Wild Card Round GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I’m certainly not excusing the whole year away because of a semi-serious knee injury. By my accounts he regressed. 15 INTs is too far a tumble off of last year. I also know coaching did him no favors. And I can’t begin to get on board with the notion that he needs to go the way of Wentz. He’s earned the right to try and get back to 2022 form. I don’t think that’s unrealistic or unreasonable. I do, however, think that he needs help getting there. Argument aside, I don’t think he’s a QB that can just go out there and play and dominate. Not yet anyway. He’s going to need somebody to install a system that suits him or plays to his strengths. Or at least someone to collaborate with. He does have to begin to figure it out and do it by himself if he wants to elevate himself. Not that I think it’s completely necessary to win. But it certainly helps. 

I will say one positive with the INTs is that he wasn't failing to read defenses and making terrible throws that defenders were jumping on. Feels like half his INTs were from forcing deep balls. Quite a few times his WRs did him no favors fighting for the ball either. Then he had a couple of INTs that were deflected although he threw the ball straight into the defenders face. Those type of INTs feel easily fixable. Now if he had a bunch of INTs like the one that ended the Jets game or the one in the Vikings game where he just doesn't see someone in the middle of the field, then I'd be concerned. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I will respond to football posts with football posts.  You might not like my answers.  Not my problem.

Insults have zero to do with football. That is your problem. I've asked twice now. Just leave me be. We don't like each other and that's cool. If you wanna squash it you can reach out. If not leave me out of the bs

44 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

I will say one positive with the INTs is that he wasn't failing to read defenses and making terrible throws that defenders were jumping on. Feels like half his INTs were from forcing deep balls. Quite a few times his WRs did him no favors fighting for the ball either. Then he had a couple of INTs that were deflected although he threw the ball straight into the defenders face. Those type of INTs feel easily fixable. Now if he had a bunch of INTs like the one that ended the Jets game or the one in the Vikings game where he just doesn't see someone in the middle of the field, then I'd be concerned. 

You can’t excuse away that many. He’s definitely regressed in decision making. He was phenomenal with it last year. It’s been in question since. The INTs are the product of that. Bailing from the pocket early, etc. It’s a problem. I don’t blame him entirely. But he’s got some improving to do. 

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

You can’t excuse away that many. He’s definitely regressed in decision making. He was phenomenal with it last year. It’s been in question since. The INTs are the product of that. Bailing from the pocket early, etc. It’s a problem. I don’t blame him entirely. But he’s got some improving to do. 

Sure, but it seems Johnson stressed pushing the ball downfield. I think they were obviously forcing those plays way too much this year. I remember INTs vs the Seahawks, Bucs, Rams, and Giants(deep ball when Julio was the #1 target lol) that were just forced balls that shouldn't be hard to correct. He also had the hail mary at the end of the Cards game that was picked. He had the other deep ball to Quez in the Seahawks game which was completely on Quez for not giving an ounce of effort, defender had his back turned and it was single coverage, Quez is just a very soft player. The INT against the Giants was because Goedert fell down and another one vs the Jets was actually a Goedert fumble they ruled an INT. Point is, I'm not concerned about those plays. 

4 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Sure, but it seems Johnson stressed pushing the ball downfield. I think they were obviously forcing those plays way too much this year. I remember INTs vs the Seahawks, Bucs, Rams, and Giants(deep ball when Julio was the #1 target lol) that were just forced balls that shouldn't be hard to correct. He also had the hail mary at the end of the Cards game that was picked. He had the other deep ball to Quez in the Seahawks game which was completely on Quez for not giving an ounce of effort, defender had his back turned and it was single coverage, Quez is just a very soft player. The INT against the Giants was because Goedert fell down and another one vs the Jets was actually a Goedert fumble they ruled an INT. Point is, I'm not concerned about those plays. 

I don’t disagree. Not all are his fault. It’s been more than just INTs though. 

38 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I don’t disagree. Not all are his fault. It’s been more than just INTs though. 

Yeah, I'd say the INTs and the rolling out of the pocket constantly were the biggest issues. Like I said, I'm not concerned about the INTs moving forward so much and he did fix the bailing from the pocket issue once so lets hope he can do that again with better coaching.

• Like 1