2024 Eagles mock draft's and discussion

I do think there’s a 80-90% chance they sign jeremy chinn if he hits free agency

they were considering drafting him

i think he’s precisely the type of guy they’ll sign 

I honestly would be totally fine throwing ridiculous cash at 2 safeties. Consider that position set for 6 years and then use the draft for young corners. They won’t do it but I’d prefer that to queen tbh. Queen worries me a tad. 

also eagles will definitely consider drafting WR or TE

and eagles really should draft a LB first 3 rounds. With 2 2nds I don’t think there’s an excuse to not. Getting a good young LB on a rookie deal would be gold

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Mock Offseason - 

Cap - 20.8 Million (Possibly 35-40 Million if Cap goes to 240-245 MIL)

Cut

S Byard - 14 Million

CB Maddox - 7 Million

Restructure - 

Edge Reddick - 11 Million

Extend - 

Cap - 52 Million (Possibly 67-72 Million)

Resign - 

RB Swift - 2-3 Year Deal 16-20 Million (Backloaded) - Cap Hit - 4 Million
DE Graham - 5-6 Million 1 Year - Cap hit - 4 Million

Cap - 44.5 Million (Possibly 59-64)

FA - Just the big names)

LB Patrick Queen - 5 Year Deal - 120 Million (17 Mil Cap Hit)
OLB/S Isaiah Simmons - 3 year Deal - 28 Million (7 Mil Cap Hit)
S Jeremy Chinn - 3 Year Deal - 55 Million (13 Mil Cap Hit)

Cap - 7.5 Million (Possibly 22-27 Million)

Draft - 

DET Trades 1st / 2nd / 2025 4th for 1st

Quinyon Mitchell Head Shot
PICK: 30 RND: 1 (PHI)
Quinyon MITCHELL
CB Toledo

Jackson Powers-Johnson Head Shot
PICK: 50 RND: 2 (PHI)
Jackson POWERS-JOHNSON
C Oregon

Jeremiah Trotter Jr. Head Shot
PICK: 54 RND: 2 (PHI)
Jeremiah TROTTER JR.
LB Clemson

Trade - Bills 2nd Rounder to SEA for 3rd / 4th / 5th 

Cooper Beebe Head Shot
PICK: 81 RND: 3 (PHI)
Cooper BEEBE
OG Kansas State

Javon Solomon Head Shot
PICK: 97 RND: 3 (PHI)
Javon SOLOMON
OLB-EDGE Troy

Malik Washington Head Shot
PICK: 118 RND: 4 (PHI)
Malik WASHINGTON
WR Virginia

Braelon Allen Head Shot
PICK: 137 RND: 5 (PHI)
Braelon ALLEN
RB Wisconsin

Jaylin Simpson Head Shot
PICK: 154 RND: 5 (PHI)
Jaylin SIMPSON
CB Auburn

Joe Milton III Head Shot
PICK: 163 RND: 5 (PHI)
Joe MILTON III
QB Tennessee

Christian Jones Head Shot
PICK: 172 RND: 5 (PHI)
Christian JONES
OT Texas

Jared Wiley Head Shot
PICK: 178 RND: 6 (PHI)
Jared WILEY
TE TCU

Tyler Harrell Head Shot
PICK: 243 RND: 7 (PHI)
Tyler HARRELL
WR Miami (FL)

The only free agent signing I remotely like here is Chinn, and I'm not even really big on him. Queen and Simmons just scream big swings and misses to me. I wouldn't trust Queen away from Roquan enough to give him any big money. And Simmons definitely can't be trusted really at all. He's like a flier guy to me. Draft is solid but I'd like another safety to add to the mix relatively high even after signing Chinn and having Reed/rehabbing Brown.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

The only free agent signing I remotely like here is Chinn, and I'm not even really big on him. Queen and Simmons just scream big swings and misses to me. I wouldn't trust Queen away from Roquan enough to give him any big money. And Simmons definitely can't be trusted really at all. He's like a flier guy to me. Draft is solid but I'd like another safety to add to the mix relatively high even after signing Chinn and having Reed/rehabbing Brown.

