Playoffs! Rd. 1 -Green Bay at Dallas- House Money Game

Refugee

Every time I watch Rhyan vs Runyan I came away with..

Runyan is battling out there, putting in the work. Doing a solid job, but hanging on. Like youre not getting past him but your gonna be solid in your gap. but then I see more and more and maybe the only thing he's lacking is drive skills.

vs

Rhyan is figuring it out. Rhyan is just physically superior. He could either be a (good) problem next year. Or he never figures out the hand/foot placement/coordination of the league. Just times he's lunging at dudes he doesnt need to. Feet stop and he gets in trouble. 

I suppose i can make my thoughts one TLDR post. because who really cares about my ramblings.

Not a guy who lives up to his draft profile more than the Duff man. That's a LBers LB. by which i mean old school. dont put him in coverage, a real base LB. really think we should platoon him with Nixon/Owens/other next year.

In that vein, Guteys been nailing the role players. Slaton is a damn stout plug.

Enagbare has a shot at fetching us a 3rd in a couple years, dude folds a pocket, counters just arent really there

Gilmore had a TOUGH day at the office. even when he was right he was wrong. Ran doubs route, and boom route switch. got emmmm Lafleur special.

Zach Tom plays with GREAT pad level, guy gets a surprising amount of movement in the run game when he gets under his guy. This guy

Man I still like Wooden I just think hes about the 4th guy at every spot on the depth chart he can occupy. good problems to have. on his goal line stand he does a solid job, even against the double. but there's not enough beef there too really man anything past the 5 regularly and theres 4 other better edge guys. Im excited for his growth path, think he could be a better Morgan Fox.

LOL the Musgrave TD just ATE up the cowboys. its so glorious. If the one guy available follows Msugrave deep theres a screen thats gonna pick up damn near as much.

Without doing a deep dive I feel like we (I) underrate Quay. Im back to being super hype on the guy.

Preston really settled into stud 2nd rusher, Guy can beat 1v1's. Think we should run it back with him. I was too quick to move on from him, thats steady eddy right there.

I dont think they move to replace Myers this year.. i just really dont.

Eric Wilson has to be so happy the league hasnt eliminated returns yet.

Im far from sold that Jordans make a good cleat... looks great though.

Owens. please dont put him centerfield. just stop.

Need better depth at RB. Taylor is a PS talent. at 48-24 there was room to run and it just wasnt enough from the back. I dont know why Wilson isnt getting these carries. Tells me he isnt it either.

Royce desperately needs a change of scenery.

AJJ>>Owens deep.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Every time I watch Rhyan vs Runyan I came away with..

Runyan is battling out there, putting in the work. Doing a solid job, but hanging on.

vs

Rhyan is figuring it out. Rhyan is just physically superior. He could either be a (good) problem next year. Or he never figures out the hand/foot placement/coordination of the league. Just times he's lunging at dudes he doesnt need to. Feet stop and he gets in trouble. 

I can’t believe it’s the playoffs and we’re still rotating these guys. Yet another hilarious detail in a uniquely strange and fun season. 

• Like 2

woops.

blame victory wine.

Ill take this post to say

Wooden collided with Enagbares knee, outside inward. Enagbare doesnt immediately collapse instead limping around on it. So thats what? MCL right? hopefully it isnt torn. He plays another play but it clearly isnt right.

Edited by HighCalebR

14 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I can’t believe it’s the playoffs and we’re still rotating these guys. Yet another hilarious detail in a uniquely strange and fun season. 

SO STRANGE.

I wont believe it isnt a first.

Also if you asked me during the game if they were rotating I'd have no idea.

(credit LaFleur/Love this things just so smooth)

Edited by HighCalebR

7 hours ago, Isherwood said:

A week or two ago someone asked about Rodgers and the difference between this year and last, and he said “I’m TIRED of talking about last year” and it was so emphatic. I think it was the same presser where he said Love was “cares about the right schit”, which also felt like a pointed comment.

I 100% believe McGinn’s “The Packers are DISGUSTED with Aaron Rodgers” column. The source was dead on. 

Yeah, people can trash McGinn, but that guy still has legit sources around the league.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Isherwood said:

So when is this going to ACTUALLY stop being worth your time, like you said? 

I started a personal drinking game last night where I had to take a nice big gulp of my Captain/Coke every time NFZ showed up to say he was done in here.

Now I have to be online for work, and I realize what a terrible idea that was.

• Like 4

That was the most fun I've had watching a Packers game in years. The beginning reminded me of Favre leading the Pack into SF in '95 and dominating from the first snap. The middle reminded me of Rodgers and crew taking it to Atlanta in '11. By the end Love was making throws both those guys only made at the absolute peak of their powers. It's absolutely unreal that this is his first season as a starter. And that draws back memories of Mahomes in 2018.

Edited by Mr Anonymous
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Pretty much.  I’ve never seen a guy so needy for attention and validation (outside of Aaron Rodgers).  I imagine he wasn’t hugged as a child.

NFZ is most definitely in need of a darkness retreat.  He needs a reset.

• Like 1

Just watched MM and Jerry's pressers, couple of quotes I took away:

"I want to give Green Bay and their defence great credit, that defence messed with Dak's mind and this was not expected, I'm still in shock and this whole game is a blur to me, I thought we would be hosting a game next week." Jerry Jones

"We couldn't get Dak into a rhythm early on and that's a credit to the Packers defence, it's something we haven't encountered in practice or in a game, it was so good and I wish Dan Quinn could have done something similar to slow down Jordan Love who simply did what he wanted to do all night long." Mike McCarthy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

As good as Ferguson was CeeDee was the complete opposite. Wonder what went on with him this week thats abnormal performance from the guy.

while ferguson started the game an absolute demon, blocking really well too.

Yeah, Lamb was off his game right from the jump.  Dak and Mac both went out of their way trying to get his head right. I was wondering if Lamb had off field stuff going on.

10 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Just watched MM and Jerry's pressers, couple of quotes I took away:

"I want to give Green Bay and their defence great credit, that defence messed with Dak's mind and this was not expected, I'm still in shock and this whole game is a blur to me, I thought we would be hosting a game next week." Jerry Jones

"We couldn't get Dak into a rhythm early on and that's a credit to the Packers defence, it's something we haven't encountered in practice or in a game, it was so good and I wish Dan Quinn could have done something similar to slow down Jordan Love who simply did what he wanted to do all night long." Mike McCarthy

Forgive my slowness, but I am quite hungover, and not prepared to look anything up myself.

Are those real quotes?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Forgive my slowness, but I am quite hungover, and not prepared to look anything up myself.

Are those real quotes?

Of course they are real. What do you take me for? I have no agenda to push here

• Like 1