Wild Card Round GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

The same people saying Jalen just needs a new coordinator to fix everything are the same people who were complaining he gets a new coordinator every year and that's why he never developed....maybe, just maybe the SB season was a stand out and not the rule when it comes to him. You guys were quick to say 10-1 when people questioned him throughout the season are now just throwing the coaching to the wolves and ignoring all of jalen's blame in this collapse. He is an average QB surrounded by great talent. He is a B- QB being paid like a HoFer 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

The same people saying Jalen just needs a new coordinator to fix everything are the same people who were complaining he gets a new coordinator every year and that's why he never developed....maybe, just maybe the SB season was a stand out and not the rule when it comes to him. You guys were quick to say 10-1 when people questioned him throughout the season are now just throwing the coaching to the wolves and ignoring all of jalen's blame in this collapse. He is an average QB surrounded by great talent. He is a B- QB being paid like a HoFer 

Both sides don't even know yet for sure. 

So if he gets a great coordinator and goes back to dominating then what will the excuse be?

We've seen a dominate year and a solid year back to back. I'll take that every day of the week compared to majority of the franchises in the NFL. Do you guys wanna go thru the Giants mess? Washington? Denver? Seattle? And tons more?

Neither side is close to being right and neither will know till another year or two. Stop acting like you guys know for sure lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

The blame on hurts is sickening when there's 59 other things first

Far from the worst thing that was happening with this team, mostly because you could see how stupid the play calling/scheme was.

But it’s your franchise QB that you just put a wedding ring on…he needs to be better and help fix things going forward.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

So if he gets a great coordinator and goes back to dominating then what will the excuse be?

We've seen a dominate year and a solid year back to back. I'll take that every day of the week compared to majority of the franchises in the NFL. Do you guys wanna go thru the Giants mess? Washington? Denver? Seattle? And tons more?

Neither side is close to being right and neither will know till another year or two. Stop acting like you guys know for sure lol

Dominant?  He's never thrown more than 23 touchdowns in a year. Our definition of dominant is different.  I consider last year highly efficient, hell on an elite level.... dominant is what Mahomes does almost every year. Mahomes with this squad would throw 50 TDs a season. Hurts numbers are inflated by him getting pushed across the goal line. He's good at what he does, but he doesn't read the field well and if he ever loses half a step speed wise, he is done.

37 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

17 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Dominant?  He's never thrown more than 23 touchdowns in a year. Our definition of dominant is different.  I consider last year highly efficient, hell on an elite level.... dominant is what Mahomes does almost every year. Mahomes with this squad would throw 50 TDs a season. Hurts numbers are inflated by him getting pushed across the goal line. He's good at what he does, but he doesn't read the field well and if he ever loses half a step speed wise, he is done.

Career high is 23 passing TD's, CJ Stroud did that as a rookie.

Career high is 3858 passing yards, CJ Stroud passed for 4108 as a rookie, in 15 games and 39 less passing attempts than Hurts had this year.

Career best Int% is 1.3% last year, CJ Stroud 1.0% as a rookie.

Career high QB rating is 101.5 last year, CJ Stroud 100.8 as a rookie.

Jalen needs to evolve and be a franchise QB and carry the team with his arm.

Edited by downundermike

Convenient to ignore or take away the thing a player does best. We were ultra successful last year because there wasn’t much you do to stop the offense successfully. The option pass/run was an absolute headache for opposing teams to defend. We all saw Jalen was not 100% physically healthy from early on. That puts a damper on the offense. We all saw how atrocious the play calling was and the  lack of commitment to the running game. 

He absolutely deserves blame though.  It’s hard to find sustained success in this league and once you find it, teams tend to find a way to counter it. You have to counter the counter. Personally I blame that on coaching. I don’t expect coaches to be so good they have the answer to everything. But for the same problems to linger for 2 months is an indictment on your coach’s adjustment to play calling or their imagination of development of actually plays. We’ve heard up and down this year opposing teams saying the book is out or they were telegraphing our plays. That’s not on the  QB. They all share blame absolutely. Hurts isn’t above it. There were multiple times he failed individually. But I’ll say, if you find a guy that was very successful as a player and if he hasnt changed physically, a good coach should be able to draw it out of him even if the conditions aren’t perfect. I think on both sides of the ball, players weren’t doing what they were best at. Thats coaching and play calling. 

• Like 1

Unless we see in the next few days Hurts getting knee surgery, then we can put this narrative to bed that he was playing through injury all season.  A bone bruise hurts like a *****, but that's an excuse.  Here's the thing, even as bad as the play calling was all year honestly ask yours this; would this team have collapsed like this if Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, or any other elite QB is manning this offense?  If the answer is no, and the answer is definitely no, then Hurts is 100% a problem.  To what extent he is to blame for this can be debated, but there is no debate about whether he is one of the 3-4 biggest reasons this team fell apart.  Does anyone think it's a good look when Hurts is sitting at the end of the bench getting chewed out by players? AJ was one thing because he's a spicy one, but when Dallas is literally chewing you out or you're getting into a spat with Kelce, or Lane sounds like he's directly indirectly calling you out in the press? That's a completely different story.  I don't think Hurts teammates believe in him and I think this myth about what a great leader and locker room presence can be put to rest.  Like this is Wentz all over again.  Give him the Wentz treatment and blow this up.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Unless we see in the next few days Hurts getting knee surgery, then we can put this narrative to bed that he was playing through injury all season.  A bone bruise hurts like a *****, but that's an excuse.  Here's the thing, even as bad as the play calling was all year honestly ask yours this; would this team have collapsed like this if Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, or any other elite QB is manning this offense?  If the answer is no, and the answer is definitely no, then Hurts is 100% a problem.  To what extent he is to blame for this can be debated, but there is no debate about whether he is one of the 3-4 biggest reasons this team fell apart.  Does anyone think it's a good look when Hurts is sitting at the end of the bench getting chewed out by players? AJ was one thing because he's a spicy one, but when Dallas is literally chewing you out or you're getting into a spat with Kelce, or Lane sounds like he's directly indirectly calling you out in the press? That's a completely different story.  I don't think Hurts teammates believe in him and I think this myth about what a great leader and locker room presence can be put to rest.  Like this is Wentz all over again.  Give him the Wentz treatment and blow this up.

I don’t know if anyone can say his “injury” isn’t serious enough. How do we know? Sometimes severe injuries just need rest. Anyone that has simply twisted their ankle playing pickup basketball knows it’s an injury that lingers.  Hard to rest when you’re playing football at a high level every week. It isn’t anything we can determine for ourselves, surgery or not. If a guy that requires his legs, like Hurts, to be successful then even a strain could be hindering. 

It’s just an awful quick assessment on a young QB to say he’s got to go. I agree nothing this year has pretty good optics but we know there’s an awful lot of blame to go around. He had a promising year, an mvp type year and a regressed year. I don’t think anyone can say for sure they know what kind of player he is, good or bad. But if youre making your definitive assessment after this year when mostly everything went wrong, I find that hard to swallow. A regressed year where he went to the playoffs I think I can work with. Get him coaching or play calling that compliments his strengths then I think you can determine his future better. 

• Like 1