Wild Card Round GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

4 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

Dominant?  He's never thrown more than 23 touchdowns in a year. Our definition of dominant is different.  I consider last year highly efficient, hell on an elite level.... dominant is what Mahomes does almost every year. Mahomes with this squad would throw 50 TDs a season. Hurts numbers are inflated by him getting pushed across the goal line. He's good at what he does, but he doesn't read the field well and if he ever loses half a step speed wise, he is done.

Was he just not the runner up to MVP last year? How much better could he have gotten to? Besides #1

4 hours ago, downundermike said:

Career high is 23 passing TD's, CJ Stroud did that as a rookie.

Career high is 3858 passing yards, CJ Stroud passed for 4108 as a rookie, in 15 games and 39 less passing attempts than Hurts had this year.

Career best Int% is 1.3% last year, CJ Stroud 1.0% as a rookie.

Career high QB rating is 101.5 last year, CJ Stroud 100.8 as a rookie.

Jalen needs to evolve and be a franchise QB and carry the team with his arm.

Terrible comparison. They're not even the same type of QB. Stroud rarely runs. Stroud didn't run as much at OSU either. I mean more there then the NFL but still that's not his game. 

I do agree hurts needs to do more. I'm not gonna write him off cause of this terrible terrible coaching staff that just ruined every phase of the game. 

My point was hurts is not even close to the top of the list of issues. 

When we fix these issues and he happens to continue to suck then we should start to look right at him. Till then I'm not worried about him

4 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

Btw not blaming Jalen. Just not ignoring him in the equation 

I feel like we almost have to ignore him at this point in time. We seen what he can do with an awesome offensive mind. We've seen what he can do without it. If he sucks after we fix that huge issue then maybe you guys are right. Till then it's a giant ? That can't be answered yet one way or another. 

3 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I feel like we almost have to ignore him at this point in time. We seen what he can do with an awesome offensive mind. We've seen what he can do without it. If he sucks after we fix that huge issue then maybe you guys are right. Till then it's a giant ? That can't be answered yet one way or another. 

It cant be answered, but it cant be ignored either. The Eagles have to make decisions this offseason that do not ignore the Jalen Hurts questions. They cant just hire anyone. Like you said we saw what he can do with an awesome offensive mind, and thats what its going to require in order to get the most out of Jalen. 

My fear with Jalen is that he requires perfect situations in order to thrive. 

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I don’t know if anyone can say his “injury” isn’t serious enough. How do we know? Sometimes severe injuries just need rest. Anyone that has simply twisted their ankle playing pickup basketball knows it’s an injury that lingers.  Hard to rest when you’re playing football at a high level every week. It isn’t anything we can determine for ourselves, surgery or not. If a guy that requires his legs, like Hurts, to be successful then even a strain could be hindering. 

It’s just an awful quick assessment on a young QB to say he’s got to go. I agree nothing this year has pretty good optics but we know there’s an awful lot of blame to go around. He had a promising year, an mvp type year and a regressed year. I don’t think anyone can say for sure they know what kind of player he is, good or bad. But if youre making your definitive assessment after this year when mostly everything went wrong, I find that hard to swallow. A regressed year where he went to the playoffs I think I can work with. Get him coaching or play calling that compliments his strengths then I think you can determine his future better. 

He never appeared on the injury report for it to my knowledge and he wasn't resting, sooooooooooo throw that logic out the window.  If it comes out that he's getting a knee scope or whatever...cool he might have been injured.  With the information that we do know is that it was rumored he had a bone bruise on his knee which again does hurt, but he wasn't injured.  It's literally a pain management issue.  If he couldn't run because of it, then he should've never been playing because he certainly wasn't doing us any favors being out there.

54 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Was he just not the runner up to MVP last year? How much better could he have gotten to? Besides #1

Brock Purdy situation. But 50 million more reasons to be critical. Everything goes perfect and he looks great....

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

You can't ignore the issues. Acknowledge them and figure out how to hide/fix them. He isn't Mahomes/Burrow/Allen, but he is good enough to win a lot of football games in the right spot. We need a coach who can give him some help, not call four verts vs a 0 blitz every down.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

He never appeared on the injury report for it to my knowledge and he wasn't resting, sooooooooooo throw that logic out the window.  If it comes out that he's getting a knee scope or whatever...cool he might have been injured.  With the information that we do know is that it was rumored he had a bone bruise on his knee which again does hurt, but he wasn't injured.  It's literally a pain management issue.  If he couldn't run because of it, then he should've never been playing because he certainly wasn't doing us any favors being out there.

This is just semantics at this point. If he’s not actively being treated, he’s not going to be listed. If he slightly tore his meniscus and it causes discomfort but all it needs is rest, I’m not really sure what he can do, for instance. We have these comparisons in sports all the time. Is Hurts at 85% better than Mariota fully healthy? You can make your arguments.  But he didn’t look healthy to me. And if he wasn’t, maybe we should have not put him into position to use his legs. Or not commit to the run. Or get him more exposed to 3 step drop and throws. Design some stuff that’s not predicated on his legs. Besides all that, he’s going to have another year to prove himself. Asking for Jalen to be gone is just yelling into the wind.