NFC Wild Card: 6. Los Angeles Rams (10-7) @ Detroit Lions (12-5) Sunday Night Football

Louis Friend

Rams @ Lions   

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets revenge?

On 1/11/2024 at 7:55 PM, CP3MVP said:

Apparently people are really high on the rams. They feel they have the better HC, Defense, and QB 

I heard that too and I have no idea why they think our defense is better lol. It's punched above its weight for a chunk of the season but still a below average unit overall.

On 1/10/2024 at 12:22 PM, MaddHatter said:

I recall them having everyone healthy vs Dallas and other than the miscommunication between Stafford and Cupp on the route change for the blitz that led to the pick-6 by Bland, the offense didn’t look like the problem - it was their D that gave up 4 TDs

I am soaking up the positive media talk this week because it's effectively everyone eating crow for how they thought this season would go.

However, our defense and special teams will prevent us from winning more than one playoff game unless a miracle happens and we end up playing Tampa or Philly and prevents us from being an actual contender IMO.

I think our offense can play with anyone so we may hang around, but those two units just aren't good enough.

If we did play Dallas again, it would likely be closer because of Kyren and the run game. Dallas basically scored 16 points on defense/ST (one TD after a long punt return) and our run game with Kyren is one of the best versus without him (and we didn't have him for Dallas).

But I think our best case against Dallas would be a close loss similar to the Ravens game

6 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

I heard that too and I have no idea why they think our defense is better lol. It's punched above its weight for a chunk of the season but still a below average unit overall.

Probably because Nick Mullens has over 800 passing yards on them in 2 games. Our defense has been more consistently mediocre, the Lions is more boom or bust. 

Edited by LeotheLion

7 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

It’s been 11,700 days since the Detroit Lions won a playoff game. That ends tonight. 😎

In 1991, Saddam Hussain was the world's top villain, and Nirvana was just starting to hit the music scene. When someone's last playoff win takes people to a trip down memory lane, that means it's time to win another one.

• Like 1