Playoffs! Rd. 1 -Green Bay at Dallas- House Money Game

Refugee

4 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Just watched MM and Jerry's pressers, couple of quotes I took away:

"I want to give Green Bay and their defence great credit, that defence messed with Dak's mind and this was not expected, I'm still in shock and this whole game is a blur to me, I thought we would be hosting a game next week." Jerry Jones

"We couldn't get Dak into a rhythm early on and that's a credit to the Packers defence, it's something we haven't encountered in practice or in a game, it was so good and I wish Dan Quinn could have done something similar to slow down Jordan Love who simply did what he wanted to do all night long." Mike McCarthy

wow mike, pass the buck much?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

wow mike, pass the buck much?

This is sad. McCarthy knows people are getting fired and he's trying to scapegoat. That is not his character. 

His problem is the offense was awful until the game was already over. 

Major changes are coming to Dallas. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

This is sad. McCarthy knows people are getting fired and he's trying to scapegoat. That is not his character. 

His problem is the offense was awful until the game was already over. 

Major changes are coming to Dallas. 

To clarify I was just messing around, these are fake quotes. My apologies

However, Rex Ryan was firmly blaming the loss on the defence 

3 hours ago, Isherwood said:

Boy, I mean, I like seeing the Vikings & Bears lose in the playoffs, but this guy seems unhealthily invested in it. I hope he doesn’t mix guns and alcohol because he’s going to hurt himself someday. 

I think he's quite aware that he's creating packers content for us to enjoy.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Tell me you are posting in your mom's basement while in your jammies without telling me you are posting in your mom's basement in your jammies.

all I know is I personally cashed in a lot of good boy points for extra tendies last night

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brit Pack said:

Thanks for the clarification! Makes me feel better knowing McCarthy didn't actually say that. 

I saw this and still think Rex Ryan is an *******. Dak was terrible until the game was long over. Two picks in the first half, both resulting in TDs. Dak sucked in the game. 

3 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

man i thought so until you had a clarifying post.  Damn.

I got fake Adam Scheftered last week but this mightve been worse

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Dan Quinn had his Barry moment yesterday, he played with 6+ defensive backs on 48 of 54 snaps (according to Rex Ryan), the live broadcast even picked up on that, why was Dan playing such a light box, made the run game easy and the play action easy. 

To me it seems all DCs are dumb for some reason. 

Also bringing in anyone from the Dallas coaching tree e.g. Al Harris etc is a definite no-no for me, that is if we do move on from Barry....

They were playing the run solid early. Love threw them out of holes. The problem is even with extra DB, Love was shredding them. They could have survived the run if they had shut down the pass.

36 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Dan Quinn had his Barry moment yesterday, he played with 6+ defensive backs on 48 of 54 snaps (according to Rex Ryan), the live broadcast even picked up on that, why was Dan playing such a light box, made the run game easy and the play action easy. 

To me it seems all DCs are dumb for some reason. 

Also bringing in anyone from the Dallas coaching tree e.g. Al Harris etc is a definite no-no for me, that is if we do move on from Barry....

Dallas has played far superior defense to GB all year long, this is a one game overreaction. If Dan Quinn is fired, I would take him over Barry in a heartbeat. 

This defense is only performing right now because our offensive minded HC is babysitting it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Dallas has played far superior defense to GB all year long, this is a one game overreaction. If Dan Quinn is fired, I would take him over Barry in a heartbeat. 

This defense is only performing right now because our offensive minded HC is babysitting it.

Well don't take the pacifier out of Barry's mouth until after we win the Super Bowl! 

Kinda crazy, Dallas had 90 snaps to 56 for Packers.  Dallas has more time of possession, naturally.  Almost 100 more yards (510 to 415).  Dak had 132 more yards than Love.  

Heh heh, if you'd told m before that game:

1. Dallas out-TOP us,
  2. Dak throw for >100 more yards than Love
  3. Dallas outsnap up 90 to 56
  4. Reed-Wicks-Melton-Watson would combine for 41 yards

I would never have imagined that it would be a domination game!  Crazy what an any-given Sunday, matchup league it is.  

7 minutes ago, craig said:

Van Ness had his career high.  50 snaps, interesting.  55-50-40-39 for Smith, Van Ness, JJ, and Gary.  Curious that Gary's snaps were so few, was he hurt?  Will be interesting how Barry manages their rotations with Enagbare out. I think he's usually kept them playing in pairs, but he'll need to devise some new rotation system.