Wild Card Round GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

Jurgens will be fine. Book is out on Nolan, and I wanted Branch or JPJ but wasnt pissed with Nolan. Davis I wouldn't have drafted where he was and certainly wouldn't have traded up for, but he's not a bad player.

Agreed on all points except Davis. Davis isn't bad but is he good? I know what is for sure and that is he was horrible value in the 1st and I hated him at that spot. A run stuffing DT in a passing league is such a stupid 1st rounder. 

1 minute ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Agreed on all points except Davis. Davis isn't bad but is he good? I know what is for sure and that is he was horrible value in the 1st and I hated him at that spot. A run stuffing DT in a passing league is such a stupid 1st rounder. 

I think he obviously has his strengths and weaknesses. Little to no pass rush, but a good run defender and gets double teamed a lot which should open stuff up for others. All of which I was very against taking where we took him. I wanted Hamilton.

2 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Agreed on all points except Davis. Davis isn'tard to evaluate  DT's early in their career.

Zebad but is he good? I know what is for sure and that is he was horrible value in the 1st and I hated him at that spot. A run stuffing DT in a passing league is such a stupid 1st rounder. 

I disagree.  I think Davis ultimately lives up to that spot.  It's so hard to evaluate DT's their 2st couple years.  Lot less plug and play than someone like say Kyle Hamilton that was a popular choice amongst Eagles fans.  That said, let's get some Packers personnel guys in here.  They just find players everywhere in the draft.

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

But it seems like the internal organization crumbles between Howie/Laurie and the coach after 3 years every time 

I think the issue was they overcorrected so hard from Chip, they forgot the original mission of getting a guy who can make a special offense.

The lone thing Lurie says he’s always focused on and has reportedly  done things like get mad at just running the ball.

They bought into Doug and Nick’s passion to call plays and offense at knowing what the hell they are doing on their own.

If they are canning Nick, they got to get a guy who is both for once like Andy was. Not that I want Lurie to continuously chase that hire

• Like 1

Damn seeing Jason walk away with tears really stings. I will forever remember BJ as the incompetent OC that wasted Jason’s last season. I don’t remember a worse coaching season than this years team. Just abysmal from top to bottom (not you Clay and Stout)

6 hours ago, DeJack_10 said:

Damn seeing Jason walk away with tears really stings. I will forever remember BJ as the incompetent OC that wasted Jason’s last season. I don’t remember a worse coaching season than this years team. Just abysmal from top to bottom (not you Clay and Stout)

Oh Kotite in the 94' season was worse, but this staff wasn't much better.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Jalen in the post game last night, loser mentality

"Sometimes it's just not your turn."
"It just wasn't our turn."
"It wasn't our turn and I accept that."

What in the actual F?????

His high price tag combined with his average skill level (I’m just calling it how I see it) is going to be a MAJOR MAJOR problem for this team going down the line…. ESPECIALLY, if there is not a coaching change and Sirianni is here another year 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Jalen in the post game last night, loser mentality

"Sometimes it's just not your turn."
"It just wasn't our turn."
"It wasn't our turn and I accept that."

What in the actual F?????

God man I'm really starting to not believe in this guy. What a dramatic turnaround for him in under a year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

His high price tag combined with his average skill level (I’m just calling it how I see it) is going to be a MAJOR MAJOR problem for this team going down the line…. ESPECIALLY, if there is not a coaching change and Sirianni is here another year 

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

God man I'm really starting to not believe in this guy. What a dramatic turnaround for him in under a year.

I have been saying it for a while.  Unless things are perfect like in practice, he does not know how to adjust, move to second read, find an open man.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I have been saying it for a while.  Unless things are perfect like in practice, he does not know how to adjust, move to second read, find an open man.

This is a very scary reality and possibility. I don't know enough about the offense and schematics to really have a strong opinion on whether that's happening or not. But from what I see on TV, I feel like I say to myself a lot: "Devonta/Goedert was wide open over the middle there". Is that enough? Hard for me to say but it feels like it.

• Like 1