2024 Eagles mock draft's and discussion

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:
148. Tahj Washington, WR USC
  • Downfield threat, bare minimum what I'd like them to add to the WR room. Returned kickoffs.

171. Brenden Rice, WR USC

• Double dipped on USC wideouts, taking a flyer on Jerry Rice's 6'3" son later in the draft. At least he could replace Julio's screens. Don't want to take too many legacy players..but there are a ton of them this draft.

Based on our history with USC wideouts, I doubt we take one let alone 2.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Based on our history with USC wideouts, I doubt we take one let alone 2.

did wince when I was adding the pictures for them and thinking of Nelly

FumSR_CX0AENi6a.jpg

Moreso those are archetypes I think / could see them targeting if WR is a day 3 thing. Think double dipping could make sense just to add to that room.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

did wince when I was adding the pictures for them and thinking of Nelly

FumSR_CX0AENi6a.jpg

Moreso those are archetypes I think / could see them targeting if WR is a day 3 thing. Think double dipping could make sense just to add to that room.

I am on the Malachi Corley train.  It would have to be in round 2 as he is going to do well at the combine, but he screams the next Deebo, and would be perfect in the slot to compliment AJ and Smitty.

59 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

171. Brenden Rice, WR USC

brenden-rice-draft-scouting-2024-696x463.jpg

• Double dipped on USC wideouts, taking a flyer on Jerry Rice's 6'3" son later in the draft. At least he could replace Julio's screens. Don't want to take too many legacy players..but there are a ton of them this draft.

Solid draft but I don’t think Rice probably goes this low and behind Washington too.

I’d also prefer to get a different corner in round 2.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I am on the Malachi Corley train.  It would have to be in round 2 as he is going to do well at the combine, but he screams the next Deebo, and would be perfect in the slot to compliment AJ and Smitty.

Can see why you like him, was available at 50. Just wasn’t sure they’d invest that heavily in WR….unless they think Devonta might walk.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

You guys think we could pry away Jaycee Horn or even Brian Burns from the Panthers?

E9rEAf5.png

I personally wouldn't. I loved Jaycee coming out and he is a good player, but he just hasn't been healthy enough and is due to get paid soon. Burns is great as well but is due to get paid now... Would rather go for a young defense this year with the soft reset mindset on that side of the ball similar to what the Rams did this year. Keep the keys guys around, cut the fat and go young. They won't be a good unit next year, but one that we can build on.

I'd draft a CB, a DE, and an OT early and look at S/LB in the mid rounds. Then 2025 we will  have a good idea what holes we have left to fill.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

You guys think we could pry away Jaycee Horn or even Brian Burns from the Panthers?

E9rEAf5.png

I think they'll do something significant at corner involving a young starting building block. I really don't think they have a choice given Bradberry's downfall and Slay's age, injury concerns and predictable decline in play. No way they go into next season with JB and Slay as the guys, and the young guys like Ricks and Ringo won't be handed the job. I think they'll address corner with a high profile trade, free agent signing, or a high draft pick.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I personally wouldn't. I loved Jaycee coming out and he is a good player, but he just hasn't been healthy enough and is due to get paid soon. Burns is great as well but is due to get paid now... Would rather go for a young defense this year with the soft reset mindset on that side of the ball similar to what the Rams did this year. Keep the keys guys around, cut the fat and go young. They won't be a good unit next year, but one that we can build on.

I'd draft a CB, a DE, and an OT early and look at S/LB in the mid rounds. Then 2025 we will  have a good idea what holes we have left to fill.

Fair enough, thought with Burns is them just taking advantage of the Panthers needing picks to get a blue chip player. Same with
Jaycee, but yeah his health amongst other things would be far less compensation.

I definitely can see them trying to jumpstart the younger core on defense with one of their three top 64 picks. So wanted to make a mock quick that did that.

But yeah I agree on those positions, there wasn’t an OT I wanted to take at those spots, but unless they believe in Steen…probably should take one a year early than a year late.

Just now, Kiltman said:

Fair enough, thought with Burns is them just taking advantage of the Panthers needing picks to get a blue chip player. Same with
Jaycee, but yeah his health amongst other things would be far less compensation.

I definitely can see them trying to jumpstart the younger core on defense with one of their three top 64 picks.

But yeah I agree on those positions, there wasn’t an OT I wanted to take at those spots, but unless they believe in Steen…probably should take one a year early than a year late.

I get the idea on Burns but for me I'd be looking to spend a bit less cash this coming year to make space for the future. Burns would be a huge add for the team, just not the right timing for me I guess.

I still think they want Steen to play RG and Jurgens to play C,  but we will see. We need an OL early and then a lottttt of young defenders.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Jeremiah has us taking an OT in the first for his initial mock draft. I'd be livid. Lane I could see realistically being here 3 more years.

Yeah once he said that I was like ok we can kick this can down the road, fine if they take one later but doesn’t need to be the first.

Unless they have zero confidence in Steen at RG and the guy they draft is a RT/RG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah once he said that I was like ok we can kick this can down the road, fine if they take one later but doesn’t need to be the first.

Unless they have zero confidence in Steen at RG and the guy they draft is a RT/RG

Later on I'd be fine with one, I'm always down to add guys to the trenches on both sides.

But for now and the future, there really are no guys to hang our hat on in the secondary. It's pretty close to a wasteland. 

4 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Later on I'd be fine with one, I'm always down to add guys to the trenches on both sides.

But for now and the future, there really are no guys to hang our hat on in the secondary. It's pretty close to a wasteland. 

Would love to get impactful rookies, Jalen Carter was a luxury I feel like we rarely get.

Like let’s get a Desean esque performance right out the gate