Wild Card Round GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You can't ignore the issues. Acknowledge them and figure out how to hide/fix them. He isn't Mahomes/Burrow/Allen, but he is good enough to win a lot of football games in the right spot. We need a coach who can give him some help, not call four verts vs a 0 blitz every down.

I can agree with this. Id never say he's those guys. They're all elite passers. Hurts has arm talent but not there's. Hybrid QBs are sweet too though. Just gotta get the right coaching 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

This is just semantics at this point. If he’s not actively being treated, he’s not going to be listed. If he slightly tore his meniscus and it causes discomfort but all it needs is rest, I’m not really sure what he can do, for instance. We have these comparisons in sports all the time. Is Hurts at 85% better than Mariota fully healthy? You can make your arguments.  But he didn’t look healthy to me. And if he wasn’t, maybe we should have not put him into position to use his legs. Or not commit to the run. Or get him more exposed to 3 step drop and throws. Design some stuff that’s not predicated on his legs. Besides all that, he’s going to have another year to prove himself. Asking for Jalen to be gone is just yelling into the wind. 

That's why I said if it comes out he needs a knee procedure cool whatever.  From everything we've learned he had a bone bruise.  Cool, that's not an excuse for how he played this season.

42 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I can agree with this. Id never say he's those guys. They're all elite passers. Hurts has arm talent but not there's. Hybrid QBs are sweet too though. Just gotta get the right coaching 

Hurts has below average arm talent.  List of QB's off the top of my head that easily have more arm talent:

Mahomes

Allen

Burrow

Lamar

Herbert

Stafford

Murray

Tua

Watson

Stroud

Levis

Wilson

Richardson

And at least 10 guys that are probably debatable

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

That's why I said if it comes out he needs a knee procedure cool whatever.  From everything we've learned he had a bone bruise.  Cool, that's not an excuse for how he played this season.

I’m certainly not excusing the whole year away because of a semi-serious knee injury. By my accounts he regressed. 15 INTs is too far a tumble off of last year. I also know coaching did him no favors. And I can’t begin to get on board with the notion that he needs to go the way of Wentz. He’s earned the right to try and get back to 2022 form. I don’t think that’s unrealistic or unreasonable. I do, however, think that he needs help getting there. Argument aside, I don’t think he’s a QB that can just go out there and play and dominate. Not yet anyway. He’s going to need somebody to install a system that suits him or plays to his strengths. Or at least someone to collaborate with. He does have to begin to figure it out and do it by himself if he wants to elevate himself. Not that I think it’s completely necessary to win. But it certainly helps. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CasperX22 said:

Hurts has below average arm talent.  List of QB's off the top of my head that easily have more arm talent:

Mahomes

Allen

Burrow

Lamar

Herbert

Stafford

Murray

Tua

Watson

Stroud

Levis

Wilson

Richardson

And at least 10 guys that are probably debatable

That's all opinion based. I don't like at least 6 of those. Like I said that's an opinion mines and yours

Just now, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

That's all opinion based. I don't like at least 6 of those. Like I said that's an opinion mines and yours

It's not really an opinion at all.  Arm talent doesn't = great QB, but each and every single one of those QB's has pretty unquestionably more arm talent.  Sam Bradford had really good arm talent, but he was not a good QB.  Jeff George had great arm talent.  I don't think anyone is putting him in the hall of fame.

Just now, CasperX22 said:

It's not really an opinion at all.  Arm talent doesn't = great QB, but each and every single one of those QB's has pretty unquestionably more arm talent.  Sam Bradford had really good arm talent, but he was not a good QB.  Jeff George had great arm talent.  I don't think anyone is putting him in the hall of fame.

You listing QBs who's arms you like more is an opinion. Like I said there's 6 I don't like that you listed. The others I agree

4 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Name the 6.

Your listed started strong and flamed out. Agree to disagree. 

You want a statue QB and that's fine. I want a dual threat. There's not many guys like Josh Allen or Lamar that you get an awesome in every category down the QB list

Stroud is the only young guy I'd think about too. The rest haven't proved anything even remotely

Can't believe we're still arguing about hurts when there's 57 things more wrong with this team

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Whether you like them or not, it is a fact they have superior arm talent.

Throwing the ball really far is arm talent I guess lol. You just like to argue. Stop quoting me Jesus. It's getting weird now. Everyone agreed to stop the Bs. So stop and leave me be. You don't like me I don't like you. It's simple 

10 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Throwing the ball really far is arm talent I guess lol. You just like to argue. Stop quoting me Jesus. It's getting weird now. Everyone agreed to stop the Bs. So stop and leave me be. You don't like me I don't like you. It's simple 

I am responding to a football opinion with a football opinion.  That is the primary purpose of this place.

15 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I am responding to a football opinion with a football opinion.  That is the primary purpose of this place.

Yeah disregard the insult and everything else. Understood.

Whenever you wanna drop this whole beef you got going lmk. If you're not willing to do that then just leave me be. Don't think that's a lot to ask. I've unblocked and thought everyone agreed to drop the bs. Please do that also. Have a good night

16 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Yeah disregard the insult and everything else. Understood.

Whenever you wanna drop this whole beef you got going lmk. If you're not willing to do that then just leave me be. Don't think that's a lot to ask. I've unblocked and thought everyone agreed to drop the bs. Please do that also. Have a good night

I will respond to football posts with football posts.  You might not like my answers.  Not my problem.