Playoffs! Rd. 1 -Green Bay at Dallas- House Money Game

Refugee

Dallas is very good.  Dallas is favored for a bunch of good reasons.  Dallas has a good offense, and we don't have a good defense.  

Packers will need to play very well, not turn the ball over or at least not turn it over more than Dallas does.  And convert some TD's not just FG-attempts when we get downfield.  Offense is going to need to score points.  

Packers scored only 17 points versus Bears, and prior to Panthers/Vikes, hadn't hit 30 points since Chicago opener.  Good chance we may need to be pushing 30 points to win?  A lot of responsibility on the offense.  Possessions will be precious, so won't want to waste many with penalty, inaccurate throws, dropped balls.  Offense needs to make it happen.  

Don't expect defense to stifle anybody, but need to get a few stops.  A sack or several would sure help.  

Should be really fun opportunity for the Packers.  No expectations, no pressure, but would sure be fun to play very well, to at last keep it close, and to maybe even pull out a win.  Any given Sunday!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Meh, I always judge a team by what they've been doing most recently. Dallas struggled to beat the Lions at home a few weeks ago, a team comparable to us, and also a team with a pretty weak defense.

Dallas is the same team they've been the last few years. They are good overall, they really beat up on bad teams, and they are very beatable by teams .500 or better. 

I think you're diminishing Dallas to prop up our chances.  We are not comparable to Detroit since we're clearly a tier below.  Our team has a catastrophically poor defense defending the middle of the field.  Detroit does not.

I don't think Dallas is the same team as always.  Unlike previous years their offense is actually very very good.  Their defense has remained excellent.

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

I think you're diminishing Dallas to prop up our chances.  We are not comparable to Detroit since we're clearly a tier below.  Our team has a catastrophically poor defense defending the middle of the field.  Detroit does not.

I don't think Dallas is the same team as always.  Unlike previous years their offense is actually very very good.  Their defense has remained excellent.

No chance this is correct. Detroit was hot garbage the second half of the season for the most part. Their defense is just awful the second half of the season. You may have found some stat to support the idea they are decent in the center of the field defensively. I can tell you having watched them more than I care to admit, they have been getting gouged in the center of the field most of the second half of the year. They did get CJ Johnson-Gardner back last week. That may help down the road, but he was awful his last week back.

I think the Rams are going to roll them and Campbell makes at least two very bad decisions. 

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I think the Rams are going to roll them and Campbell makes at least two very bad decisions. 

well, I do agree the Rams are the better version of the packers, and I would much rather play the Lions.

38 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

My best comparison is that this Dallas team kind of reminds me of the 2011 Packers. They give off the illusion of being a complete team (like the Niners for example) when you see the high scoring games on offense and a defense that generated a lot of sacks and turnovers against lesser teams. But they don't have a balanced offense and their defense isn't a whole lot different than ours in the sense that it pretty much lives or dies on them getting pressure. They may very well beat us but they are an entire tier below a team like SF. They are very beatable. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

My best comparison is that this Dallas team kind of reminds me of the 2011 Packers. They give off the illusion of being a complete team (like the Niners for example) when you see the high scoring games on offense and a defense that generated a lot of sacks and turnovers against lesser teams. But they don't have a balanced offense and their defense isn't a whole lot different than ours in the sense that it pretty much lives or dies on them getting pressure. They may very well beat us but they are an entire tier below a team like SF. They are very beatable. 

I would be way more concerned about this 2023 GB team facing the 2011 Packers than I am about them facing the 2023 Cowboys.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

No Alexander at practice. Don't think it's important at all for him to practice as swelling management should be the priority vs practicing. That said, dude needs to tape it up and go Sunday or what's coming for him will not be pretty. 

I'm usually Mr. Pessimistic when it comes to injuries around here and I'd be pretty shocked if Alexander didn't play. Packers are actually making a smart decision by not practicing him today. Why would you? Practice is irrelevant at this point. The gameplan is ready, get Alexander some extra rest and he'll be ready to go. Barry even seemed to indicate yesterday that Ja was looking/feeling pretty good. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

No Alexander at practice. Don't think it's important at all for him to practice as swelling management should be the priority vs practicing. That said, dude needs to tape it up and go Sunday or what's coming for him will not be pretty. 

if he's hurt he's hurt idk.  It's not his fault he got hurt

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The gameplan is ready,

does it include JA playing a ton of man vs CeeDee and then what do you do if he's not available?

If he were practicing it would give the staff a lot more confidence building a plan around his skills, no?

This is a pretty bad injury at a pretty bad time, even if it's a minor injury

16 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

if he's hurt he's hurt idk.  It's not his fault he got hurt

I highly doubt you can create enough torque in a walk-through style practice to create anything more than your low grade ankle sprain from rolling your ankle. That can be played through, HS players tape that up and play through. 

If I'm wrong and he somehow injured it worse, yeah nothing you can do other than wonder how, the bad ones usually come from full speed play. 

15 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

does it include JA playing a ton of man vs CeeDee and then what do you do if he's not available?

If he were practicing it would give the staff a lot more confidence building a plan around his skills, no?

This is a pretty bad injury at a pretty bad time, even if it's a minor injury

I don't think you'll see a ton of man on CD or the Cowboys anyways. I expect quite a bit of Cover 3. 

23 hours ago, incognito_man said:

KR is meaningless.

Nixon is still the best of them.

It's such an irrelevant position with such a limited dataset what else are you going to determine an All- Pro by?

Who should be the all-pro KR of not Nixon and why?

from Aaron Schatz:

Picking a kick returner is hard because nobody returns kicks anymore. I went with a more consistent KaVontae Turpin over a couple of guys who just happened to have touchdowns. As for Keisean Nixon of the Packers, he led the NFL in kick return yards solely because he returns so many more kickoffs than everyone else! Nixon had 30 returns, Xavier Gipson of the Jets had 22, and nobody else had more than 18! Nixon's value over average on returns was only +1.1 points.

https://www.ftnfantasy.com/articles/FTN/114021/aaron-schatz-my-2023-all-pro-ballot

Interesting, idk what +1.1 is since i don't pay for FTN subscription, but it sounds a) positive and b) not that impactful since he says it was "only" +1.1

• Like 1