Roquan was only there last year, and Queen has had over 100 tackles every season except 1 he missed by 2 tackles..He's played in every game never injured. Him with Trotter Jr who played in a 3-4 in college would cement the ILB core along w/ Dean Rotating. 

Simmons would fit bcuz of his versatility imo, could put him all over the field, n can cover the field. 

I wanted to add safety but I think eagles are high in Blankenship. Also my FA signings were mainly people for starters, as depth is a crap shoot lol. 

12 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Roquan was only there last year, and Queen has had over 100 tackles every season except 1 he missed by 2 tackles..He's played in every game never injured. Him with Trotter Jr who played in a 3-4 in college would cement the ILB core along w/ Dean Rotating. 

Simmons would fit bcuz of his versatility imo, could put him all over the field, n can cover the field. 

I wanted to add safety but I think eagles are high in Blankenship. Also my FA signings were mainly people for starters, as depth is a crap shoot lol. 

I mean tackles and health are nice but is he actually solid or good? Trotter Jr would be fine especially where you have him. Simmons I see the versatility, but is he actually good or solid at any of them? Fangio defense needs good safeties. Chinn and Blankenship would be fine but idk. Feels like we need more pop than them.

7 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I mean tackles and health are nice but is he actually solid or good? Trotter Jr would be fine especially where you have him. Simmons I see the versatility, but is he actually good or solid at any of them? Fangio defense needs good safeties. Chinn and Blankenship would be fine but idk. Feels like we need more pop than them.

I think If it was him solo in a 4-3 he wouldn't work, but in a 3-4 ILB is his true position n fangio will coach h the best out of him. 

Simmons has never been valued anywhere, the city of Philly, he fits to a T. 

As far as safety it's a toss up on how many they wanna roll with. Especially since Sidney brown is the starter imo when back.

4 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Cut

S Byard - 14 Million

CB Maddox - 7 Million

Not sure where you are coming up with these numbers.

Byard cut is 13.03 million cap saved, and after Mekhi Garner is added to the top 51 it is 12.116 million saved.

Maddox is 1.9 million saved and 7.7 million dead, and after Shaq Davis is added to the top 51 it is 1.15 million saved.

15 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I think If it was him solo in a 4-3 he wouldn't work, but in a 3-4 ILB is his true position n fangio will coach h the best out of him. 

Simmons has never been valued anywhere, the city of Philly, he fits to a T. 

As far as safety it's a toss up on how many they wanna roll with. Especially since Sidney brown is the starter imo when back.

Simmons to me is a classic example of that one meme Pete always posts.

It didn't work for them, why would it work for us?

22 hours ago, downundermike said:

Not sure where you are coming up with these numbers.

Byard cut is 13.03 million cap saved, and after Mekhi Garner is added to the top 51 it is 12.116 million saved.

Maddox is 1.9 million saved and 7.7 million dead, and after Shaq Davis is added to the top 51 it is 1.15 million saved.

Byard n Maddox June 1st designations

My guess is the Eagles will go OT, WR, Will with their 1st 3 picks.

It's a deep draft for OT's and it would be such an Eagles thing to do to take Lane Johnson's eventual replacement with the 1st pick.  Ideally someone with inside/outside versatility that they could start at RG and eventually kick outside. 

It's also a good draft for slot WR's and it's a pretty integral part of the type of scheme Moore is going to want to run to have a shifty route runner playing in the slot.

I think they are also going to count on Dean again to fill one of the 2 starting LB spots.  He did play well WHEN he played.  I somehow feel like Howie will only half learn his lesson here.

CB I think they're kinda stuck with Slay on one side and going to have an open competition for the other side with Ringo being the favorite. There is also Rodgers, Maddox, McPherson, Ricks, Jobe, and possibly Bradberry if they try to salvage him.

