Wild Card Round GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

6 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I'm genuinely asking as an outsider looking in, what the hell happened to the Eagles? I remember early on AJ Brown looked unstoppable and then somewhere towards the second half of the season he just looked completely pedestrian. I want to be able to point to any one thing, but I've never seen a collapse of this magnitude in the NFL before. 

Offensive coaching is BY FAR the worst in the NFL… and that’s not an overreaction. Basically any competent football mind in the media talks about how poorly designed the Eagles offense is.

Defensively, it is mainly personnel. Corners are old, linebackers stink, and safeties aren’t good either. Just all around that side needs an overhaul.

Edited by Wentz you dog you

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

This is the 4th coach since Big Red. 

All 4 had very successful 1st 2 years and then just bottomed out hard in year 3.

That can’t be a weird coincidence

It’s very odd, especially with a lot of them not being the first choices

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

This is the 4th coach since Big Red. 

All 4 had very successful 1st 2 years and then just bottomed out hard in year 3.

That can’t be a weird coincidence

**** it hire everyone on a 2 year contract and let them walk.... ez.

3 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

What has EB done to be proven as a “QB Guy” lol… “QB Guy” when they play the eagles. I agree with that. Other than that, basically every WAS fan thinks he wasn’t very good.

Once again, not advocating for EB and I don’t think he’s a great option but I think he’ll get strong consideration here. He checks multiple boxes - AR guy, check; has success with young QBs, check; runs a fun offense and will call plays, check. 

Not my guy, not advocating for him but he’s a realistic option. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I can't believe how far my opinion has regressed on Jalen in one year. Like I don't know if I'm comfortable with him as my QB going into next season. He will be but my opinion has plummeted on him. Looks like an average qb to me.

Bc he was always an avg QB.

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Once again, not advocating for EB and I don’t think he’s a great option but I think he’ll get strong consideration here. He checks multiple boxes - AR guy, check; has success with young QBs, check; runs a fun offense and will call plays, check. 

Not my guy, not advocating for him but he’s a realistic option. 

Fair… personally I disagree. I think he has a zero percent chance of landing a HC gig and there’s a reason why he hasn’t interviewed anywhere yet for a HC position 

Just now, CasperX22 said:

Bc he was always an avg QB.

Last year he was unbelievable. Flashes this year but average overall. Question is how much is that on him vs the coaching. He does a lot of things that drive me nuts. And the stoicism is maddening.

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I think there is something in the Laurie/Howie dynamic that works really well in short bursts but is unsustainable long term….

Not being able to draft defensive players or get the right guys to develop behind stars like at wideout tends to crop up every time.

Like being good at getting guys on the line is nice, keeps you from bottoming out. But when you have to rely on FA/trades every year to fill key pieces of the back 7 of your defense or have no one that can step up outside your stars… it’s hard to last.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Not being able to draft defensive players or get the right guys to develop behind stars like at wideout tends to crop up every time.

Like being good at getting guys on the line is nice, keeps you from bottoming out. But when you have to rely on FA/trades every year to fill key pieces of the back 7 of your defense or have no one that can step up outside your stars… it’s hard to last.

But it seems like the internal organization crumbles between Howie/Laurie and the coach after 3 years every time 

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Big emphasis on drafting - Reagor, Jordan Davis (he sucks), Nolan Smith, Jurgens, Kvon, Dean, Brown, etc. They all sucks. We have far too many misses in the draft than other successful teams. 

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

Big emphasis on drafting - Reagor, Jordan Davis (he sucks), Nolan Smith, Jurgens, Kvon, Dean, Brown, etc. They all sucks. We have far too many misses in the draft than other successful teams. 

Idk about Smith or Jurgens,