2024 Playoff Thread: Divisional Round- Bucs @ Lions - 1/21/24

Is anyone actually excited for this game? We back doored our way into the playoffs and after that pathetic showing against the worst team in football in week 18, I'm not expecting much.

The only hope is that the Eagles are about the best draw you can have in the NFC right now, as they look lost and are dealing with key injuries.

Edited by kgarrett12486

Our only chance is if Hurts is not 100%

AJ Brown is probably out too

If we can recapture the magic we had against the Packers we could roll here, Eagles are reeling

but my expectations are going to be low tbh

either way LFG Bucs 

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47
typo

No lol

This offense lead by baker mayfield couldnt muster up 1 touchdown against the low led Panthers. Last drive our qb led a TD drive was during garbage time against the Saints.

Happy for the long term home grown bucs though. Good for Kancey, R White, Palmer and Yaya to get these playoff reps. It’ll payoff during the long run, remember it took us 4 years before we finally kicked the door down and got a ship. (99-02)

Edited by indifference

I knew the Eagles were having issues on both sides of the ball heading into the game, but man that was absolutely pathetic on their end. One of the worst tackling performances I can remember in recent history. 

Credit where it's due though. The coaching staff knew exactly where/when to attack the defense and Baker played lights out. The drops were an anomaly, as majority were by Evans and Otten, who are probably our two most sure handed options. 

Big win. Next week isn't going to be nearly as easy. 

Time to give Licht his props as one of the top GM's in the game. Absolutely crushed the draft in a year he had to with $80M in dead cap. 

Kancey, Diaby and Mauch are gonna be starters here a long time. Not to mention hitting on role players like Palmer, Hayes, Durham and Izien. 

3 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Time to give Licht his props as one of the top GM's in the game. Absolutely crushed the draft in a year he had to with $80M in dead cap. 

Kancey, Diaby and Mauch are gonna be starters here a long time. Not to mention hitting on role players like Palmer, Hayes, Durham and Izien. 

Zyon McColloum has been a steal as well. Dude nailed it with these young players. White has solidified his stay as RB1 moving forward.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, indifference said:

Zyon McColloum has been a steal as well. Dude nailed it with these young players. White has solidified his stay as RB1 moving forward.

Maybe Zyons future is at Safety? he played well there in spurts , if he could lock down that role, all we'd need is another Edge on D and a MLB to prepare for when David retires and the D is set for awhile

Well, this team exceeded my expectations coming into the season. I had them pegged for 6-8 wins and no playoffs. 

They were in the game the whole time with the Lions and had a few key plays on both offense and defense that if they hit on, the outcome is probably different. 

I must say, I came away very impressed with Mayfield in both playoff games. I'm comfortable giving him the 'bridge' deal now. We gotta bring Evans back, those two had great chmistry all season. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Well, this team exceeded my expectations coming into the season. I had them pegged for 6-8 wins and no playoffs. 

They were in the game the whole time with the Lions and had a few key plays on both offense and defense that if they hit on, the outcome is probably different. 

I must say, I came away very impressed with Mayfield in both playoff games. I'm comfortable giving him the 'bridge' deal now. We gotta bring Evans back, those two had great chmistry all season. 

Agree 💯

Baker deserves a bridge deal 

Evans can't be allowed to leave the building 

Target Edge and interior OL in the draft and this team should be in the hunt next year too

On 1/22/2024 at 4:27 AM, kgarrett12486 said:

Mike and I have been trying to tell you! 😉