Day 3 TE, RB, Edge, oline depth I imagine will be their top targets.  This of course all predicated on Howie not maneuvering around the draft which as we know is Howie's favorite past time.

47 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

My guess is the Eagles will go OT, WR, Will with their 1st 3 picks.

It's a deep draft for OT's and it would be such an Eagles thing to do to take Lane Johnson's eventual replacement with the 1st pick.  Ideally someone with inside/outside versatility that they could start at RG and eventually kick outside. 

It's also a good draft for slot WR's and it's a pretty integral part of the type of scheme Moore is going to want to run to have a shifty route runner playing in the slot.

I think they are also going to count on Dean again to fill one of the 2 starting LB spots.  He did play well WHEN he played.  I somehow feel like Howie will only half learn his lesson here.

CB I think they're kinda stuck with Slay on one side and going to have an open competition for the other side with Ringo being the favorite. There is also Rodgers, Maddox, McPherson, Ricks, Jobe, and possibly Bradberry if they try to salvage him.

Day 3 TE, RB, Edge, oline depth I imagine will be their top targets.  This of course all predicated on Howie not maneuvering around the draft which as we know is Howie's favorite past time.

I've come around a little bit more on taking an OT in the 1st but, I'd still be very let down. They better be damn sure this is Lane's last year. Can't have massive holes elsewhere during this super bowl window while Lane's 2027 replacement is chilling on the bench.

It'd be absolute malpractice for that to be their plan at CB. I'm talking like all-time malpractice. Firstly I don't think Slay is a CB1 anymore and secondly, counting on someone to emerge as a clear starter from that listed group would be mind-blowingly insane. Not saying a rookie would come in and be CB1 but both corner spots are needs right now and obviously for the future, like next year. Personally I think DeJean could come in and ball out as a rookie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Byard n Maddox June 1st designations

June 1sting Byard doesn't really accomplish anything. I reckon there's probably someone else we can more aptly apply that designation to.

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

I've come around a little bit more on taking an OT in the 1st but, I'd still be very let down. They better be damn sure this is Lane's last year. Can't have massive holes elsewhere during this super bowl window while Lane's 2027 replacement is chilling on the bench.

It'd be absolute malpractice for that to be their plan at CB. I'm talking like all-time malpractice. Firstly I don't think Slay is a CB1 anymore and secondly, counting on someone to emerge as a clear starter from that listed group would be mind-blowingly insane. Not saying a rookie would come in and be CB1 but both corner spots are needs right now and obviously for the future, like next year. Personally I think DeJean could come in and ball out as a rookie.

Unless an amazing OT prospect falls into our lap, I don't think it makes sense to take one that early. 

EDGE, CB, and LB for me tbh. 

Really hoping Sydney can come into his own this season and become what we all hope he can be.

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

Unless an amazing OT prospect falls into our lap, I don't think it makes sense to take one that early. 

Really hoping Sydney can come into his own this season and become what we all hope he can be.

Yeah I'm pretty hopeful about Sydney. Need to check out if any YouTube guys cut his plays up or do so in the future. Need a little breakdown on him. 

2 hours ago, Danger said:

If Taliese Fuaga remotely comes within striking distance,  Howie will pounce and trade up or draft him as Lane's replacement and become the RG for the next 1-2 years until Lane retires. 

Zero doubt in my mind. 

People won't like it, people will *****,it's not the sexy pick  but it makes perfect sense to me TBH. 

In a matter of 3-4 seasons 90% if not the entire Eagles OL that has been touted as Elite for over a decade would of been adequately and properly replaced thru the draft for the next decade!

Peters-Mailata

Seomalu-Dickerson 

Kelce-Jurgens

Brooks- Fuaga (24/25)/Steen/25'???

Johnson- Fuaga

That is Howie in a nutshell,  always playing the long game. Not the immediate satisfaction most of you allways want.

Chess>Checkers

Edited by Nabbs4u