Wild Card Round GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Jalen has to be better obviously, but if you can’t see how this offensive scheme is letting him down at almost every turn is just being purposely clueless. This offense is beyond remedial and provides so little in terms of answers. Defenses know what we’ll be running most of the time. He’s not the biggest problem with the Eagles offense. Hopefully we are smart enough to clean house and find a competent offensive mind to pair with him like he had when Steichen was here.

• Like 2

That last sentence basically saying what I am. We all know Hurts is a flawed QB, but it’s exacerbated by this offensive scheme. 

He also probably hurt that knee in week 1 against the Pats and his lack of mobility all year also hampered this offense.

I’m definitely not expecting him to be an elite QB year to year, but I’d like to see him at full health next year with a smarter offensive mind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He also probably hurt that knee in week 1 against the Pats and his lack of mobility all year also hampered this offense.

He should do more QB things.  CJ Stroud came into the NFL and passed for 4000 yards as a rookie and won a playoff game.  Doing QB things is good in the NFL when you are a QB.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He should do more QB things.  CJ Stroud came into the NFL and passed for 4000 yards as a rookie and won a playoff game.  Doing QB things is good in the NFL when you are a QB.

CJ is a fantastic processor. Not sure if Hurts will ever be that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Jalen has to be better obviously, but if you can’t see how this offensive scheme is letting him down at almost every turn is just being purposely clueless. This offense is beyond remedial and provides so little in terms of answers. Defenses know what we’ll be running most of the time. He’s not the biggest problem with the Eagles offense. Hopefully we are smart enough to clean house and find a competent offensive mind to pair with him like he had when Steichen was here.

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I think bailing on the pocket too early is probably the most frustrating thing he does.

Which he corrected last year. Not surprising he got in bad tendencies with how bad the play calling and coaching was this year. 

• Like 1