run game was mostly what got me into football growing up so if I watch the game I really want two of the best rush attacks to go beast mode in this game.